The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buble's Right!

1SportsLover1

I am hoping that what Michael Buble had to say on hockeycentral is the tipping point for us to go full rebuild. His interview was amazing. Everything he said I have been saying, why hold onto your star players when the window has passed. Get value for them NOW! why be mediocre , he is a co-owner of the Vancouver Giants and he said once the rebuild starts the healing begins. I know it seem tough to think about Sedins,Kes,Burr exc exc in diff jersey but once the season is underway you realize every loss is for the better of the franchise and city.

Look at the oilers and flames, they made it to the cup finals and held on and held on and held on wayyy to long and now the oilers are going through a painfull rebuild, the flames are just starting. Then look at the sabres who are doing it right, trade guys like pominville , vanek, miller, moulson, ott and stockpile draft picks and prospects and complete a rebuild in 3-5 years! if they trade miller moulson exc they could have like 4 or more 1st rounders. oilers only have 1 first per year. if we dont rebuild now , we will look back in 3-5 years when were FORCED to rebuild and wonder what could have been if we did it when players had value. The flames and oilers made it to the cup finals just like us! eery isnt it, and they made it like as 8 seeds and had WAY less talent to offer teams then us. We need to do it now before teams like chi and pitt and bos in a bit from now go through it aswell and we are rebuilding at the same times as all these other teams. And if its true that the Aqullinis and co only care about money and want to hang on then they need to sell the teams the other ppl need to be fired and we need to get some REAL owners in here that know hockey and do whats best for the team and fans.

I know ppl wonder about NTC but if a player knows ur gonna rebuild and there not wanted, they will understand, nobody wants to stay where there not wanted, guys like Sedins exc will always be Canucks and have their jersey retired. You have to be fully commited to the rebuild , you cant have it both ways, ppl that say retool on the fly, were too old, plain and simple. You cant have players like Sedins and LU when doing a rebuild, Even if the Sedins slow down alot , they will still counter the other teams top line. And Lu will steal victorys. I've heard ppl say the owners want to stay competitive for money, just think , if we got a players like Mckinnon or McDavid , fans would be STOKED! they would buy jerseys , come to the games just to see them exc exc. And ppl say bring up Horvat and co for one last run, but the time the Sedins retire and guys like Kesler are shells of themselves , Horvat and Shinkaruk will be like 23 24 and ready to step into prime and we will have no choice but to rebuild. It is not fair to them , Period! I hope Lu wants to leave this offseason, That should for sure start the rebuild. we are not the team we used to be and its clear we need the rebuild , he checked out, he needs a fresh start. People say we brought torts into be the closer and get whatever he can out of this core, guess what , Tortorella is amazing with young talent, he would be great for a rebuild, then when he leaves have a guy like Gullitzen take over.

Arnt you guys sick and tired of hearing , Oh the Canucks are old and slow and window is closing , dont you want to watch the TSN lottery and see us with #1 pick, and on draft day get a superstar franchise altering player, look at guys like Crosby Malkin Ovechkin Stamkos Taveres exc exc. I want us to be an exciting young fast super talented team and if we do the rebuild now we could be a potential Dynasty in 3-5 years, or if we wait will will go through the most grueling dreadfull rebuild imaginable. And the great thing is if we do it now , by the time were ready teams like chicago and pitt will be old and just about to start and we will take over the league! roles will be reversed , chi will be old and slow and we will skate circles around them! Guys like kypereos love that we are in no mans land, when Buble talked about the rebuild Kyperoes was like oh get malone from tampa, he is a 4th liner thats extremley slow. Dont you want to go all out for Mcdavid who might be better then crosby, dominated at all ages , plays above his own age! or do you want him to go to a place like calgary and wonder what could have been.

