522 replies to this topic

#31 kassians_fist

kassians_fist

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

On a side note, I think our intro song should be changed to the chorus of Weezer's Pork and Beans.

kassiansig2_zps8c73ed3c.jpg

#32 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

i think it was great... it sux lain didn't get to play.... i was excited to see what he brings

I am guessing Lain is getting a lot of pats on the back from the pros for answering the bell, though. He'll get his chance to shine.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#33 R3aL

R3aL

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

No problem with the passion, seeing Burrows Kesler and Kassians energy with him on the BN, clearly Torts has the teams support and thats all that matters.

Cal was trying to start the game off by roughing up the sedins no doubt, no problem with torts defending his players and then passionately responding.

PJ is a goof, all the comments on torts how he should act blah blah blah, and look at how he conducts himself, the other two were much more fair and unbiased and say professional when talking about it PJ was just tweaking and was even rude to his colleagues, clearly has a personal beef with torts lol

15s7x8x.jpg

Work of Art by: Justdean10

#34 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

The National Hokey League has long harboured a bias towards Vancouver. Watch Bettman's wrath in the coming days. Torts was absolutely right in his actions. Hopefully this will galvanize the team, much like Roger Neilson waving a towel did years ago.
No one escapes my blast!

#35 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

PJ wears "intellectualy babyish PJ's" .. it all makes sense now .. what a doofus

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#36 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

I love this team, when we are not scoring or winning we are still entertaining, with tostito in the lineup every game is great.

#37 Fat Phil

Fat Phil

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Torts made the right call. Lets be honest that 4th line was going to stir up trouble regardless who was on the ice. I'm pretty sure we all know Westgarth was going to drop his gloves even if Henrik Sedin was out there. I just didn't like that Kellan Lain 2 seconds into his NHL debut is forced to fight a notorious NHL heavyweight in Kevin Westgarth. Also PJ stock can suck it for all I care. The guy's a joke plays his whole career as a plug and starts to call Torts "Bush League" for putting out his 4th line? WOW
Posted Image

Thanks Blueberries for the sig!

#38 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

POPULAR

What Tort's did was a lot better than just standing there shaking your head while going though a pack of trident.

Posted Image

#39 5nothincanucksohno

5nothincanucksohno

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

This team is not a "great" regular season team but I think they are probably going to be a better playoff team (than they have been the last two years). Hopefully they can keep building...limit the fighting but keep the team toughness.

#40 Uller34

Uller34

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Loved it....The antics of other teams and ref's last 20 games sort of proud Torts kept it together this long. Love the Passion and He is right...Flamers all dropped there gloves first...first he jump Kev before puck hits the ice and then Grabs Lain by the jersey ands starts swinging..and we get a 2 min power play....and how many 7 min power plays have the refs give the other teams lately!!!!????? PJ Stock a moron..he would blame the rape victim...(he said its was Sedins fault for letting Marchand punch him over and over because he didn't stand up for himself..but now its Torts fault for not putting 1st line out against the goon squad?..oops drifting) but sadly he is a mirror of the Leagues attitude...Canucks going to get roasted and flames wont be touched.

#41 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Lots of people got worked up over his "antics" and all but at the end of the day hockey is just entertainment and let me ask you something, are you not entertained?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#42 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

torts' post game had to be a direct shot at pj's comments on the air "all these people pissin and moanin have no idea what a locker room is all about" even tho pj was an ex player, the guy's detatched from the game

29qmupt.jpg

Twilight isn't impressed.

#43 BanTSN

BanTSN

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

Should've put the Sedins out there and then have Daniel hack away at McGrattain's leg.
Posted Image

#44 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

What Tort's did was a lot better than just standing there shaking your head while going though a pack of trident.

Sure, Tortorella really accomplished a lot with his tantrum, didn't he? Now the league will respect us, and the other teams, too. All the frustrated fans are so happy to watch a frustrated coach, because that's how they'd like to react in that situation. I guess it's just too bad that it's not how the real world actually works.

AV was a great coach that brought a ton of professionalism to this organization, along with the best years in this franchise's history. Vigneault commanded respect from anyone that knew hockey which, apparently, does not include a highly vocal portion of the Vancouver fanbase.

But guess what, careful what you wish for has never been more true. We're facing one of the worst seasons in recent Canucks history, and our reputation has never been worse. So yeah, gosh darn that last coach we had. :rolleyes:

Edited by Remy, 19 January 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#45 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

I like the fire and passion torts showed. Too bad he doesn't have a good enough team that can win

#46 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Nothing inspires leadership like a guy who's willing to do whatever it takes to defend his team. Did he cross a line? Perhaps. But it's coaches like that, players will go through a brick wall for.

I agree totally. It was obvious that the Flames had the intentions of starting that game with a brawl. What impressed me most was Torts was not going to let any team dictate how a game would be played in his barn nor was he about to allow his first line players get involved with a bunch of goons who wern't sent out there to play hockey.

They can say what they want about what Torts did but when I witness a coach stick up for his team like that, I am glad he is the Canuck coach. Bieksa knew that Lain was to be front and center of that brawl and stepped right up to the plate to defend a team mate. Codos to Torts and Bieksa for what they did. As a fan, I am behind them all the way.

Good job boys, you both make me feel proud to be a Canuck Fan. To hell with those that see it otherwise.

Edited by Benchsplinters, 19 January 2014 - 12:21 AM.

(1) "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

(2) "On the internet you can be anything you want. It's strange so many people choose to be stupid."

(3) "As I have grown older, I have learned pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake."

(4) "Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it."

(5) "Organized people are just too lazy to look for things."

