The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Lain's family

jagori78

Too bad to see his folks fly out all this way for his 1st NHL game; only to see him ejected right away. Hope the team can pass around the hat so his folks can go see his next game in Edmonton next week.

They probably have a life too... but maybe they have next week off too, which would be great.

Tortorella might offer those seats.

Yea kind of does suck but honestly, if that was my kid I saw out there, there's no reason why I wouldn't be proud of his performance. There's a beauty to that too so as sad as it looks from his parents standpoint, I'm certain they're very pleased of him and will watch him play another game soon, one which he can actually play a bit :)

I hope the organization or the Nucks players & their families have already reached-out to help them with accomodaton or transportation to the next game he plays in. Invite em along to a team dinner or something, Their son came thru for the team....in a big time. Hope everyone reaches out to makes their experience grand -anyway.

As others said - hes already in the NHL record books as a Canuck. :canucks:

Woot! Woot! :emot-parrot:

First game, first shift in and already in the record books! That is pretty impressive haha, not many people can say that.

I'm sure the team appreciates Lain for stepping up in a big way, and they will probably find a way to show it as well.

Looking forward to seeing more of him the upcoming games!!

Given he is no stranger to hockey fights, I don't see whats so bad.

He stood there and did pretty good, if that was my kid I'd be pretty happy. Sure didn't get to see him play more, but this would have been much more memorable than say 6 minutes of ice time with one or two hits and just maybe a shot.

I would have thought it was pretty damn awesome.

Given he is no stranger to hockey fights, I don't see whats so bad.

He stood there and did pretty good, if that was my kid I'd be pretty happy. Sure didn't get to see him play more, but this would have been much more memorable than say 6 minutes of ice time with one or two hits and just maybe a shot.

I would have thought it was pretty damn awesome.

6min, 1-2 hits and 1 shot!? He would have had a hat trick. :P

Too bad to see his folks fly out all this way for his 1st NHL game; only to see him ejected right away. Hope the team can pass around the hat so his folks can go see his next game in Edmonton next week.

I think Gillis should make arrangements for his parents to go to Edmonton to see his son play.

Archived