The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Collective feeling on Tort's 'antics'?

Steve Carell

Guest Gumballthechewy

Lots of people got worked up over his "antics" and all but at the end of the day hockey is just entertainment and let me ask you something, are you not entertained?

What Tort's did was a lot better than just standing there shaking your head while going though a pack of trident.

Sure, Tortorella really accomplished a lot with his tantrum, didn't he? Now the league will respect us, and the other teams, too. All the frustrated fans are so happy to watch a frustrated coach, because that's how they'd like to react in that situation. I guess it's just too bad that it's not how the real world actually works.

AV was a great coach that brought a ton of professionalism to this organization, along with the best years in this franchise's history. Vigneault commanded respect from anyone that knew hockey which, apparently, does not include a highly vocal portion of the Vancouver fanbase.

But guess what, careful what you wish for has never been more true. We're facing one of the worst seasons in recent Canucks history, and our reputation has never been worse. So yeah, gosh darn that last coach we had. :rolleyes:

Nothing inspires leadership like a guy who's willing to do whatever it takes to defend his team. Did he cross a line? Perhaps. But it's coaches like that, players will go through a brick wall for.

I agree totally. It was obvious that the Flames had the intentions of starting that game with a brawl. What impressed me most was Torts was not going to let any team dictate how a game would be played in his barn nor was he about to allow his first line players get involved with a bunch of goons who wern't sent out there to play hockey.

They can say what they want about what Torts did but when I witness a coach stick up for his team like that, I am glad he is the Canuck coach. Bieksa knew that Lain was to be front and center of that brawl and stepped right up to the plate to defend a team mate. Codos to Torts and Bieksa for what they did. As a fan, I am behind them all the way.

Good job boys, you both make me feel proud to be a Canuck Fan. To hell with those that see it otherwise.

He crossed a line. One he felt he had to cross but he still crossed a line. At the end of the day he's going to get a slap-on-the-wrist fine and the world will keep spinning. As a Canuck fan I'm certainly proud of Torts for stepping up for his team.

As far as PJ goes, he's an idiot. He kept preaching that the Canucks should have started their top players and taken advantage of the 4th line but that would never happen. If the Flames start their plumbers 1 of 2 things will happen: either a Flame takes a cheapshot (not saying they would but it's definitely a possibility) or the 4th liners immediately change.

I love it and at the same time hate it.

I love how Torts is standing up for his team. Frickin absolutely love it. We've been pushed around for far too long. Yet what Torts did definitely crossed a line. Yelling at the coach from the bench is fine but to go to the other team's d-room is too much.

I'm so conflicted. I absolutely loved what Torts did even though he was in the wrong.

I've been ranting all over the place, pretty sure my opinion's well known on this. But, just in case, fully support Tort's actions. Sorry he had to resort to that, but he's seen enough. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And believe me, the league can't ignore it anymore. Sure, he'll pay a price. But there's a glaring spotlight that begs to get answers to the question "what the hell happened there"? And that exposure can't hurt us anymore than is already being done. Oh sure, the media clowns will glom on. Whatever. Stooges.

If the league wants to play with rules that waver all over the place, make your own.

Fully support this. Do or die time and we were dying. I have never cared about image...I care about holding true to yourself and doing what's right by those standards - no others. And I feel that's what Torts did.

Sure, he lost it and it's not the most professional way. But this league has become anything but professional. You have a ref clearly calling someone a profane name on national TV. We can read lips. You have refs who say they're "watching" one player who "made him look bad". But wait a minute...aren't they supposed to watch the entire ice? So how are they doing their job if they're simply focused on one guy? (Answer: they're not).

Long overdue. This gong show started long before Torts lost it. For crying out loud, look how the game started for a clue.

I liked what Torts did, he was protecting his team. Watching the face off, Westgarth made no attempt to play the puck right after the face off and went straight for Bieksa. It sure looked intentional what they were going to do.

As for what happened between periods, Torts was showing his emotions. I like how involved he is with his team. Whether right or wrong, he's showing he is a Canuck.

The move by Hartley to put that line out there, that was classless and goes back to the days of the broad street bullies. Torts had to put his 4th line out there, he was responding to a situation he was forced into. I think that's why they call it line matching.

I liked what Torts did, he was protecting his team. Watching the face off, Westgarth made no attempt to play the puck right after the face off and went straight for Bieksa. It sure looked intentional what they were going to do.

As for what happened between periods, Torts was showing his emotions. I like how involved he is with his team. Whether right or wrong, he's showing he is a Canuck.

The move by Hartley to put that line out there, that was classless and goes back to the days of the broad street bullies. Torts had to put his 4th line out there, he was responding to a situation he was forced into. I think that's why they call it line matching.

And where the hell is there a place for this sort of garbage in this game? Our guys get 7 minute penalties and this clear cut agenda can unfold like this? The league better bloody well look at a game that may as well have had a bell vs a face off.

Flames. What a joke.

Sure, Tortorella really accomplished a lot with his tantrum, didn't he? Now the league will respect us, and the other teams, too. All the frustrated fans are so happy to watch a frustrated coach, because that's how they'd like to react in that situation. I guess it's just too bad that it's not how the real world actually works.

AV was a great coach that brought a ton of professionalism to this organization, along with the best years in this franchise's history. Vigneault commanded respect from anyone that knew hockey which, apparently, does not include a highly vocal portion of the Vancouver fanbase.

But guess what, careful what you wish for has never been more true. We're facing one of the worst seasons in recent Canucks history, and our reputation has never been worse. So yeah, gosh darn that last coach we had. :rolleyes:

Ten games back we were doing the best the team had done since 2011. It's a slump, they happen from time to time. Give your head a shake pal.

No problem with the passion, seeing Burrows Kesler and Kassians energy with him on the BN, clearly Torts has the teams support and thats all that matters.

Cal was trying to start the game off by roughing up the sedins no doubt, no problem with torts defending his players and then passionately responding.

PJ is a goof, all the comments on torts how he should act blah blah blah, and look at how he conducts himself, the other two were much more fair and unbiased and say professional when talking about it PJ was just tweaking and was even rude to his colleagues, clearly has a personal beef with torts lol

It's an anti-Vancouver thing with PJ going back all the way to the beginning of his CBC gig. He seems to have an irrational hatred of of all thing Vancouver. Hopefully he gets jumped and crap-kicked by some hooligans on one of his visits here.

Yeah, because the league had so much respect for us in the past, right? :rolleyes:

Tell me, genius, how many cups have we won by trying to play nice? Yeah, that's what I f***ing thought.

Archived