#47 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

He crossed a line. One he felt he had to cross but he still crossed a line. At the end of the day he's going to get a slap-on-the-wrist fine and the world will keep spinning. As a Canuck fan I'm certainly proud of Torts for stepping up for his team.
As far as PJ goes, he's an idiot. He kept preaching that the Canucks should have started their top players and taken advantage of the 4th line but that would never happen. If the Flames start their plumbers 1 of 2 things will happen: either a Flame takes a cheapshot (not saying they would but it's definitely a possibility) or the 4th liners immediately change.

aXmDa9t.gif

#48 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

I feel great. Got a lot off my chest.
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#49 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#50 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

I love it and at the same time hate it.

I love how Torts is standing up for his team. Frickin absolutely love it. We've been pushed around for far too long. Yet what Torts did definitely crossed a line. Yelling at the coach from the bench is fine but to go to the other team's d-room is too much.

I'm so conflicted. I absolutely loved what Torts did even though he was in the wrong.

#51 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

it really was no worse than what Roy did and he got nothing not even a slap on the wrist i expect the same

#52 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,971 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

POPULAR

I've been ranting all over the place, pretty sure my opinion's well known on this. But, just in case, fully support Tort's actions. Sorry he had to resort to that, but he's seen enough. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And believe me, the league can't ignore it anymore. Sure, he'll pay a price. But there's a glaring spotlight that begs to get answers to the question "what the hell happened there"? And that exposure can't hurt us anymore than is already being done. Oh sure, the media clowns will glom on. Whatever. Stooges.

If the league wants to play with rules that waver all over the place, make your own.

Fully support this. Do or die time and we were dying. I have never cared about image...I care about holding true to yourself and doing what's right by those standards - no others. And I feel that's what Torts did.

Sure, he lost it and it's not the most professional way. But this league has become anything but professional. You have a ref clearly calling someone a profane name on national TV. We can read lips. You have refs who say they're "watching" one player who "made him look bad". But wait a minute...aren't they supposed to watch the entire ice? So how are they doing their job if they're simply focused on one guy? (Answer: they're not).

Long overdue. This gong show started long before Torts lost it. For crying out loud, look how the game started for a clue.

Posted Image

#53 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,435 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

Oddly enough I think of this when I think of Torts.

Caution: Strong Language.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#54 Dr. Crossbar

Dr. Crossbar

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Torts put his own ass on the line tonight and guaranteed our boys in the locker room went "holy s@)^!!!" They're going to go war for this guy! That's how it goes! Amazing moment in this team's history. Can't wait to see the effect. Torts deserves respect!

#55 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I liked what Torts did, he was protecting his team. Watching the face off, Westgarth made no attempt to play the puck right after the face off and went straight for Bieksa. It sure looked intentional what they were going to do.

As for what happened between periods, Torts was showing his emotions. I like how involved he is with his team. Whether right or wrong, he's showing he is a Canuck.

The move by Hartley to put that line out there, that was classless and goes back to the days of the broad street bullies. Torts had to put his 4th line out there, he was responding to a situation he was forced into. I think that's why they call it line matching.

#56 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,971 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

I liked what Torts did, he was protecting his team. Watching the face off, Westgarth made no attempt to play the puck right after the face off and went straight for Bieksa. It sure looked intentional what they were going to do.

As for what happened between periods, Torts was showing his emotions. I like how involved he is with his team. Whether right or wrong, he's showing he is a Canuck.

The move by Hartley to put that line out there, that was classless and goes back to the days of the broad street bullies. Torts had to put his 4th line out there, he was responding to a situation he was forced into. I think that's why they call it line matching.

And where the hell is there a place for this sort of garbage in this game? Our guys get 7 minute penalties and this clear cut agenda can unfold like this? The league better bloody well look at a game that may as well have had a bell vs a face off.

Flames. What a joke.

Posted Image

#57 Webster6

Webster6

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Boom. Headshot.

#58 Webster6

Webster6

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Sure, Tortorella really accomplished a lot with his tantrum, didn't he? Now the league will respect us, and the other teams, too. All the frustrated fans are so happy to watch a frustrated coach, because that's how they'd like to react in that situation. I guess it's just too bad that it's not how the real world actually works.

AV was a great coach that brought a ton of professionalism to this organization, along with the best years in this franchise's history. Vigneault commanded respect from anyone that knew hockey which, apparently, does not include a highly vocal portion of the Vancouver fanbase.

But guess what, careful what you wish for has never been more true. We're facing one of the worst seasons in recent Canucks history, and our reputation has never been worse. So yeah, gosh darn that last coach we had. :rolleyes:

Ten games back we were doing the best the team had done since 2011. It's a slump, they happen from time to time. Give your head a shake pal.

#59 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

No problem with the passion, seeing Burrows Kesler and Kassians energy with him on the BN, clearly Torts has the teams support and thats all that matters.

Cal was trying to start the game off by roughing up the sedins no doubt, no problem with torts defending his players and then passionately responding.

PJ is a goof, all the comments on torts how he should act blah blah blah, and look at how he conducts himself, the other two were much more fair and unbiased and say professional when talking about it PJ was just tweaking and was even rude to his colleagues, clearly has a personal beef with torts lol

It's an anti-Vancouver thing with PJ going back all the way to the beginning of his CBC gig. He seems to have an irrational hatred of of all thing Vancouver. Hopefully he gets jumped and crap-kicked by some hooligans on one of his visits here.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#60 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

Yeah, because the league had so much respect for us in the past, right? :rolleyes:

Tell me, genius, how many cups have we won by trying to play nice? Yeah, that's what I f***ing thought.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.