The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sportsnet's Hockey Cenral: Should the Canucks consider moving Bo Horvat

Southpop45

Now we know why brian lawton is no longer a gm in the league. Its stupid decisions like that, that cause a gm their job. Why trade horvat, no, we need to keep as much of our prospects as possible. As for ladd, no, wouldn't take him, just another 3rd liner. As for kypreos, he's an idiot, you want to see the effects of fighting, everytime he opens his mouth.

Van's issue is not the Twins. They are transitioning towards 2nd line and eventually 3rd line rolls on this club. IMO the big issue is the perception that Kesler can fill a 1C spot in the NHL. He has not

shown that he can. I suspect he could be trade material. It is not often that I see Kesler make his linemates better hockey players. Kassian on the otherhand is showing flashes of doing just that. He could become the anchor of a top 6 line.

Trading Horvat in another desperate attempt at playoffs with a roster that is not CUP worthy is more

than short sighted.

i think you look at different ways to improve first, but if MG gets a very good player offered to him that is young and he feels helps our team, he has to take it into serious consideration. But from what he has said, it sounds like MG wants to bring Horvat up and groom him to be a top 6 center and take over once the sedins new deal is up.

But that being said he still needs to make some moves to try and compete and have a shot at winning during the Sedins window. If I was him I would quietly allow teams to know that he would be willing to move edler, same way he did with hodgson. See if any offers intrigue him and then do what he said he wouldnt do. Approach Edler and say ''We have a lot of teams that would like you, this benefits both parties, are you willing to waive to go the X team"

If he chooses not to do that, then I feel GM MG isnt doing his job as a NHL Gm, and he should be under serious review and on the hot seat, 3 years of still needing a quality top 6 scoring forward, and the best he has done is bring in the injured and now healthy scratched Booth. Over 3 years, thats just not enough from a so called top regular season team, that has failed the past 2 years miserabely in the playoffs

I actually think that their main anaylisis is correct.

What is this team?

Are they truely a player or two away from competing with LA, SJ, Ana, Chi?

Im with Kipper on this one, Im really not so sure that an addition or two will put this team over the top.

HOwever, if Andrew Ladd is an available peice, he's still just 27 years old and is signed through 15/16 with a very respectable 4.5 cap hit. Im not a fan at all of moving Bo Horvat, but if you do, I think that this is the kind of player that you move him for.

Picking up a team leader in their prime to play with Ryan Kesler... I wouldnt call him a 30 goal scorer or 70 point player, as he's never accomplished that feat (u dumb ars anylists), but 6'3" BC naitive will hit, shoot, play PP, and be a leader for years to come. He and Kassian on the wings will cause havok for other teams defences on the forecheck

I guess with the twins and kesler signed, you have to ascess if you think that a combo of either Gaunce, Fox, or Cassels can step into a 2 way 3rd line C role at the NHL level. IF that answer is yes, then maybe this is a move that helps over the short and long term. I also think theyd like to see where Jordan Schroeder is at. If they believe that theyre deep enough at center, this might be a move they entertain... And Id look at it this way. Would you have traded Schnieder for Ladd?

Hate to say it, but Id make this trade.

to contradict myself, If adding offence is truely whats missing, Id take on Moulson at a cheaper price and then attempt to re-sign the guy. Hes had much more success than Ladd at filling the net, however the addition of Ladds physical presence is something that shouldnt be overlooked.

either of these moves would bump Higgins down to the spot he belongs with Hansen and Richardson/Schreoder/Santorelli.

I do really believe that Bo Horvat will be a really solid NHLer... Is he someone thatll lead his team to a championship? Did he show off those attributes at the WJHCs?

I still have worries about his offensive game at the next levels. its an interesting debate to say the least.

http://www.sportsnet...move-bo-horvat/

really caught my eye to see this video, here the run down:

1. canucks need serious help scoring, need a primary scorer not a secondary one

2. andrew ladd was used as a good fit for the canucks

3. the asking price the panel thought would start at would be Bo Horvat

4. Kyper said the would cost more Bo Horvat++ to get a first line guy like ladd

NOTES:

1.Kyper admitted Horvat is "sexy top prospect" but you dont what hell be

2.Lawton claimed that the Sedin extension means that Van should do whatever it takes to win now, he went on with this point Bo Horvat will never win a cup with a team lead by the Sedins (guessing he was referring to development time and how much the Sedins have left in the tank)

3.The panel ended by stating that this is a tough decision but you need to give value to get value

what do you guys think?

P.S. i sorry for the spelling mistakes in the title i was typing fast

No way we are trading Horvat and I wouldn't add ++ to Horvat just to get Ladd. I'd trade Shinkaurak for Ladd but not Horvat. Plus we still have Edler to dangle so we shouldn't be trading any prospects while there are some roster players that could be traded.

I'd consider it. Trading him for someone like Ladd, Ray Whitney, Heatley or Hemsky could really boost our GF.

Are you nuts??? 50 year old Ray Whitney? injury prone Hemsky? the enigmatic Heatley? Andrew "scrubb"Ladd? NO JUST NOOOO!!!

Horvat will become a great player and giving him up will be stupid.

I agree. The Sedin signing does put some urgency on winning now. However, looking at what we d be giving up; I d much rather put a package together for Kane. The difference in production is minimal. But Kane would also give us a start to a rebuild when the Sedins do retire. I Know the price would be steep, but it seems the two teams do have mutul needs that could be filled by the other. I do have an idea, but that s for another forum.

Archived