The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik's Ironman Streak Over

Strombone1

Considering your current sig I am surprised you didn't mention Manning's 227 game streak or Brett Favre starting 321 consecutive games (including playoffs). Now that's an impressive streak!

Manning's competitve as hell. It's even more impressive when you consider he's never been the most mobile QB. Favre's streak is even more impressive, although I'm sure that contributed to his issues with painkillers over the course of his career.

Guest Gumballthechewy

While I am a little saddened by this news nothing is more important than the team, individual achievements are just gravy.

Glad Hank is finally missing a game. As much of a record this was, it was best for him and the team. Everyone knows Hank is a team player and when he talks about his ironman streak, he still says it isn't personal but deep down inside, it really is. It's great to have that and feed of it, his passion for the game to keep on playing but sometimes, you have push aside that love of the game and desire to keep on pushing for yourself and the team.

Look at it this way, a bit of him might be gone since he'll finally miss a game and it'll bite away a bit but it's the best case scenario because Hanks can finally rest, recover, and also gives opportunity for other centres on the team to step up as the teams top centre is injured. It's a positive all around and as much as I and anyone else don't want to see Hank missing a game, it really is the best move.

You know what, Russian Rocket might be on to something. I think it's possible having an active Iron Man streak could be great in theory, terrible in practice, especially for a first line center and Captain. I wonder how many times over the past few years Henrik has played through an injury with subpar performance over a stretch of games, vs. taking a few off and healing properly.

It shows the Sedins are tough players and any of that sister stuff should be laid to rest for eternity. Not that it matters, cause anyone saying that is brain dead or is jealous. I rather have him healthy for playoffs then keeping this streak alive, while hes being held together by band aids.

Other than to get under Canucks fans skin, does anyone really believe they aren't tough? I hate the "sisters" tag.

A cheap shot by a twit caused this...and once again no call.

Don't expect the NHL to step in when a CANUCK player gets GOONED let alone a Ref.

Strange how the NHL commentators love how the BRUINS GOONED their way to the Cup.

However if a CANUCK player PLAYS HARD or their Coach stands up for the TEAM They are BRANDED a disgrace.

THE HYPOCRISY DEMONSTRATED BY HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA...HAS BECOME A JOKE...and PJ Stock shows it nightly.

If we include the 75 playoff games that Hank played since 2004, it makes 754 consecutive games played as a Canuck.

Bouwmeester has only played 6 playoff games his whole career.

I think I know who the real ironman is.

But I'll take a healthy Hank over a playing-through-injury-to-keep-a-trivial-streak-alive Hank.

This could be a blessing in disguise

Henrik gets to rest up his ribs, back, and his finger for the playoffs, we get to see what Daniel is really made off, and now that Henrik is outta the line up, our power play will be forced to find another solution besides Henrik to Daniel back to Henrik back to Daniel back to Henrik and an eventual missed shot and gets cleared

Let's hope the boys will respond to Henrik's absence... Well if not, we could always enjoy that top 5 pick we haven't had in almost 15 years

The top picks we used to draft some red headed teen twins from Sweden in 1999??

Archived