28 replies to this topic

#1 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

There was someone on here months ago who said the Sedins would have a big fall off from their prior year point totals as they were getting up there in age.

They were flamed and ridiculed but at this point, I'd have to say he/she is correct.

I love the Sedins and would take them on my team any day of the week, but it does look like they are on pace for a sub par season (points wise). It's not to say next year won't be different, but who knows.

#2 dragon4401

dragon4401

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

More defensive play then ever before in their careers also...Don't be one of those bline people that only see points and not the whole game

#3 CanuckBoss

CanuckBoss

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

goof
hank is hurt,
they been playing with plugs majority of the season
finally burrows back and there 2 3 shifts they had against calgary looked pretty dynamite to me
plus burrows not even 100 percent

#4 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

POPULAR

Stevie Y's points went way down after he decided it was more important to win Stanley Cups than it was to score goals.
Posted Image

#5 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I agree, they haven't even dominated a shift in who knows how long. They should have only been signed for 1 or 2 years at that much money. Every team can shut down their cycle game now.

They can't even get it done on the powerplay anymore.

Their defensive game has improved but we have more then enough defensive players on this team.

I just hope when Hank is healthy and Burrows starts scoring they return to form, but I see them as 60-70 point scorers now, unless they get a legit sniper.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Stevie Y's points went way down after he decided it was more important to win Stanley Cups than it was to score goals.

Nobody argued this at the beginning of the season. They just all mocked him for being an idiot and pointed out the Sedins were good for 1+ points per game.

Someone find the thread or at least admit that guy was right.

#7 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

glad someone posted this

Germany-2014-World-Cup-Final-Champions-W

#8 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Nobody argued this at the beginning of the season. They just all mocked him for being an idiot and pointed out the Sedins were good for 1+ points per game.

Who says he was right? You say he predicted that their points would drop off because off age. Maybe it's really because they are playing under a different system.
Posted Image

#9 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Their offense isn't struggling because they are focusing on D or any other aspects. They just aren't playing good. Poor passing, poor shooting, weak on the puck. Most of all, they are slowwwwwww, slow to loose pucks, slow on the rush, slow to make decisions. Slow slow slow.

They don't look at all like they used too. Even Hank earlier in the season was a completely different player. There's no creativity, no real scoring threat in their cycle. Just overall bland.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 21 January 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#10 Sedins23

Sedins23

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

The sedins are my favorite players so whenever they hit the ice I pay special attention to them.

You know what I see... they aren't playing any different defensively but other teams are. They can't stay in the slot anymore which was the bread and butter for burrows and the sedins.

I am sorry but you seem to be assuming when star players point totals go down they must be playing defense which isn't the case for the sedins.

When Daniel misses that empty net I doubt it's cause he wants to win a cup.

Edited by Sedins23, 21 January 2014 - 10:39 PM.

I am never going to spend another second watching sports ever again here's why.

What are the canucks called? They are called Canucks Sports and Entertainment. Ever wondered what Sports and entertainment means? Here's the defination: Sports entertainment is a type of spectacle which presents an ostensibly competitive event using a high level of theatrical flourish and extravagant presentation, with the purpose of entertaining an audience. Unlike typical athletics and games, which are conducted for competition, sportsmanship, exercise or personal recreation, the primary product of sports entertainment is performance for an audience's benefit, thus they are never practiced privately. Commonly, the outcomes are predetermined; as this is an open secret, it is not considered to be match fixing.

#11 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Even though you're getting flamed by everyone right now, there's no denying they just can't get their setups and cycle going as well as they used to. I do miss seeing them make insane passes and making fools of the other team's defence every game. I'm just hoping they get back to that when everyone is 100% and they're reunited with Burrows.

sig by Malkin71

#12 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

I am sorry but you seem to be assuming when star players point totals go down they must be playing defense which isn't the case for the sedins.

That wasn't my point.

My point was that just because their point totals are down doesn't necessarily mean it's due to their age. Age may be a factor. The system might be a factor. The tougher division might be a factor. So many things might be a factor.

The OP made a blanket statement. I just used Stevie Y as one example to poke a hole in that statement.
Posted Image

#13 TheRussianRocket™

TheRussianRocket™

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

fD9sila.jpg
^^Salter^^

#14 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

Let's see....

Their regular winger for several years has missed most of the season.

+

Henrik has been playing hurt for some time now.

+

A revolving door on Burrows replacement

= ?

