28 replies to this topic

#1 nitwitt

nitwitt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

For the past two years I've been begging for changes as this core group has been declining for a while, but I've just realized that if we stand pat, Don't change a thing a number of really good things will happen. 1. We will move up to probably the 7-9 spot in the draft this year.
2. Don't do a thing in the off season to improve the club, keep rolling this plumber group and we might actually have chance at Mcdavid next year, which would be our first franchise player.
3. The best part yet, those core group players like Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa and the Sedins would be begging to get moved. They would gladly waive there NTC's and we could finally capture assets to rebuild the team.

So it appears the M.G.'s plan was a 10 year plan not 5 year one but I guess we all should have realized this when he signed Luongo to that 14 year deal...

#2 VancityBeast

VancityBeast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Season passes wait time will reduce significantly as well.
Posted Image

#3 nitwitt

nitwitt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

That's another plus

#4 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

thats one way to look at it...
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#5 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

One thing definitely needs to change immediately, Gillis needs to be fired and then the healing can begin.

#6 tortorellatheboss

tortorellatheboss

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

But the price will continue to increase...
Posted Image

#7 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Missing the playoffs is a process.

#8 linden17

linden17

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

you hear of players that stop playing for their coaches.....is it possible the players have stopped playing for their GM? At this point i just dont know anymore. Either Gillis is the worlds most patient man or he just isnt that fit to be a GM. So many pressing issues that need to be addressed and he has yet to do one thing in atleast a couple years exept hand out longterm no trade contracts and bring in the odd washed up player.

#9 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

For the past two years I've been begging for changes as this core group has been declining for a while, but I've just realized that if we stand pat, Don't change a thing a number of really good things will happen. 1. We will move up to probably the 7-9 spot in the draft this year.
2. Don't do a thing in the off season to improve the club, keep rolling this plumber group and we might actually have chance at Mcdavid next year, which would be our first franchise player.
3. The best part yet, those core group players like Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa and the Sedins would be begging to get moved. They would gladly waive there NTC's and we could finally capture assets to rebuild the team.

So it appears the M.G.'s plan was a 10 year plan not 5 year one but I guess we all should have realized this when he signed Luongo to that 14 year deal...

^
The name says it all
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#10 icetime

icetime

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

We dismatled the core after the Stanley Cup loss. What a huge mistake. What you have now is the skeleton of the group and a bunch of guys who never should have been acquired. Less wait time for tickets -- Don't worry mine are available tonight. Offers? !0 year plan sound like the Soviet Union. 10 years to complete disaster. And lots of misery in the meantime.

#11 Jiggs50

Jiggs50

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Losing Torres and Erhoff just killed us. I think Gillis needs to move dead weight like San Jose did.

#12 amitriptyline

amitriptyline

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

Don't worry Change is not something that happens often under Gillis.

Edited by amitriptyline, 30 January 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Their lives decay before their eyes there is no hope or cure

among their own kind they live a life that's so obscure

first an arm and then a leg deterioration grows

rotting while they breathe death comes slow !!!

#13 Rovy

Rovy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

Why does everyone think Vancouver missing the playoffs will mean a high draft pick? We are currently 11th in the LEAGUE. If we miss, we'd probably end up with the lowest non-playoff pick... I'd rather have 4 playoff games to watch, and who knows, maybe they somehow pull a hockey game out of their ass

#14 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

^
The name says it all

There's a pretty simple pattern to follow, usernames with Nuck, Nit, Vancity, Linden, Salmon etc. + low post counts and short rants = troll jobs. Your eyes train themselves to pass over their posts quicky.

#15 trevor corey

trevor corey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

I can't believe that so many posters on here think McDavid will be drafted by the Canucks. Even if we did, he would hardly be our "first franchise player".
I'm way more excited about Fox and Gaunce playing on a line together. They don't seem to need McDavid at all.
Posted Image

#16 Sypher009

Sypher009

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

we aren't going to get a top 10 pick if we miss the playoffs this year, if we do we'll probably be 9th or 10th in the west but with how weak the east is we'll probably still be in the top 15 or 16 overall. Chances of getting a top 10 pick are slim

#17 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

There's a pretty simple pattern to follow, usernames with Nuck, Nit, Vancity, Linden, Salmon etc. + low post counts and short rants = troll jobs. Your eyes train themselves to pass over their posts quicky.

