The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

"We just have to stick through it, be positive." - Burrows

Platitude! Truth is they suck and they know it and their confidence is gone. They know they can't beat anyone in a series and their thoughts are either on the Olympic break or the golf course.

THis group had been together too long and have had too many group hugs and shoulder crying bonding experience to play raw hard hockey.

What is with this team? It has to be one of the worst teams in the league at losing to the most weird teams.

Loss to Nashville.

Calgary brings Nashville to OT next night and wins.

Edmonton beats Nashville 5-1

Vancouver loses to Edmonton :picard: :picard: :picard:

Vancouver loses to Coyotes and then gets a lucky win against them yesterday :picard: :picard:

Loses to the Ducks 9-1

Ducks lose to Winnipeg.. yes you heard me right. WINNIPEG! The bottom feeders!

There is something significantly wrong guys.

Does not compute

just waiting for things to balance out as they say. all these penalties, bad bounces , own goals, missed open nets, posts hit they say this stuff evens out over the 82 game season so i predict that some time between now and the end of the season by my calculations using a very extensive formula using freakishly advanced math we should score approximately 683.25 goals

what do Hockey gods like as a sacrifice ? we need them on our side for the rest of the season.

Don't get me wrong - I still cheer for the team as well - but I'm also a realist - and this team has a bunch of over paid bums.

I feel sorry for Luongo - I wish he was traded - not to help the Canucks but so he had a chance to win a cup in his career on a cup contending team - because I don't see the Canucks winning one this year...not the next year...nor the next one....

He wont be here next year. At age 35 he knows our window has closed but that is only part of it. Just as important is he wants to go where is wifes family is.

just waiting for things to balance out as they say. all these penalties, bad bounces , own goals, missed open nets, posts hit they say this stuff evens out over the 82 game season so i predict that some time between now and the end of the season by my calculations using a very extensive formula using freakishly advanced math we should score approximately 683.25 goals

what do Hockey gods like as a sacrifice ? we need them on our side for the rest of the season.

Sacrifice the midget Schroeder or Burrows. They aren't helping at all right now. Schroeder 4 games played Burrows no goals :picard: :picard:

Sorry, IMHO, Hamhuis shouldn't be on Team Canada.

Like the rest of the Canucks defense, he is mediocre and inconsistent.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like our guys - I just don't believe they are worth what the owner is paying them.

Which means, if they were paid less, we could afford to pay for someone who can bloody score on a consistent basis.

to start the season they were really the only bright spot all 6 of them but lately they have been giving up some brutal chances and easy goals

that's why Hamhuis got picked as a likely 7th/8th d-man because of how good he played to start but since Edler and Stanton went down they have never been able to get on the same page even with all 6 healthy

were not talking about points were talking about goal scoring and how the Canucks shouldn't be giving up 3 goals to those players when in fact it shouldn't surprise you that they scored 3 goals because guess what they can score goals then to say because they did score 3 Kane will score 6 is just asinine

saying Perron and Vermette are comparable to Kane to try and make the fact that we let both those guys score hat-tricks on us in back to back games sounds less terrible is what's asanine.

then again you'll come up with any lame excuse you can as to why the Canucks are still good right now

Edler - paid 5 million to be a 40-50 point defenseman - on pace for 20 points.

Garrison - paid 4.5 million to be a powerplay QB - 3rd worst powerplay in the league

Hamhuis - 4.5 million to be a top shutdown D-man - being outplayed by two undrafted kids

Somethings gotta give. NTC or not, one of these guys have to be asked to waive it for the better of the team. We can't afford to spend this much on D and still give up this many goals. We need offense.

Hamhuis at $4.5 million is fine. He is a solid dman, maybe Tanev who is vastly underrated has been better but that doesn't mean Hamhuis is overpaid.

Garrison I agree has been pretty weak and I 100% agree on Edler.

The bigger issues going forward are Daniel Sedins contract and Burrows contract.

I love Burrows. Throughout his career he has been a overacheiver but he is playing really badly right now and the last contract extension he got almost seemed to reward him for the past. Those are the types of contracts a Gm in todays NHL just can't make.

But even worse might be Daniels contract going forward. He just sucks right now and is now locked up for 4 more years at $7m per. Why couldn't Gillis just wait for this year to play out before re-signing the Sedins?

I don't get it. I can guarantee one thing though, there is now way they would get 4 year contracts at $28million on the open market after this season especially considering you can't sign just one of them.

Two of some of our most important players in Daniel and Burrows are in a funk and it's starting to catch up with us.

I don't think it's a funk I think they are permanently regressing. Best time to trade them is now. Give them with Luongo to Florida for Thomas + prospects + cap dump to even up salary

saying Perron and Vermette are comparable to Kane to try and make the fact that we let both those guys score hat-tricks on us in back to back games sounds less terrible is what's asanine.

then again you'll come up with any lame excuse you can as to why the Canucks are still good right now

yup and you will come up with any excuse to rearrange posts to suit your argument i'm not talking about the Canucks being good right now if you actually read all my posts in here and this is about Perron and Vermette being goal scorers which they are and proved it against the Canucks

Archived