The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spices

CatsPajamas

Use a lot of cumin - love it. I mostly use fresh herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme). They're so easy to grow, so have them on my deck.

I also use a lot of cilantro in dishes for an extra kick of freshness.

Made spaghetti & meatballs last night and the meatballs had: s/p, cumin, oregano, dried rosemary, basil, parsley, cilantro, garlic, onion, peppers, egg, breadcrumbs, worcerstershire.

I mostly use herbs and tons of garlic. Lots of lemon, lime and olive oil too.

My pasta sauce consists of:

3 parts Olive Oil, 1 part butter

3 cloves of garlic

3 tablespoons of a basil pesto sauce

oregano, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, pepper

allow to simmer and melt handful of shredded mozzarella in sauce.

best served with chicken marinated in garlic and red pepper flakes

linguine noodles

finish with parsley and serve

your welcome (except for your breath)

I am partial to Baby Spice and Halliwell myself, they've aged very well while Posh looks like skeletor with fake bewbs and the same generic pose that makes her look like an arthritic with hip problems.

But if we are talking about cooking spices, I recently made a turkey soup with lemon grass and dill weed which was quite spectacular

I generally try to have one of everything in the spice cabinet (rack wouldn't be enough) and end with all kinds of mixes depending on what it is.

For beef main spice is always pepper. (For a steak or roast coat in pepper garlic and some "steak spice" or whatever you find).

For pork main spice is always salt (for BBQ pork chops it's typically brown sugar melted into soy sauce aka liquid salt).

Of course, there's all kinds of things you can do if it's a pork or beef dish like fajitas or what not remember the magic combo for all things spicy is that sweet and spicy go together awesome.

If I make a curry or hot sauce I tend to try to make it with the base ingredients like cumin or whatever.

Curry is overdone. Everything is curry now. Meh.

Guess you have never had good curry. My friends mom really knows how to make any food whether it's italian, mexian, chinese or indian. And she makes such good butter chicken I would pay for it; it's even better than some of the restaurants.

Too bad samosa garden on kingsway moved that place had the best butter chicken in bc.

Archived