The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't change a thing!

nitwitt

For the past two years I've been begging for changes as this core group has been declining for a while, but I've just realized that if we stand pat, Don't change a thing a number of really good things will happen. 1. We will move up to probably the 7-9 spot in the draft this year.

2. Don't do a thing in the off season to improve the club, keep rolling this plumber group and we might actually have chance at Mcdavid next year, which would be our first franchise player.

3. The best part yet, those core group players like Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa and the Sedins would be begging to get moved. They would gladly waive there NTC's and we could finally capture assets to rebuild the team.

So it appears the M.G.'s plan was a 10 year plan not 5 year one but I guess we all should have realized this when he signed Luongo to that 14 year deal...

you hear of players that stop playing for their coaches.....is it possible the players have stopped playing for their GM? At this point i just dont know anymore. Either Gillis is the worlds most patient man or he just isnt that fit to be a GM. So many pressing issues that need to be addressed and he has yet to do one thing in atleast a couple years exept hand out longterm no trade contracts and bring in the odd washed up player.

For the past two years I've been begging for changes as this core group has been declining for a while, but I've just realized that if we stand pat, Don't change a thing a number of really good things will happen. 1. We will move up to probably the 7-9 spot in the draft this year.

2. Don't do a thing in the off season to improve the club, keep rolling this plumber group and we might actually have chance at Mcdavid next year, which would be our first franchise player.

3. The best part yet, those core group players like Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa and the Sedins would be begging to get moved. They would gladly waive there NTC's and we could finally capture assets to rebuild the team.

So it appears the M.G.'s plan was a 10 year plan not 5 year one but I guess we all should have realized this when he signed Luongo to that 14 year deal...

^

The name says it all

We dismatled the core after the Stanley Cup loss. What a huge mistake. What you have now is the skeleton of the group and a bunch of guys who never should have been acquired. Less wait time for tickets -- Don't worry mine are available tonight. Offers? !0 year plan sound like the Soviet Union. 10 years to complete disaster. And lots of misery in the meantime.

Why does everyone think Vancouver missing the playoffs will mean a high draft pick? We are currently 11th in the LEAGUE. If we miss, we'd probably end up with the lowest non-playoff pick... I'd rather have 4 playoff games to watch, and who knows, maybe they somehow pull a hockey game out of their ass

I can't believe that so many posters on here think McDavid will be drafted by the Canucks. Even if we did, he would hardly be our "first franchise player".

I'm way more excited about Fox and Gaunce playing on a line together. They don't seem to need McDavid at all.

There's a pretty simple pattern to follow, usernames with Nuck, Nit, Vancity, Linden, Salmon etc. + low post counts and short rants = troll jobs. Your eyes train themselves to pass over their posts quicky.

Stating the truth in a humorous fashion for all the gushing fans softens their shattered reality as this ship sailed two years ago.

Some of us state the obvious and don't care about your fragile ego's -or Eminem fans,for that matter.

Most on the boards are starting to accept the obvious. You and some of the other recalcitrants will eventually succumb to the reality.

Archived