The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Vs Blackhawks exciting but wrong approach

luckylui270

I have to say that the Canucks really tried yesterday against the Blackhawks. However if they had played a strictly defensive game after the second goal they would have won. Unfortunately right now for the Canucks they need wins even if that means a boring game. Something to keep in mind for the future. I don't think the Canucks can afford to lose any more games.

It was only exciting watching the hawks' sick skill. When they pass it actually hits the tape, not get bumbled around. When they shoot it actually looks lethal, not deflecting around like a pinball machine. If it weren't for NTC's I would gladly put all 12 Canucks forwards on the trade market.

Compare the PP units and you can see the difference. The passing is crisp and extremely quick. Spread the D out and start firing. The camera gets shaky because it's constantly moving.

On the other side of the ice, the Canucks have a methodical approach and are looking for an open man. It's very slow, so the PKers can adjust very quickly and play tight pressure. The camera can just zoom out a bit and watch the Canucks attempt to cycle the puck.

I agree. The events immediately after Kesler demolished Oduya were when the game got out of control. Obviously they scored a lot of goals in quick succession, but goals or no goals, the style the game started to be played was not ideal for the Canucks. Especially without Henrik and Santo. And extra especially against the Blackhawks. The puck moved to the Blackhawks end, to the Canucks end, back to the Blackhawks end, and finally back to the Canucks end in a span of 30 seconds. We don't have the fire power, or the confidence atm, to play the game that way. They need to find away to slow the game down.

From what I saw they played a boring game other than flashes in first 2 min. Part of 2nd and part of 3rd. Rest of the time the only exciting thing was how many posts hawks will hit before they beat Luongo.

I think they've tried to win 1-0, 2-1 games etc. For some reason they just break down on d and fall asleep with a lead

Archived