This is so simple in my opinion, I wish we that want a rebuild could start a petition! Michael Buble said 80% of fans want it , were smart fans, we know what needs to be done, and he said that some people in management want it too!! For those that dont, please I am begging be open minded . Imagine having Mcdavid and then get him some superstar wingers like drouin exc , we could hopefully get atleast #1 overall pick and hopefully gauranteed top 3-5 , but getting some #1's would be AMAZING, Everyone knows if you Have a PowerHouse top 6 then you could win multiple Stanley Cups. Chicago has toews kane hossa saad sharp. Imagine a guy like Ho Sang with Horvat and Shinkaruk, two all world offensive players with Bo! I also love Ivan Barbashev. Then get a guy like Mcdavid and get him two linemates in future drafts, I mean we have some amazing young prospects, its the PERFECT time to rebuild! I heard a rumor that Gillis doesnt like Russians, if thats true then he needs to go, that is sickening , Barbashev will be Amazing! look at guys like Datsyuk, Babcock loves him! As I said , Ivan gives it everything he has every shift and if he is there when we draft we need to get him and trade Edler to Detroit for a 1st straight up and get Ho Sang , and then if you have some top 6 star prospects but dont have room you can possibly package them for a guy like Evander Kane. We need to trade away players before and at deadline and as well in the offseason and go FULL REBUILD .We need to draft FORWARDS centers rightwings leftwings forwards forwards forwards! As I said please be open minded and thank you for reading this! Please Vancouver Canucks start the rebuild!

Buble is a very intelligent hockey guy and I hold his hockey remarks up pretty high. He knows what's up and isn't beating around the bush when he talks about hockey. Majority the time what he says is on the dot and as for rebuild, I agree but wouldn't do it just yet. The Kings won the Cup being a mediocre team like we are and just played a tough game. Canucks are playing like that and following the same path they did and once you make the playoffs, everyone has the same chance to win.

...I agree a rebuild should happen but not just yet. I'd give 2 more years for them to compete, obviously shouldn't expect them to be top dogs cause they're re-tooling and if nothing yet then I wouldn't mind the core being moved away cause as of now, they are in the mix and are a tough playoff-like team.

Buble is a very intelligent hockey guy and I hold his hockey remarks up pretty high. He knows what's up and isn't beating around the bush when he talks about hockey. Majority the time what he says is on the dot and as for rebuild, I agree but wouldn't do it just yet. The Kings won the Cup being a mediocre team like we are and just played a tough game. Canucks are playing like that and following the same path they did and once you make the playoffs, everyone has the same chance to win.

...I agree a rebuild should happen but not just yet. I'd give 2 more years for them to compete, obviously shouldn't expect them to be top dogs cause they're re-tooling and if nothing yet then I wouldn't mind the core being moved away cause as of now, they are in the mix and are a tough playoff-like team.

Kings added Jeff carter at deadline and mike Richards in off season before

Ill disagree...Rebuild is not needed half as much as a retool...We may miss the playoffs a year or 2 but long term its fine...Long as Gillis does not trade away anymore prospects we will be able to work them into the lineup slowly as not to rush but not to force them to stay out to long either

Canucks will never get the #1 pick unless they trade everything they have of value for it. Also the choice of a rebuild is no longer in Managment's hands, they made sure of that when they gave out NTCs like candy.

Better stop dreaming of this fast rebuild for the Canucks cause it's not happening, better to hope the players we have can return to form and a great supporting cast is brought in to help them achieve the cup.

Otherwise it will just be a slow decline in mediocrity for the better part of the next decade at minimum.

Canucks will never get the #1 pick unless they trade everything they have of value for it. Also the choice of a rebuild is no longer in Managment's hands, they made sure of that when they gave out NTCs like candy.

Better stop dreaming of this fast rebuild for the Canucks cause it's not happening, better to hope the players we have can return to form and a great supporting cast is brought in to help them achieve the cup.

Otherwise it will just be a slow decline in mediocrity for the better part of the next decade at minimum.

You know, I was going to make a huge reply outlining a number of points of how or why Vancouver won't fall into the nasty pitfalls of a long or perpetual rebuild like some other teams...but then I look back at the last 2 years of management fiasco's with this franchise and realize that you are probably right.

I think we are in for some very rough years here, Canucks fans.

You know, I was going to make a huge reply outlining a number of points of how or why Vancouver won't fall into the nasty pitfalls of a long or perpetual rebuild like some other teams...but then I look back at the last 2 years of management fiasco's with this franchise and realize that you are probably right.

I think we are in for some very rough years here, Canucks fans.

There are some really bright spots I think, don't get me wrong I am not all doom and Gloom. Next couple of years the cap will rise significantly and the great thing about Canuck's ownership is that they are willing to spend $$$$$. So that is a positive.

Next we do have some prospects already that we should be excited about. With some key signings, the core group we have now could be phased into more of a support role rather than the go to guys. Spending the cap room wisely and an injection of high end young talent could make the Sedins more of a Secondary Scoring/Shut down type players.

