The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LMAO

So final update

I called her and broke up with her two days ago. Told her how it was best we would start to see other people and that I was going on a date with someone else. Which I did last night. I told her that the way she was treating our situation the past couple weeks was very poor and that even though we were not together physically, it is not an excuse to not be there emotionally either and ignore me. She was upset.

The next day she sent me a message saying how she just received the gifts and how she knows she treated me badly and that she wants to see how we do in the summer and that she is sure the spark would come back. And she made more typical excuses.

I found out from her friend that she had told her that she had feelings for another boy but wasn't sure if she loved him. So I just replied back telling her that I knew that she was started to get feelings for another boy. And that she had replaced my friendship with his and that if she considered him even a bit attractive she would leave me for him. She also hid our relationship status on fb a couple weeks ago. So there was some mean intent there too. I told her I am not a second option and that it's best she doesn't try to contact me. She replied back right away very stubborn and said some things in spite. But I was her first boyfriend so of course that's expected. She had been avoiding confrontation and she couldn't hide behind her texts forever. Her cousin sent me a facebook message telling me I am an asshole and how if I wanted her back I shouldn't treat her that way! But this is always the case in a breakup.

My dad is a psychologist and told me that I had dodged a bullet with this girl. He says that she is unsure what she wants but she had no reason to lead you on and in German they say "warm halten", to keep a boy warm. Meaning, if she didn't find a better option by the summer. She would want to come back.

Her best friend told me after I broke up with her that she was on my side and my ex had no reason to be like this and was acting way too immature. To hear these comments from my friends and family made me feel like I made the right decision and so I won't be sucked back into trying to make it work with her again.

Everyone wants to go against the nay sayers in a long distance relationship and tell everyone "We will be that couple that makes it work! No matter what!"

Whilst in reality, it doesn't. From my past relationships I learned that a heart never breaks even and that I should of never trusted a girl who had never had experience in a relationship. I hope she learns one day that I ended it because it wouldn't of worked out. We made a picture perfect couple but it doesn't matter. Once that picture starts to shred. You can't pick up the pieces to make a collage from it. I feel as though I'm saving both of us a world of hurt in the future.

Also it feels great to be back in the dating game. Cheers CDC!

So final update

I called her and broke up with her two days ago. Told her how it was best we would start to see other people and that I was going on a date with someone else. Which I did last night. I told her that the way she was treating our situation the past couple weeks was very poor and that even though we were not together physically, it is not an excuse to not be there emotionally either and ignore me. She was upset.

The next day she sent me a message saying how she just received the gifts and how she knows she treated me badly and that she wants to see how we do in the summer and that she is sure the spark would come back. And she made more typical excuses.

I found out from her friend that she had told her that she had feelings for another boy but wasn't sure if she loved him. So I just replied back telling her that I knew that she was started to get feelings for another boy. And that she had replaced my friendship with his and that if she considered him even a bit attractive she would leave me for him. She also hid our relationship status on fb a couple weeks ago. So there was some mean intent there too. I told her I am not a second option and that it's best she doesn't try to contact me. She replied back right away very stubborn and said some things in spite. But I was her first boyfriend so of course that's expected. She had been avoiding confrontation and she couldn't hide behind her texts forever. Her cousin sent me a facebook message telling me I am an asshole and how if I wanted her back I shouldn't treat her that way! But this is always the case in a breakup.

My dad is a psychologist and told me that I had dodged a bullet with this girl. He says that she is unsure what she wants but she had no reason to lead you on and in German they say "warm halten", to keep a boy warm. Meaning, if she didn't find a better option by the summer. She would want to come back.

Her best friend told me after I broke up with her that she was on my side and my ex had no reason to be like this and was acting way too immature. To hear these comments from my friends and family made me feel like I made the right decision and so I won't be sucked back into trying to make it work with her again.

Everyone wants to go against the nay sayers in a long distance relationship and tell everyone "We will be that couple that makes it work! No matter what!"

Whilst in reality, it doesn't. From my past relationships I learned that a heart never breaks even and that I should of never trusted a girl who had never had experience in a relationship. I hope she learns one day that I ended it because it wouldn't of worked out. We made a picture perfect couple but it doesn't matter. Once that picture starts to shred. You can't pick up the pieces to make a collage from it. I feel as though I'm saving both of us a world of hurt in the future.

Good for you. You finally realized things from an objective standpoint, and you finally stuck up for yourself. Her and her cousin sound so immature beyond belief; they aren't people who are worth your time.

Glad you're already dating again... Wish I had that kind of turn-around!

So final update

good job and good luck :towel:

Archived