The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jets Hot since Coaching Change. 9-2-0

Originally posted when 6-1-0

How 'bout them Jets eh!

Since Paul Maurice took over behind the bench with Noel's firing the Winnipeg Jets are on fire.

Scoring lots of goals - 24 in 7 while shutout once - and playing streak-breaker against top teams.

9-2-0

PHX (1) - WPG (5)

WPG (5) - CGY (2)

EDM (2) - WPG (3) OT

WPG (3) - ANA (2) ------- Ducks first Reg Loss at home all season

WPG (0) - SJS (1)

TOR (4) - WPG (5) OT

WPG (3) - CHI (1) ------- chicago First loss when scoring first and when leading after 2

NSH (4) - WPG (3)

VAN (3) - WPG (4)

WPG (2) - MTL (1)

WPG (2) - CAR (1)

Nobody can say they're playing weak teams, that's for sure!

They're having fun & playing exciting hockey!

The Jets have always had the talent, they just needed to find the motivation and direction.

Wheeler, Kane, Little, Byfuglien, and Frolik have all been solid up from. The emergence of Trouba has been a big plus as well. The only major disappointment had been Setigouchi, he's been a big time bust. If Chevy has a chance to dump Seto he should.

Most of this talent is locked up too, the only question mark is Frolik. I'd expect him to get $3.5 to $4 million per season for 3-4 years.

Thing with Jets is, they have plenty of talent but couldn't utilize it properly and put it altogether. With the emergence of the new coach, seems the players are clicking and the bad thing for opposing teams is, it's hard to dictate/predict how they'll play.

They're pretty unpredictable with a new coach, new system, so their tendencies aren't currently known so the hot start doesn't come to surprise. Talent was always there and it's finally being put to use.

Pavelec has looked solid too, something which couldn't be said for the last, well, forever. Will be interesting to see if he can keep up this level of performance.

In order for the Jets to have long term success Pavs needs to be better. Under Maurice the teams defense should improve, which will help their goaltending.

Talent had not been an issue in Winnipeg. It's been about motivation and focus, they seem to have both in order right now.

Paul Maurice is the shizz, dude won a cup in freakin Carolina. Always liked him on the TSN panel, he knows his stuff and how to properly explain it to the masses.

He never won a Stanley Cup, Carolina Lost in the 2001–02 Stanley Cup Finals. It was Peter Laviolette who won the cup with them in 2005-2006.

Paul Maurice is the shizz, dude won a cup in freakin Carolina. Always liked him on the TSN panel, he knows his stuff and how to properly explain it to the masses.

:sadno:

He took them to the finals.

And had 8 or 10 years of scraping along...

Not saying it was poor coaching. But his teams career performances made the play off's 4 times, missed 9!

May B

Sounds like a girl at the bar! :bigblush: (not insuating anything BTW)

I grew up a Jets fan. Grew up on Hedberg and Nilsson, Daly, Bobby Hull. He had a farm up the road from us. Ducky Dale, Thomas Steen... I did move back home to Vancouver. Gave up on the Jets when Selanne signed a sweetheart cheap deal to try and make it easy on the team, perhaps keep it solvent. Then they dumped him to sign pouting baby Kieth Tkachuk to big bucks. It was the sign of the end, as the taxpayer ended up paying Kieth's salary, and withdrew support for the team.

And Linden was coming on here... :towel:

Sounds like a girl at the bar! :bigblush: (not insuating anything BTW)

I grew up a Jets fan. Grew up on Hedberg and Nilsson, Daly, Bobby Hull. He had a farm up the road from us. Ducky Dale, Thomas Steen... I did move back home to Vancouver. Gave up on the Jets when Selanne signed a sweetheart cheap deal to try and make it easy on the team, perhaps keep it solvent. Then they dumped him to sign pouting baby Kieth Tkachuk to big bucks. It was the sign of the end, as the taxpayer ended up paying Kieth's salary, and withdrew support for the team.

And Linden was coming on here... :towel:

Selanne is my favorite player of all time.

Loved Hawerchuk, Steen, Lukowich, Housley, Babych, Zhamnov...

I gave up on them when they moved to a fkucking desert.

Born there but went to high school here, so have had dual loyalties for quite some time but haven't quite fully regained that love for the Jets yet. The Yotes should have gone back to Winnipeg and the Thrashers.... (wherever - how about Saskatchewan).

Archived