The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jets Hot since Coaching Change. 9-2-0

9-2-0

Chris Thorburn netted one with 1:03 to go in the game for the 2-1 game winner vs the Hurricanes.

Ondrej Pavelec made 28 saves for the Jets

Ladd got the pegs first goal. has seven points in his last six games

The Hurricanes went 10-4-0 in January and had won five of six.

the Jets lead the NHL with nine players with 10 or more goals — Blake Wheeler (22), Bryan Little (17), Evander Kane (15), Olli Jokinen (13), Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Michael Frolik (12), Mark Scheifele (11) and Devin Setoguchi (10).

GO JETS :)

He never won a Stanley Cup, Carolina Lost in the 2001–02 Stanley Cup Finals. It was Peter Laviolette who won the cup with them in 2005-2006.

My bad, my failure to bone up on Carolina's playoff history has now made me look like a fool. Now if you excuse me I got some intense boning to do.

Hopefully they can keep it up. I've always said that the Jets are a team built for playoff hockey with some of the players they have (Ladd, Wheeler, Kane, Byfuglien). Sandpaper who can also put the puck in the net. Scheifele is also having a terrific rookie season, as is Trouba.

Do I think they are a Stanley Cup team right now? No. If they continue this run towards the post-season, it will be very interesting to see what Cheveldayoff adds by the deadline, though. Chevy has been very, very conservative when it comes to making trades with the Jets, which has been good. This may be the first year, however, where he might have pressure to make his team better for a playoff run. If that's the case, it will be intersting to see what he is willing to part with in order to make some noise.

Archived