Stating the truth in a humorous fashion for all the gushing fans softens their shattered reality as this ship sailed two years ago.
Some of us state the obvious and don't care about your fragile ego's -or Eminem fans,for that matter.
Most on the boards are starting to accept the obvious. You and some of the other recalcitrants will eventually succumb to the reality.

#18 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

If we aren't a dominant team for a few years the bandwagon will be a lot more spacious. You won't have to worry about seeing some idiot in a Canucks jersey who doesn't even watch hockey.

A snake bite emergency kit is a body bag - Mitch Hedberg

#19 Vanfansince88

Vanfansince88

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Bure, Sedin's , booby Lu, Kesler are all franchise players!!!

#20 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

The ntc guys will not be begging to move.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#21 touchable

touchable

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Linden, Bure, Mogilny, Naslund, Sedin, Sedin, Luongo.

12 year deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

this team will go nowhere while we have that incompetent player agent pretending to be our GM.

people need to accept reality, And just hope his inevitable fire comes sooner then later
Fire MG

#23 Professor.of.Perception

Professor.of.Perception

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

how are you not banned when all you do is troll....

1. we have and have had a number of franchise players:
Sedins, Nasland, Bure, LUONGO!!

2. We will not move this core! what we need is a youth movement which was just kick started with a great draft last year.

3. gillis is doing a great job. we do need a young top six winger but its a little harder then booth and parts but we have a huge Free agent class this year and signing is what gillis does best.

-Credit to Vintage Canuck-
20uwio4.jpg

#24 hockeygod7

hockeygod7

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

like ive said before..the players are all capable just need that play maker and the guy who gets in your face player but has the skill to back it up..ballard would have helped the power play and you need the heavy hitting or the canucks dont get quality scoring chances..when they win they play physical..but hard to do all season..you get banged up players..tge scoring is here just not clicking..my suggestion to torts is to get the players he has to get more inolved at the ritetimes..its hard but they make millions..

#25 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

The ntc guys will not be begging to move.

yes, and those guys are going to get us a nice pick this year....top 5 atleast.....next year maybe the same...

Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA all sucked for a few years and got terrific picks. Now their fan base is stronger than ever for years to come.

#26 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

Don't let these delusional haters get to you. You're a realist and many of your arguments have weight. I know when the season ends you'll have the satisfaction of being right and calling everything ahead in advance.

#27 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

like ive said before..the players are all capable just need that play maker and the guy who gets in your face player but has the skill to back it up..ballard would have helped the power play and you need the heavy hitting or the canucks dont get quality scoring chances..when they win they play physical..but hard to do all season..you get banged up players..tge scoring is here just not clicking..my suggestion to torts is to get the players he has to get more inolved at the ritetimes..its hard but they make millions..

See the problem is MG doesn't get the players we need...He seems absolutely incapable to making any sort of trade. Every time he's asked about it, he says there is too much involved to make a trade, well that's why you get paid the big bucks MG.

#28 Maginator

Maginator

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

One thing definitely needs to change immediately, Gillis needs to be fired and then the healing can begin.

yes! I can't put two and two together...

Why are the Canucks hanging on to this bum that holds the future of the Canucks?? He already showed us that he has poor gm skills and that he doesn't know how to properly build a team! Why is this guy still behind in the press box?? Why is this guy still in control?? Makes absolutely no sense to me how he isn't gone yet…
Posted Image

#29 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

yes! I can't put two and two together...

Why are the Canucks hanging on to this bum that holds the future of the Canucks?? He already showed us that he has poor gm skills and that he doesn't know how to properly build a team! Why is this guy still behind in the press box?? Why is this guy still in control?? Makes absolutely no sense to me how he isn't gone yet…

What difference would it make to fire him now and hire a GM? If anything he will be let go immediately at seasons end and before the draft just like most others. Any new GM coming in now wont have the proper time to evaluate and make adjustments before the trade deadline.

Brian Burke wont fire Hartley for the simple fact that he doesnt want a new coach coming in and ruining Calgary's chances of drafting Sam Reinhart. Bet your bottom dollar....at seasons end, Burke shakes Hartley's hand as he tells him to hit the road

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.