The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] "Down with the Sickness"

Silfverberg Snipes

Apparently it wasn't a Canucks fan who threw the jersey onto the ice.

@VanCanucks17

Im at the game. It was a hawks fan who threw the jersey.

That's good to hear, I'd hate to see fans jumping off the bandwagon after one ugly month. I don't believe we have it in us to contend but I'll die before I throw my jersey anywhere but back in my closet.

ACCEPT IT PEOPLE

We will not be contenders for a few years and need to rebuild and change the face of the team and look forward to the future with our prospects. The earlier people accept it, the better for their health!

I disagree, I think that would be a huge mistake.

Think about it, this team (when healthy and on their game) are very close to being contenders.

The problem is we are missing a few pieces that put us over the edge. We are missing Ehrhoff, Salo, Samuelson, and Torres; all of which played big roles on this team and have not been replaced yet.

We have most of the pieces but holes still need to be filled.

Gillis said how important ELC's are to being a contender and look what he did. Next year we will most likely have Horvat and Shinkaruk on this team, both of which will be effective (Maybe even Guance, Fox, Cassels, etc. aswell). We also have the opportunity to sign 1 or more effective players in the off season.

This year isn't the year, that's what we need to accept. All we can do is hope for the best but we most likely will not go very far unless Gillis pulls off something amazing.

Our new window will be in the next 3, IMO that's what Gillis is aiming for.

If someone told me in late September that Zack Kassian would become a better hockey player than Daniel Sedin by January I would have told him hell was freezing over.

If you told me he would be WAY better than Alex Burrows I would have said the same.

Great for Kass and his future with us. Suck for us now. :sadno:

How about Sestito being more of an offensive threat than Daniel even though Tom only plays 3 minutes pre game.??

Now to pin our hopes on two kids, one of which got cut by WJC team the other help broke the medal streak. The future is so full of facking positivity.

One was seriously injured and showed a lot of heart and passion by even trying to make the team, something we really need on this team. The other played his role almost to perfection but the team just came up short. Terrible argument. Both are going to be great NHLers.

Archived