115 replies to this topic

#1 N7Nucks

N7Nucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

If this has been done before I apologize before hand and if this is in the wrong section although I am not making any proposals sorry. And I am sorry for continuing to beat this dead horse but:

With our current D corps Edler is the most redundant and most valuable piece we have. But in all the Edler proposal threads the only thing people say is "NTC herp derp goin no wheres". What I want to know is, what team(s) would he consider waiving his NTC for, in your opinion?

Detroit seems to be the most likely but what other teams would or could entice Ed to waive his NTC? Are we so limited in options that we need to ride out the remaining years on our core players? Cause clearly our valuable pieces can't be moved for picks so we are in a position where we can't get younger and can't move redundant pieces for useful pieces.

I think we are all desperate for some move because our current situation we can't rebuild and can't properly contend for the cup. Moving Ed or Garrison (not very likely) or Bieksa for picks/prospects now would be best for a 'retool' as they hold the most value right now and we have a surplus of D. Maybe I am just impatient but it's frustrating watching Van right now and nothing seems to be done about. And maybe nothing can be done about it.

Of course if Ed comes back from Sochii a different man, here's hoping, meaning actually contributing offensively obviously we move someone else in our top 4 D but discussion for another thread.

#2 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

If i had to put together a list I could see Edler waive to they would be as follows.

1. Detroit
2. Tampa Bay
3. Washington
4. New York Rangers
5. Boston

mr-selfridge-jeremy-piven-interview-slic

#3 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

I'd say Detroit, New York, and Tampa. But I honestly don't expect Edler to go anywhere. Hell, I don't expect any of our NTC D to be going anywhere.

He lives in one of the greatest places to live, gets big minutes, just re-signed with us, and he's likely put roots down during his time here.

Now, I could end up being wrong as players do waive their NTC's.. but I just don't see it happening. Edler's not going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

Edited by Coconuts, 31 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 CanucksCaptain

CanucksCaptain

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Detroit, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay

#5 Sedins23

Sedins23

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Detroit

To Van: Mantha, Quincy ($4.7 million caphit)
To Det: Edler ($5 million caphit)

http://forum.canucks...a-kyle-quincey/

Edited by Sedins23, 31 January 2014 - 04:35 PM.

14tn509.jpg

Kassian for Krug will happen, Book it.

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,210 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

If i had to put together a list I could see Edler waive to they would be as follows.

1. Detroit -----> Mantha, Jurco, 1st?
2. Tampa Bay ------> A combination of their rookies other than Drouin?
3. Washington -----> Wilson+?
4. New York Rangers -----> Not sure who I would want from the NYR for Edler
5. Boston ------> Eriksson, Kohklachev, 1st?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

1. Detroit
2. Tampa Bay
3. Washington
4. New York Rangers
5. Boston

Add Ottawa
I Love Lamp...

#8 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

I think if we traded Edler to Detroit, he would start to beast mode it, Babcock will turn Edler into the Lidstrom he was once predicted to become.... or at least Kronwall and every game vs the Nucks Edler will rip it up, we have the worst luck like that.

#9 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Add Ottawa

Edler for Turris would you do it?

#10 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Raymond, Ballard and a 1st for Bobby Ryan.

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#11 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Trading him now is a fairly bad idea with his value being an all-time low.

So let's do it because we're in panic mode?

This team needs to get some answers from within. Supposed to be an elite franchise now or something, I heard.
Posted Image

#12 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yes, this is a dead horse, but we beat a lot of them around here, so let's have another go.

The only way I'd move Edler is if a premier, NHL ready young defenseman is coming back in the deal.
Thinning out the blueline is a bad idea.

If the Canucks could land Jared Cowan and Lehner in a deal, I cut that deal.
And if I could move Luongo for a couple assets - ie. to the Panthers for Goc and Petrovic or to the NYI for Brock Nelson and one of the blueline prospects not named Reinhart.

Otherwise, not really interested unless someone literally offers an irresistable deal.

#13 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Av's because I think Ryan O'Reilly has 1st line center ceiling.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#14 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Detroit kind of makes sense. Toronto maybe?? For someone at his stage of career there is a lot to factor in (would his family move to Detroit??). Only he really knows in the end.

#15 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yes, this is a dead horse, but we beat a lot of them around here, so let's have another go.

The only way I'd move Edler is if a premier, NHL ready young defenseman is coming back in the deal.
Thinning out the blueline is a bad idea.

If the Canucks could land Jared Cowan and Lehner in a deal, I cut that deal.
And if I could move Luongo for a couple assets - ie. to the Panthers for Goc and Petrovic or to the NYI for Brock Nelson and one of the blueline prospects not named Reinhart.

Otherwise, not really interested unless someone literally offers an irresistable deal.

If he restricts it to only a few teams, the odds of a great deal go donwn considerably as well.

#16 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Could see him waiving for Colorado or Dallas. Nice cities, up n coming teams. Some good pieces there to get back too.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 31 January 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#17 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

1. Detroit
2. Islanders
3. Ottawa
4. Tampa
5. Winnipeg
6. Colorado
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#18 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

So the entire D core is crapping the bed namely Garrison with brutal multiple give aways a game, this skid started off 2 bad losses directly attributed to Garrison in the final minutes of those 2 games and all of CDC is ripping Edler ? Seriously ?

