The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sportsnet's Hockey Cenral: Should the Canucks consider moving Bo Horvat

Southpop45

http://www.sportsnet...move-bo-horvat/

really caught my eye to see this video, here the run down:

1. canucks need serious help scoring, need a primary scorer not a secondary one

2. andrew ladd was used as a good fit for the canucks

3. the asking price the panel thought would start at would be Bo Horvat

4. Kyper said the would cost more Bo Horvat++ to get a first line guy like ladd

NOTES:

1.Kyper admitted Horvat is "sexy top prospect" but you dont what hell be

2.Lawton claimed that the Sedin extension means that Van should do whatever it takes to win now, he went on with this point Bo Horvat will never win a cup with a team lead by the Sedins (guessing he was referring to development time and how much the Sedins have left in the tank)

3.The panel ended by stating that this is a tough decision but you need to give value to get value

what do you guys think?

P.S. i sorry for the spelling mistakes in the title i was typing fast

The first piece the Canucks need to look at moving is Edler before the rest of the league realizes how awful he is in his own zone.

Don't you think someone would have traded for him when he was available before his NTC kicked in if he was really worth what people think? Gillis was probably trying to get a top 6 forward for him and no team would bite yet people think we can get Semin straight up for him LOL

San Jose never went all-in. Instead, they drafted well and let guys like Couture and Vlasic grow into top-tier players. I think they have more depth at this point and they're getting a lot of mileage out of Joe, Marleau and Boyle, but the Canucks should let their prospects pan out and make an impact while the Sedins are still first-line players.

I think some of my brain cells died watching that video. These idiots have no idea what they are talking about. It would be like me going on National TV and talking about what some random tier 2 Slovkian league team should do,

Does Brian Lawton not understand this team had scoring problems before we fired AV.

Does Nick Kypreos not understand the Sedin contracts mean we want to keep our franchise players, not that we are going to necessarily mortgage the future every year & go balls to the wall for a cup.

Sportsnet is terrible, our mainstream hockey media coverage in Canada is terrible.

I think some of my brain cells died watching that video. These idiots have no idea what they are talking about. It would be like me going on National TV and talking about what some random tier 2 Slovkian league team should do,

Does Brian Lawton not understand this team had scoring problems before we fired AV.

Does Nick Kypreos not understand the Sedin contracts mean we want to keep our franchise players, not that we are going to necessarily mortgage the future every year & go balls to the wall for a cup.

Sportsnet is terrible, our mainstream hockey media coverage in Canada is terrible.

It's just Snet and CBC. TSN would have worked out, but we'll wait until the Snet exclusivity deal starts backfiring.

Archived