The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

Yikes Kesler is PO'ed in post game:

"Stupid plays at stupid times."

"They (Oilers) cheat. They cheat all over the ice. We can't turn pucks over at their blueline"

"We need more from everybody. It's starts with the leadership group. We need everyone to play their A game"

He's pissed off after a lot of games. Then the next game, he disappears.

Edler - paid 5 million to be a 40-50 point defenseman - on pace for 20 points.

Garrison - paid 4.5 million to be a powerplay QB - 3rd worst powerplay in the league

Hamhuis - 4.5 million to be a top shutdown D-man - being outplayed by two undrafted kids

Somethings gotta give. NTC or not, one of these guys have to be asked to waive it for the better of the team. We can't afford to spend this much on D and still give up this many goals. We need offense.

hamuis is actually doing pretty good. atleast he got a shot on net <_<

22 is a career high for Perron, he is not even close to the same level as Kane get serious

Perron has 22 goals

Vermette has 18 goals

Kane has 24 goals

that's all that matters doesn't matter about what skill level and who has done more in the past this season those are the stats and to basically say letting Vermette and Perron score 3 goals is horrible is completely false when you consider their totals

Next game (if Hank's back):

Kesler-Hank-Burrows

Sedin-Schroeder-Higgins

Kassian-Santo-Booth

Tostito-Richardson-Hansen

I would do

Burrows - Sedin - Kassian

Sedin - Kesler - Schroeder

Higgins - Richardson - Hansen

Sestito - Dalpe/Lain - Weise

Booth screwed up at least 4 or 5 plays tonight.

He wasn't no bargain when Hank was in the lineup either.

Granted. But without his brother he doesn't look like a NHL'er. I am confident on the other hand that Henrik would be fine without Daniel.

I actually don't mind henrik's contract going forward as much as I do Daniel's. But that is the problem they come as a package deal.

He's pissed off after a lot of games. Then the next game, he disappears.

Yeah so true. I wish he'd carry that emotion and motivation onto the ice. Kesler used to be able to back up his words with his actions, but the past few seasons he's been all talk.

It doesn't make sense for a player to be that pissed off but to do nothing about it. Either he's just acting pissed but he doesn't really give a crap, or else he's got to carry this emotion better into games.

Perron has 22 goals

Vermette has 18 goals

Kane has 24 goals

that's all that matters doesn't matter about what skill level and who has done more in the past this season those are the stats and to basically say letting Vermette and Perron score 3 goals is horrible is completely false when you consider their totals

no. that isn't all that matters. if they were close to Crosby would you say they're comparable to Crosby?

those are good stats for them and average stats for players like crosby and kane, Kane is 20 points ahead of Perron

Edler - paid 5 million to be a 40-50 point defenseman - on pace for 20 points.

Garrison - paid 4.5 million to be a powerplay QB - 3rd worst powerplay in the league

Hamhuis - 4.5 million to be a top shutdown D-man - being outplayed by two undrafted kids

Somethings gotta give. NTC or not, one of these guys have to be asked to waive it for the better of the team. We can't afford to spend this much on D and still give up this many goals. We need offense.

that's because those guys are the bargain versions of all those things.

you get what you pay for.

Takes more than 1 player to have a great pp

Hamhuis was playing good until Edler and Stanton went down but yes he is still playing like crap despite a healthy defense

Edler in and out due to injuries suspensions and learning a new system tough for him to settle in when he hasn't played the same amount of games as the rest of the defense

Sorry, IMHO, Hamhuis shouldn't be on Team Canada.

Like the rest of the Canucks defense, he is mediocre and inconsistent.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like our guys - I just don't believe they are worth what the owner is paying them.

Which means, if they were paid less, we could afford to pay for someone who can bloody score on a consistent basis.

no. that isn't all that matters. if they were close to Crosby would you say they're comparable to Crosby?

those are good stats for them and average stats for players like crosby and kane, Kane is 20 points ahead of Perron

were not talking about points were talking about goal scoring and how the Canucks shouldn't be giving up 3 goals to those players when in fact it shouldn't surprise you that they scored 3 goals because guess what they can score goals then to say because they did score 3 Kane will score 6 is just asinine

Archived