I don't think they've significantly declined. They're just having a tough year. It happens to the best. Ask Ovechkin.
Posted Image

#15 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

Since you're resurrecting this idea, the onus is on you to find this post.

#16 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

Ya sure. Expect 2nd line numbers - but players like toews have always had those numbers.

Not a big desl

#17 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

Guys there's almost no question vcrguy wrote the post he's talking about.....that's the kind of person he is

Stop feeding him
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#18 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

I agree, they haven't even dominated a shift in who knows how long. They should have only been signed for 1 or 2 years at that much money. Every team can shut down their cycle game now.

They can't even get it done on the powerplay anymore.

Their defensive game has improved but we have more then enough defensive players on this team.

I just hope when Hank is healthy and Burrows starts scoring they return to form, but I see them as 60-70 point scorers now, unless they get a legit sniper.

I dont know what games you have been watching but I distinctly remember a few shifts this year similar to that epic one against edmonton a few years ago. Henrik has been playing hurt for a while, Burrows has been out for a while. Of course they arent going to be as productive.

No videos in sig please. 

#19 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

you got mocked for being an idiot because you make way too many idiotic attention seeking threads

#20 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

ya i will get right on that

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#21 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Defence wins championships.
Well it does, except for when the best defence is a good offence.

#22 LionofJudah

LionofJudah

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Their offense isn't struggling because they are focusing on D or any other aspects. They just aren't playing good. Poor passing, poor shooting, weak on the puck. Most of all, they are slowwwwwww, slow to loose pucks, slow on the rush, slow to make decisions. Slow slow slow.

They don't look at all like they used too. Even Hank earlier in the season was a completely different player. There's no creativity, no real scoring threat in their cycle. Just overall bland.

Going out on a limb here, but maybe he was injured?
Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, yonkontê. Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, kiye. Ni kêra môgô.
Sabali - that's patience.

#23 Bobsanchez

Bobsanchez

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm going to play Switzerland here and say everyone has a point and all of the above (injuries, no burrows, rotating cast of wingers, more defense responsibility, other teams adapting to their style and more focused on taking away space/passing lanes) are contributing to their lowered production this year. I'll also throw in our lack of a real second line (Hansen, Higgins, Santorelli aren't true 2nd liners IMO) who can help supplement scoring and spread out the opposing defense

For the Sedins, they need to do more to evolve their offensive game because the book is out on them at the NHL level (I think Henrik recently said in an interview that teams are collapsing to the corners to take away his space to create and forcing them to the point)...I do however expect them to dominate in the Olympics on the big ice and where there is less of that gonnery/clutching crap

#24 BlueLemming

BlueLemming

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

They both have about 40 points in 50 games... which is still not bad. They just aren't the top of the league any more. 1 mediocre half season points-wise doesn't mean they're done.

Given the teams overall struggles, the rotating winger, and now Henrik playing through various injuries for who knows how long, this is kind of expected. Coaches have also found out the way you beat the Sedins is by playing physical, not chasing the puck. That's something that didn't happen often when they were in their prime and now every coach knows what to do when playing them.

#25 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

The sedins are my favorite players so whenever they hit the ice I pay special attention to them.

You know what I see... they aren't playing any different defensively but other teams are. They can't stay in the slot anymore which was the bread and butter for burrows and the sedins.

When Daniel misses that empty net I doubt it's cause he wants to win a cup.

Do you watch canucks at all?
Sedins are now on penalty kill which to my hockey knowledge is "defensive"
Penalty kill is #2 in league so they are also doing a damn good job.

Please stop posting garbage and go apply at the province.
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#26 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

They're taking on a larger roll, under AV the majority of their faceoffs were in the offensive zone

under Torts, they're on the PK, taking key faceoffs in their own zone and blocking shots.

#27 Lasqueti Larionov

Lasqueti Larionov

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Henrik can not get points if no one can put the puck in the net. He is certainly a play maker and not a goal scorer. Daniel has definitely struggled converting chances as all Canucks have. Burrows has zero goals in 19 games played. All season we have watched squandered chances by all players, Henrik included. When these chances start going in, Henrik's points will come.

#28 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Again people, VCRGUY is a very obvious troll. The thread he or she is talking about, they made. The points made in it were beyond ludicrous and if I recall he or she was given a warning about the defense of such stupidity

Stop feeding this thread, he or she wants his thread bumped so they can puff their chest out and feel good about life living in their parents basement.

Stop feeding the troll
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#29 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

The Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.