The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams Edler would Waive his NTC for?

JeremyCuddles

If this has been done before I apologize before hand and if this is in the wrong section although I am not making any proposals sorry. And I am sorry for continuing to beat this dead horse but:

With our current D corps Edler is the most redundant and most valuable piece we have. But in all the Edler proposal threads the only thing people say is "NTC herp derp goin no wheres". What I want to know is, what team(s) would he consider waiving his NTC for, in your opinion?

Detroit seems to be the most likely but what other teams would or could entice Ed to waive his NTC? Are we so limited in options that we need to ride out the remaining years on our core players? Cause clearly our valuable pieces can't be moved for picks so we are in a position where we can't get younger and can't move redundant pieces for useful pieces.

I think we are all desperate for some move because our current situation we can't rebuild and can't properly contend for the cup. Moving Ed or Garrison (not very likely) or Bieksa for picks/prospects now would be best for a 'retool' as they hold the most value right now and we have a surplus of D. Maybe I am just impatient but it's frustrating watching Van right now and nothing seems to be done about. And maybe nothing can be done about it.

Of course if Ed comes back from Sochii a different man, here's hoping, meaning actually contributing offensively obviously we move someone else in our top 4 D but discussion for another thread.

I'd say Detroit, New York, and Tampa. But I honestly don't expect Edler to go anywhere. Hell, I don't expect any of our NTC D to be going anywhere.

He lives in one of the greatest places to live, gets big minutes, just re-signed with us, and he's likely put roots down during his time here.

Now, I could end up being wrong as players do waive their NTC's.. but I just don't see it happening. Edler's not going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

If i had to put together a list I could see Edler waive to they would be as follows.

1. Detroit -----> Mantha, Jurco, 1st?

2. Tampa Bay ------> A combination of their rookies other than Drouin?

3. Washington -----> Wilson+?

4. New York Rangers -----> Not sure who I would want from the NYR for Edler

5. Boston ------> Eriksson, Kohklachev, 1st?

Yes, this is a dead horse, but we beat a lot of them around here, so let's have another go.

The only way I'd move Edler is if a premier, NHL ready young defenseman is coming back in the deal.

Thinning out the blueline is a bad idea.

If the Canucks could land Jared Cowan and Lehner in a deal, I cut that deal.

And if I could move Luongo for a couple assets - ie. to the Panthers for Goc and Petrovic or to the NYI for Brock Nelson and one of the blueline prospects not named Reinhart.

Otherwise, not really interested unless someone literally offers an irresistable deal.

Yes, this is a dead horse, but we beat a lot of them around here, so let's have another go.

The only way I'd move Edler is if a premier, NHL ready young defenseman is coming back in the deal.

Thinning out the blueline is a bad idea.

If the Canucks could land Jared Cowan and Lehner in a deal, I cut that deal.

And if I could move Luongo for a couple assets - ie. to the Panthers for Goc and Petrovic or to the NYI for Brock Nelson and one of the blueline prospects not named Reinhart.

Otherwise, not really interested unless someone literally offers an irresistable deal.

If he restricts it to only a few teams, the odds of a great deal go donwn considerably as well.

So the entire D core is crapping the bed namely Garrison with brutal multiple give aways a game, this skid started off 2 bad losses directly attributed to Garrison in the final minutes of those 2 games and all of CDC is ripping Edler ? Seriously ?

This team doesn't even have a 20 goal scorer ! not even a point a player per game ? Our PP is a f...kin joke ! Trading Edler will not solve any of these problems.

If Winnipeg were to offer Bogosian and Sutter... I'd be tempted.

People are quick to write off Winnipeg in a lot of ways, but forget that Kesler, Burrows Bieksa, hansen Edler all have ties there.

I could even see Hansen being traded to the Peg for a 1st round pick or 2nd and 3rd (lives there in off season with wife/kid)

Archived