The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You know you're an old school Canuck fan when

selkirkcraig

Peplinski took the shot, but it was Joel Otto that kicked it in.

http://blogs.theprov...in-nhl-history/

I think they introduced video replay the very next season.

After winning the Cup that year, Calgary didn't win another playoff series until 2004.

My first taste of Canuck heart break! I remember the Canucks from a couple seasons before '89, but that was the defining season for me. Those guys battled a better Flames team to the very end.

And really is still my favourite rivalry. Canucks and Flames. We had our revenge in '94, but the Flames struck back in '04. 3 Series, all of them decided in a Game 7 Overtime, with the road team winning 2 of 3. Winner going on to the finals all 3 times. We're overdue for another!

-You remember that there was a second Greg Adams (not the Adams we had in the big 94 run)

-You were upset when Jimmy The HOUSE Sandlak was traded and excited when he got a second stint with the team

-You know the name of the guy that ran the video machine when Howie Meeker showed highlights (Roll er Brian!)

-You remember when Harold Snepts broke his 3 year goal drought vs Montreal

-You remember when King Richard took a shot off of his ear and was never the same since

and Finally:

- In light of watching the team lose for the better part of 3 decades you appreciate the Cancucks' teams of the past 10 years and know that having a top tier team is truly a blessing and not a given right.

Does anybody else remember that game against the flames in 92 ( I think it was one of those 6 BCTV broadcasts per year)? They had been beating up on us for years and we absolutely pasted them 11-0. I distinctly remember Lumme scoring an incredible ankle deke- toe dragger in the third period. Good times

I remember Gerald Diduck fighting a guy named Paul Kruse in that game. I think that game was the start of the end of Calgary dominance over Vancouver...

-You remember that there was a second Greg Adams (not the Adams we had in the big 94 run)

-You were upset when Jimmy The HOUSE Sandlak was traded and excited when he got a second stint with the team

-You know the name of the guy that ran the video machine when Howie Meeker showed highlights (Roll er Brian!)

-You remember when Harold Snepts broke his 3 year goal drought vs Montreal

-You remember when King Richard took a shot off of his ear and was never the same since

and Finally:

- In light of watching the team lose for the better part of 3 decades you appreciate the Cancucks' teams of the past 10 years and know that having a top tier team is truly a blessing and not a given right.

And when they FINALLY beat Montreal!!

When you remember being in the same division as Boston.

In my old room at my parent's house, there is a light cover on the ceiling that has the logos of the Canucks, Sabres, Bruins and Canadiens. For many years before the internet I wondered why the heck those 4 teams were together. It seemed rather random until I looked into it.

Archived