The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Collective feeling on Tort's 'antics'?

Steve Carell

But I don't foresee anything positive arising from this mess.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that people are taking "this mess" as a positive. For the most part, we believe that Torts had little choice but to do what he did in matching 4th lines with Hartley.

It was unfortunate that he lost his cool and tried to get into the Flames' dressing room, but no-one is calling it a positive. People in general are glad that Torts is standing up for his guys, but realize that he took it a bit too far.

It's not an ideal situation, but as I said in an earlier post, Sully and Gully can handle the team. I doubt that it's the disaster that you seem to think it is.

Hartley is as slimy as they come but he's no fool. I agree with Remy and stawns; Torts got played like a big fish. Canucks are .400 since the big statement game with the only points coming in one goal games against the terrible Alberta teams. They were .633 before that. Let's see what the record is in 5 more, eh?

Our penalty kill is fantastic. I say go after teams. Not to injure but to make sure they know they wont get away with jack chit. I really like this version of the Nux.

A team with guys who have each others backs. And a coach who has the players backs. I dont think we have ever had that in Vancouver before. :)

I bet you anything that the other 29 fanbases secretly have more respect for the organization even if they dont admit it. I think every team would want to have a chemistry like that.

Archived