The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) Why not put Booth on waivers?

86Viking

We dont play him, we keep sitting him. Why doesnt MG TERMINATE his contract or toss him on waivers? Doubt anyone claims him with another year left, but never say never

Is MG worried to loose him? He is just tying up alot of money, we did it with ballard for a long time and now same with booth, to me thats horrible cap management.

They should pull a gomez or redden and tell the league they arent going to play booth for the rest of the year. The owners need to suck it up if they have to buy him out. They charge enough for merchandise and game tickets they wont go hungry at the dinner table the next evening.

I think its such a damn waste of 4.25m, If we could get rid of that we could have some good flexibility at this deadline, where most top teams are close to the cap

Dont wanna play him, get rid of him, the experiment was a bust, its been over 2 years time for MG to do something to help our top 6 isnt it??? Or is a GM allowed to just watch mediocore scoring for years continue to dry up when it counts most

The NHL is bush league. They make up stuff as they go along. If Booth was sent home for the rest of the season, the NHLPA/NHL would probably allow him to be bought out right now so that he could sign somewhere else just like they did with Gomez.

more than halfway through the year? no team would sign him anyway.

Booth can still pot you 20 goals in a season and his plus minus is good so why lose him without a viable plan to replace him. I would like to see Booth be a bit more physical but the same can be said for a number of players on the team. You would be farther ahead to trade him for a pick or prospect if it is decided to move him. Otherwise, it will be a compliance buyout in the offseason. There are far less productive players on this team to worry about right now.

I don't see why they don't just play him. He hasn't been scoring but he's not playing terrible anymore. Better off trying to get the best booth you can by playoffs than seeing if weber or someone can convert to a winger.

Yeah and then he'll end up getting hurt again and ruin our chance of buying him out in the offseason.

Booth is a wasted spot on the bench.He will be back when Henrik is back and Lain(a center) will sit.

I can not wait for the Canucks to get this guy off the payroll but waivers won't do it.Trade will not work unless Canucks retain salary.

Booth cannot be bought out until the off season so waive him to Utica. I doubt anyone takes a flyer on

him. I suspect MG has made offers to other clubs which would retain part of his cost in Vancouver. Still no takers. Waive him and see if the AHL makes a dif. I doubt it.

Recall does not require waivers anymore. After every sit down Booth has had he comes

back and plays a few decent games and then slides. With his history of injury it is a leap of faith/desperation on Van's part that they risk long term injury by continuing

to bring him back.

I rather that young prospects are brought up to get some NHL ice time than keep

dressing Booth. No way he is in Van's long term plans. He peaked a long time ago and

will not recover.

In what alternative universe are you living in? :lol:

Get him healthy (physically and mentally) and he will be an effective player. We saw the re-emergence of Ryan Kesler when he (more or less) recovered. Booth got injured multiple times this season. If the team keeps him and he focuses all of his time on rehab and not getting injured again, he will be in a position to surprise. Pleasantly.

Archived