The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Canadian game prices officially going up

Looks like digital downloading will be the way to go

They will probably be the same price, if not then EB Games is dead within 5 years.

I hope somebody like Amazon keeps it at $60 and kills off these other retailers who are raising it to $65, not sure if they had the choice to raise it or not.

Edit: From what I have read it is "because of the weak Canadian dollar"

Digital has been the way to go for awhile now. They haven't raised the price for that and it's been the same for awhile. Digital only sucks if you plan to sell the game (But if you don't sell it within like a week you get robbed anyway), or if something happens to your system somehow. But it's not like you'd be able to play if your system in question messed up anyway.

Doesn't surprise me at all they're trying to slam more taxes on games. The gaming market in general is the most lucrative and poor economy resisting market out there currently more or less.

Funny thing is $65 is pretty damn good.

I pay between $89-$100 for a new game in Australia, now that's ridiculous.

Your adult minimum wage is $16.88. Just under 6 hours to buy a $99.99 game... Minimum wage in B.C. is $10.25, which is just over 7 hours to buy a $72.79 game after taxes. Just because your numbers look bigger doesn't mean they really are.

Digital prices will go up for Online Canadian stores all the same. They're not going to keep a disparity between the two. If the US follows suit, it's pretty much guaranteed the prices on all markets, retail or digital, will be at $65.

Archived