The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

daniel and henrik has been the franchise players the past years, and just because they're not producing as much as before, they're suddenly trash and deserve no respect from the fans?? kesler had really been inconsistent for the last 2 season, and quite disappointing so far, yet noone says anything. People here just look at the 7 mil contract the twins just signed and expect them to continue carrying the team while others key players get a pass.

besides burrows, who imo, a 3rd liner to borderline 2nd liner at best, somehow developed chemistry with them, which legit top 6 player have ever been provided them with? sure they make up 2/3 of a line, but thats exactly it, 2/3 they're not the WHOLE line....they still need another player to play with.

IMO, i'm more worried about kesler, he was supposed to be that first line center to take up after henrik to start the transition, but he has been invisible, and hardly noticable at best. The past few years, since sundin and demitra, he has not developed real chemistry with anyone, he had a rotating door of linemates, and every season, we blame them for not being the RIGHT players kesler NEEDS.....so earlier this season, we finally saw kesler with the twins...and first he was hot, but then he disappeared....if even the twins can't seem to get kesler going, WHO are these so called "RIGHT linemates" that kesler so needs? ppl here also said kesler does the right things besides scoring, like shutting down opposition? but kesler is a minus player so far this season, so there is obviously something wrong there.

I think, maybe we should consider asking kesler to waive his NTC, and trade him for a linemate for the twins, obviously kesler still has lots of trade value, we can easily package him with a few players and get a good player back.

Then there is the defense, we spend so much money our out top4, but yet they are average at best most nights. Its like they all suddenly forget how to play D once they become a Canucks. We have about 3 of the same type of players in our top 4, bieksa/edler/garrison. All "offensive" d that likes to pinch in the offensive zone. IMO, we need to balance out our top 4 with another stay at home defenseman. If we were to trade away one of the 3, I would choose Edler, because bieksa has intangibles that others can't replace (heart & bite, and this is coming from someone that was never really a bieksa fan, but this season, i realized he's an important part of the team), also Edler would look very appealing to teams than bieksa. Unfortunately, I dun think garrison would garner as much of a return as edler.

If we could package up kesler and edler, I think we could get a pretty great return back. But even packaged separately with others, it could still be great for the team.

I also don't think we can afford to have both twins and kesler together when the young ones transition in....Unless kesler can prove that he can carry the team like the twins once had. So far, I don't think he's really carried the team besides that one 2nd round series vs nashville.

PS. Sorry for the super long post, but I was also thinking how we don't see our top players held accountable, and still having them on PP and given top minutes, I am starting to wonder if its not a Coaching choice...but from higher up, imagine say, Aquillini not wanting the top players scratched or benched, most audience, are not as hardcore fans as we are here at CDC, they probably only know a handful of players at best, so it might upset a lot of people if say daniel or kesler is not playing, and in their place are some young kids most that don't follow our prospects have never heard of. At the end, it is a business, and having our top guys out there, no matter the performance, will sell to most fairweather fans.

There's too many cry babies who obviously can't handle watching any game where losing is possibility.

It's 54 games in, the Canucks are still in a playoff spot and these cry babies want blow the team up. Does that sound right to you? It's not even remotely realistic. Over dramatic, hyperbole, sensationalist......

Unfortunately these are the kind of people who tend to scream the loudest and most often. Please quit giving them attention to validate them.

There's too many cry babies who obviously can't handle watching any game where losing is possibility.

It's 54 games in, the Canucks are still in a playoff spot and these cry babies want blow the team up. Does that sound right to you? It's not even remotely realistic. Over dramatic, hyperbole, sensationalist......

Unfortunately these are the kind of people who tend to scream the loudest and most often. Please quit giving them attention to validate them.

You do "righteous" very well.

Archived