The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison a bit of a dissapointment so far?

Outsiders

Jason Garrison a disappointment so far?

He hasn’t played well defensively, always misses the net on the PP. Is he another “bad signing” from Florida ? He is normally soft(except for the brawl last night). So is he really worth 4.6? Anyways I like Garrison and think he could turn this around. Thoughts? And what is his value. He puts up 6 points in 7 games then goes bone dry for 10 games.

He's struggled pretty much only when the entire team struggles. I do however agree with the lack of aim. Other than that he's been exactly what a thought. Good but not excellent in his own zone, but still great offensively. He's our best scoring defenseman on par or exceeding elder.

Hes been up and down like most of the team. Points wise he's had a good year 26 points in 50 games. Hasnt been able to get his big shot off as teams have focused on him. He isnt a physical guy and hasnt found a defensive partner yet that can play with him. I believe he should be able to play better.

Really?

Like really?

Best check his entire body of work. In such a short amount of time in the league the guys been very impressive. And in case you missed it, solid fight last night

Did you not read my post? I said is normally soft(expect for the brawl last night) meaning he fought and did well. im honestly starting to think your the worst poster on CDC and should be band

Did you not read my post? I said is normally soft(expect for the brawl last night) meaning he fought and did well. im honestly starting to think your the worst poster on CDC and should be band

The word is BANNED pal.

I read your post, you're running off of another post started earlier this week like you had an original thought.

Garrisons biggest knock is that he doesn't hit, has an inaccurate shot and doesn't fight all the time. Heads up, Salo was also this bad in his 20's and after he was brought in from Ottawa for many years people wanted him gone for being made of glass not hitting the net etc, now they want him back.

Garrison is a solid top 4 d man, took less money to play here and will be a great replacement for Salo when he comes into his own,

What a joke of a thread. The guy is on pace for about 45 points. Is still very steady is signed to a solid contract in direct relation to a rising cap, is local and is here for quite a while.

Deal with it.

As for being the worst poster, I can show you some of the gems you've thrown out there lately. I am sure that would highlight how bad I am in comparison right?

This season he hasn't played bad but he has had some games that aren't good enough. Just so you know he does lead the D in points and if he gets more accuracy on his shot, I think he may be able to break the 20 goal mark

HAHAHAHA I saw that episode in your sig/gif. She was so cute to. That welt was massive after

It depends what you expect of him, if you expect him to be a point-machine then yes

But if you're a bit more realstic then no. Yes he's a bit streaky and he misses the net a bit with his 1-timers, but honestly you try teeping up your hardest shot from the point and tell me if you come close to his shot power wise, and accuracy wise.

It depends what you expect of him, if you expect him to be a point-machine then yes

But if you're a bit more realstic then no. Yes he's a bit streaky and he misses the net a bit with his 1-timers, but honestly you try teeping up your hardest shot from the point and tell me if you come close to his shot power wise, and accuracy wise.

I'm pretty sure his wrist shot is harder than Tanev's "slap-shot" (if you can say that he has one). Jason would be dangerous if he uncorked that more often just to keep the D and goalies guessing. With all the videos available nowadays it'd be in his best interests to diversify IMO. That and he and Edler can take turns setting each other up and switching places on the blue line. The way the unit's been set up is way too static for their own good, with Edler always passing and Garrison always bombing.

RE: OP, I don't think his play's been bad-- inconsistent yes, bad not so much.

Archived