The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Coyotes 1 Canucks 0

Bob Singh

Sad thing about it is no one came in to defend booth. The reason players do cheap shot to us is because they can do it and get away with it. It was so pathetic after the kings game I expected at least someone to come in to defend booth they just watched. Crappy team and at least if you suck you still stand up for you're own teammates and they can't even do that. Complete trash.

And yes he should be suspended even tho he got 4 minutes which was useless cause our powerplay is just awful he could of gave booth anther concussion for no reason at all. Just when booth was starting to play really good hockey. No idea why Hanzel put his stick up like that.

It seems to be his natural reaction to impending physical contact. It's actually pretty common.

If you watch players who are standing still and have opponents bearing down on them, quite often they get their sticks up to "protect" themselves. Do it often enough and it becomes a habit.

It definitely seems habitual with Hanzal. The problem is, he's 6'6". When you're that tall and carry your stick high, you're going to end up with more than your share of stick infractions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got a call from Shanny, but I have to cut the zebras some slack. They saw the one on Booth and gave the appropriate 4 minute penalty, but the shots to Hank and Santorelli were pretty much invisible. Cheech and Shorty didn't see them either. In fact, no-one did until they were caught on the replays.

Ken Campbell@THNKenCampbell13m

Martin Hanzal fined 0.16% of his yearly salary for taking three guys out of last night's game with crosschecks. OK, then.

LMAO! A direct shot to the head and all he gets is a token fine.

Nope, the league is definitely not out to get the Canucks. Not at all. What a bloody joke.

lol

If Hanzal's behavior is the kind of stuff that is to be condoned, it's probably time for me to start looking around for a new spectator sport.

Like kickboxing or mma.

Or just hire a bunch of MMA fighters to play for us. Take out all the NHL's pet-project teams like ANA-LA-SJ-PHX in a blaze of glory.

Ken Campbell@THNKenCampbell13m

Martin Hanzal fined 0.16% of his yearly salary for taking three guys out of last night's game with crosschecks. OK, then.

LMAO! A direct shot to the head and all he gets is a token fine.

Nope, the league is definitely not out to get the Canucks. Not at all. What a bloody joke.

I'll just leave this here

Or just hire a bunch of MMA fighters to play for us. Take out all the NHL's pet-project teams like ANA-LA-SJ-PHX in a blaze of glory.

Isn't that what we tried to do in LA? During the dying minutes of the Anaheim debacle? Didn't work so good did it?

Some interesting points you make here. One: was it really a slash by Hanzal on Santorelli? Is that really what you saw, a slash? And people like you complain about the reffing? Maybe have one more look at that 'slash'. Second: "And he should be suspended for crosschecking Booth to the face/head. But he won't", it must be nice to know the future. If he gets suspended would you then say that it once and for all disproves your claim of NHL's bias and inconsistency? Will you?

Some mistakes you made there. One: No matter how you construct the message, it's not pointing out "interesting points" if you're just arguing with them, so why be disingenuous? Why not just post your opinion and let it stand on its own? (Fine, you don't want to call it a slash because he didn't swing his stick, but still used it as a weapon, jamming it in Santo's ribs and likely hurting his shoulder by pushing up violently on it with his stick. So maybe suggest something else to call it instead of just be pointless snarky. Crosschecking? Roughing? Whatever you call it, a Canuck would have likely be penalized for that!) Second: The NHL has already announced Hanzal got fined for deliberately crosschecking Booth in the face and causing an injury. Or, put another way for doing something worse than Kass' recklessness in the pre-season which got him suspended. Apparently I do know the future. And sadly my distrust and anger with the kangaroo nature of the NHL's version of "player safety" remain unchallenged.

...Off to buy a lottery ticket.

soooo.....not one peep from the league about any suspension call/hearing on Hanzal?? What a shocker!!

Phone Coversation between Gillis and Bettman

GB: Hi Mike what can I do for you today?

MG: Well its about a few of the questionable shots a few players on our team received during the Phoenix game

GB: Right that team was owned by us it really wasn't, a conflict though but go on

MG: Well Gary I was just wondering if for 1 the head shot to David Booth from Hanzal was going to be looked into.

GB: Ya Mike we looked into it last week its all good nothing to see here.

MG: WTF

GB: Mike I want you to know I really don't harbor any bad feelings for being booed in your city.

MG:HuH?

GB: Well Rumor has it you are training Tom Sestito to beat my family up and eat my grandchildren

MG: Well actually Ga......

GB Mike I want you to know that the NHL and its former team the Phoenix Coyotes will do everything possible to get new skate sharpeners installed in its arena

GB: Sorry Mike I gotta go. I have a meeting with BOG we are discussing the head way we are making on insurance,,,,, I mean head shots and how to deal with repeat offenders, if you have any input let us know ok.

At least it looks like someone cares

Kesler on 0-3 road trip: "Horrendous. It was awful. I'm pissed off right now. I need to be better, we need to be better as a group."

You know what...if that guy friggen cares

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RYAN KESLER - LIKE MAYBE BEING THE LEADER AND OFFENSIVE PLAYER, AND DIFFERENCE MAKER YOU ARE PAID TO BE

VS

CONSTANTLY SAYING YOU ARE MAD TO THE MEDIA AND THEN SUBSEQUENTLY DISAPPEARING IN GAMES

YOU ARE PAID TO BE A CONSISTENT OFFENSIVE AND PHYSICAL THREAT

TRYING SHUTTING UP AND PLAYING THAT ROLE INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT IT

Archived