This team doesn't even have a 20 goal scorer ! not even a point a player per game ? Our PP is a f...kin joke ! Trading Edler will not solve any of these problems.

1z6d0zl.jpg

Deadly Sig by Discord :D  ESAD CrapHawks !

#19 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

1. Detroit
2. Islanders
3. Ottawa
4. Tampa
5. Winnipeg
6. Colorado

If Winnipeg were to offer Bogosian and Sutter... I'd be tempted.

#20 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

If Winnipeg were to offer Bogosian and Sutter... I'd be tempted.

People are quick to write off Winnipeg in a lot of ways, but forget that Kesler, Burrows Bieksa, hansen Edler all have ties there.

I could even see Hansen being traded to the Peg for a 1st round pick or 2nd and 3rd (lives there in off season with wife/kid)

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#21 N7Nucks

N7Nucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

So the entire D core is crapping the bed namely Garrison with brutal multiple give aways a game, this skid started off 2 bad losses directly attributed to Garrison in the final minutes of those 2 games and all of CDC is ripping Edler ? Seriously ?

This team doesn't even have a 20 goal scorer ! not even a point a player per game ? Our PP is a f...kin joke ! Trading Edler will not solve any of these problems.

A trade could have numerous effects on the team. We don't even know what return we'd get for him. We could get the highly coveted top 6. And it could let the players know they aren't untouchable and your security is only as safe as you play dictates.

And I said the other defenders have considerably less value but do their jobs far more efficiently then Ed. He's a great defender but under performing here and possibly could use a fresh start somewhere we as a fanbase more then otherw gave up on him. There are a lot more teams that'd take Ed with open arms. You clearly did not read or interpret my post very well and I apologize for that.

#22 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

A trade could have numerous effects on the team. We don't even know what return we'd get for him. We could get the highly coveted top 6. And it could let the players know they aren't untouchable and your security is only as safe as you play dictates.

And I said the other defenders have considerably less value but do their jobs far more efficiently then Ed. He's a great defender but under performing here and possibly could use a fresh start somewhere we as a fanbase more then otherw gave up on him. There are a lot more teams that'd take Ed with open arms. You clearly did not read or interpret my post very well and I apologize for that.

You don't have to apologize. There are people here who in one post scream at Gillis for never doing anything "bold" yet in another throw every single player under a protective umbrella because they have NTC's or are fan favourites or are all of a sudden worthless in their opinions.

Hard to get better without giving anything up. Last GM to do that was Chiarelli.

I think there is an almost 4 team consensus for where he'd waive

#23 Gurru991

Gurru991

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

I really don't see him waiving his NTC and Gillis has stated that he won't ask his any of the NTC group to do so. In light of that I don't see Edler going anywhere.

#24 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm just going to add that if Edler gets traded among others, MG ought to go out and get a D man that lives up to the role player the Canucks wanted from Edler- a big strong physical D man e.g. Gudbranson.

That would be wicked

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#25 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

People are quick to write off Winnipeg in a lot of ways, but forget that Kesler, Burrows Bieksa, hansen Edler all have ties there.

I could even see Hansen being traded to the Peg for a 1st round pick or 2nd and 3rd (lives there in off season with wife/kid)

Winnipeg is about the only place I wouldn't mind seeing a few of my favorites wind up.
Big soft spot for the Jets - and there are some players of interest there for sure.

#26 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

You don't have to apologize. There are people here who in one post scream at Gillis for never doing anything "bold" yet in another throw every single player under a protective umbrella because they have NTC's or are fan favourites or are all of a sudden worthless in their opinions.

Hard to get better without giving anything up. Last GM to do that was Chiarelli.

I think there is an almost 4 team consensus for where he'd waive

If you're referring to the Kessel deal, I agree 100%.

#27 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I really don't see him waiving his NTC and Gillis has stated that he won't ask his any of the NTC group to do so. In light of that I don't see Edler going anywhere.

This.

Sorry guys, Edler isn't waiving anything...Booth isn't getting traded...Bure isn't coming out of retirement...and so on, and so on

#28 N7Nucks

N7Nucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

This.

Sorry guys, Edler isn't waiving anything...Booth isn't getting traded...Bure isn't coming out of retirement...and so on, and so on

So we retool how? We improve how? All of our assets with any value have a no trade and Gillis also said he doesn't want to move picks/prospects. We don't become contenders trading 3rd liners for other 3rd liners.

We have top 4 defenders for days all with NTC's. And Tanev is by far our most consistent and useful if we move him we are officially done. Stanton for his value and salary are too good to move. So instead of shooting down all ideas how about we at least pretend they are possiblities so we have something to talk about.

#29 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

If you're referring to the Kessel deal, I agree 100%.

That's the deal I refer to yes. kessel was as good as gone anyways and they almost immediately won a cup. Doesn't get much better than that eh. Now looking at Smith and Eriksson....wow it even gets better

#30 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

If Gillis won't ask Edler to waive his NTC he needs to be fired. Edler's atrocious play has earned him a ticket out of town. If he refuses to waive, he can go on waivers. We just need to get rid of him at this point.

7fce7a4a0df8dfa415e1d56e4e62ef04.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.