If this team could be retooled as a poster above stated, (but properly) I think the next couple of seasons could be very bright for the Canucks and an implosion of this team may not be necessary.

The Kings could actually hold teams to under 1 goal all the time when they couldn't score originally. They were the best team in the league I'm pretty sure defensively, they just had trouble scoring. Nearing the end of the season with Jeff Carter they started owning teams, being able to shut them down AND score goals. They got hot at the right time.

The Canucks defense sucks right now but was pretty damn good in the early season. If they can turn it around, sure I could see this team being kind of like the Kings but we have veteran d-men who still have a country club attitude.

Also, do you honestly think this team is going to trade for an olympic quality sniper like Carter? They have no assets to trade for a guy like him unless you honestly want Horvat or Shinkaruk gone. Not worth it.

Rather just trade some, not all, of this veteran core, get some good picks and some prospects, hopefully pick top 5 the next two years, and come back with a mix of veterans and gritty, big skilled youngins

Come on guys! Why do you want to keep hanging on for the cup, if we do win it , then what? have false belief the sedins are 22? I mean come on, and yes we can get the #1 pick , its called REBUILDING! we shouldnt hang on any longer, not even 2 years, our players will have no value! trade away players before deadline like san jose did with clowe and murray and if not playoffs or cup , i dont care even if we make second round, then go full rebuild.

Come on guys! Why do you want to keep hanging on for the cup, if we do win it , then what? have false belief the sedins are 22? I mean come on, and yes we can get the #1 pick , its called REBUILDING! we shouldnt hang on any longer, not even 2 years, our players will have no value! trade away players before deadline like san jose did with clowe and murray and if not playoffs or cup , i dont care even if we make second round, then go full rebuild.

What don't you understand about NTC? This means that the vast majority of the players with value don't have to be traded if they don't want to. So it's up to them, also if you do manage to trade them it will be to teams of THEIR CHOOSING in which case the return is going to be very limited.

If I hear someone bring up the Kings one more time as proof that any team can do it I'm gonna flip out. Devils made it to the finals that year too, and they weren't favourites. In 2011 the Bruins were coming off blowing a 3-0 lead, everyone called for Julien's head in the offseason, and questioned the character of every player on that team. Chara was labelled a big guy who couldn't keep his strength over a long full season and playoffs, the year before that Philly made an unexpected run, and before the Pens and Wings traded wins, you had the Oilers in the finals, the Flames, the Canes first trip against the Wings, Buffalo in '99, The Caps in '98. The Florida Panthers in '96, the Devils in '95, the Canucks in '94, The North Stars in '91, etc., etc. You don't need to dominate all regular season to get hot, get lucky, and go to the dance. And you don't need to the fkcuing 2012 LA Kings.

They've got ~ two years with youth (and UFA's) supporting the current core IMO to do some damage. As far as I can tell, that's the plan.

Kesler, Bieksa and Hamuis all go UFA after that with a steady parade of the current core to follow them in the ensuing years after.

If it's not going well in 2015/2016 look for those three guys to waive their NTC's to be traded as rentals for the rebuild.

In other words..CDC is like an excited teenager blowing it's load way. WAY too early.

I agree completely. We have some real solid assets that will expedite our rebuild exponentially. Ntc are a problem but only a small one. The players know that this teams chances at winning are done and they all look frustrated and are not enjoying themselves whatsoever. I think it's an easy sell for them to waive at this point.

Players that probably won't waive due to family: Sedins, Hamhuis and bieksa . I think everyone else would waive to a specified list of teams.

OK let me ask you a question then. Say we went all out for ryan oreilly either at the deadline or FA then we got a guy like callahan or moulson , had top 6 of sedin sedin burrows / moulson/callahan oreilly kesler, ( move kess to wing full time) then Shinkaruk Horvat and hopefully another Stud draft pick like Ho Sang or Barbashev , sweet top 9 , but what about when in 2 or 3 years max we dont get it done and our players dont have trade value

NTC are not a big deal, as I said many times if a player is not wanted and knows about the rebuild they aint gonna want to stay, Kesler wants a ring more then anything. Detriot would luv him and he would luv them too . and even if you trade a guy to a team and the draft pick may be higher or lower, you can always package and trade up. And the whole point is to just get rid of these guys so you can officially begin the rebuild and try and get a guy like McDavid.

Archived