The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams Edler would Waive his NTC for?

JeremyCuddles

So the entire D core is crapping the bed namely Garrison with brutal multiple give aways a game, this skid started off 2 bad losses directly attributed to Garrison in the final minutes of those 2 games and all of CDC is ripping Edler ? Seriously ?

This team doesn't even have a 20 goal scorer ! not even a point a player per game ? Our PP is a f...kin joke ! Trading Edler will not solve any of these problems.

A trade could have numerous effects on the team. We don't even know what return we'd get for him. We could get the highly coveted top 6. And it could let the players know they aren't untouchable and your security is only as safe as you play dictates.

And I said the other defenders have considerably less value but do their jobs far more efficiently then Ed. He's a great defender but under performing here and possibly could use a fresh start somewhere we as a fanbase more then otherw gave up on him. There are a lot more teams that'd take Ed with open arms. You clearly did not read or interpret my post very well and I apologize for that.

A trade could have numerous effects on the team. We don't even know what return we'd get for him. We could get the highly coveted top 6. And it could let the players know they aren't untouchable and your security is only as safe as you play dictates.

And I said the other defenders have considerably less value but do their jobs far more efficiently then Ed. He's a great defender but under performing here and possibly could use a fresh start somewhere we as a fanbase more then otherw gave up on him. There are a lot more teams that'd take Ed with open arms. You clearly did not read or interpret my post very well and I apologize for that.

You don't have to apologize. There are people here who in one post scream at Gillis for never doing anything "bold" yet in another throw every single player under a protective umbrella because they have NTC's or are fan favourites or are all of a sudden worthless in their opinions.

Hard to get better without giving anything up. Last GM to do that was Chiarelli.

I think there is an almost 4 team consensus for where he'd waive

People are quick to write off Winnipeg in a lot of ways, but forget that Kesler, Burrows Bieksa, hansen Edler all have ties there.

I could even see Hansen being traded to the Peg for a 1st round pick or 2nd and 3rd (lives there in off season with wife/kid)

Winnipeg is about the only place I wouldn't mind seeing a few of my favorites wind up.

Big soft spot for the Jets - and there are some players of interest there for sure.

You don't have to apologize. There are people here who in one post scream at Gillis for never doing anything "bold" yet in another throw every single player under a protective umbrella because they have NTC's or are fan favourites or are all of a sudden worthless in their opinions.

Hard to get better without giving anything up. Last GM to do that was Chiarelli.

I think there is an almost 4 team consensus for where he'd waive

If you're referring to the Kessel deal, I agree 100%.

I really don't see him waiving his NTC and Gillis has stated that he won't ask his any of the NTC group to do so. In light of that I don't see Edler going anywhere.

This.

Sorry guys, Edler isn't waiving anything...Booth isn't getting traded...Bure isn't coming out of retirement...and so on, and so on

This.

Sorry guys, Edler isn't waiving anything...Booth isn't getting traded...Bure isn't coming out of retirement...and so on, and so on

So we retool how? We improve how? All of our assets with any value have a no trade and Gillis also said he doesn't want to move picks/prospects. We don't become contenders trading 3rd liners for other 3rd liners.

We have top 4 defenders for days all with NTC's. And Tanev is by far our most consistent and useful if we move him we are officially done. Stanton for his value and salary are too good to move. So instead of shooting down all ideas how about we at least pretend they are possiblities so we have something to talk about.

If you're referring to the Kessel deal, I agree 100%.

That's the deal I refer to yes. kessel was as good as gone anyways and they almost immediately won a cup. Doesn't get much better than that eh. Now looking at Smith and Eriksson....wow it even gets better

I really don't see him waiving his NTC and Gillis has stated that he won't ask his any of the NTC group to do so. In light of that I don't see Edler going anywhere.

If Gillis won't ask Edler to waive his NTC he needs to be fired. Edler's atrocious play has earned him a ticket out of town. If he refuses to waive, he can go on waivers. We just need to get rid of him at this point.

That's the deal I refer to yes. kessel was as good as gone anyways and they almost immediately won a cup. Doesn't get much better than that eh. Now looking at Smith and Eriksson....wow it even gets better

Seguin and Peverley aren't chopped liver though - Seguin has 53 points, Peverley 25 and 60.2% in the faceoff circle.

So far I think I'd take the Stars side of the deal.

I think if we traded Edler to Detroit, he would start to beast mode it, Babcock will turn Edler into the Lidstrom he was once predicted to become.... or at least Kronwall and every game vs the Nucks Edler will rip it up, we have the worst luck like that.

In what universe did anyone predict Edler to be the next Lidstrom?

if everyone here thinks Edler is so bad why would other team over pay for him? player + 1st or top prospect + 1st lol...

I'd be happy with the cap space. Any assets we get back are a bonus at this point. The sad thing is Edler DOES have the raw talent to be a Lidstrom-lite type guy, but is one of the stupidest players I've ever seen in a Canuck jersey. He's had long enough to develop for it to be clear he is never going to learn how to actually play defense, and is only ever going to be a slightly better version of Brent Sopel.

I'd be happy with the cap space. Any assets we get back are a bonus at this point. The sad thing is Edler DOES have the raw talent to be a Lidstrom-lite type guy, but is one of the stupidest players I've ever seen in a Canuck jersey. He's had long enough to develop for it to be clear he is never going to learn how to actually play defense, and is only ever going to be a slightly better version of Brent Sopel.

your blind hate for this guy is over the top now a slightly better version of Brent Sopel really

1 season 20 points

2 seasons 30 points

3 seasons 40 points ( shortened season his prorated points would of been 41)

again he has played less games been injured and suspended this season has only played 37 games so far the only thing wrong with his stat line is his plus/minus that's it if he had played all 56 games his prorated points would be 21 good for 2nd on the team

but what you fail to realize his hits are 2nd of the d-core despite playing less his blocked shots 4th in the d-core despite playing less games

his giveaways which you always like to bring up is the lowest of the top 4 d-men with 21 Garrison has 32 Bieksa 44 Hamhuis 46 yes his plus/minus is -18 which looks awful but when you take into account plus/minus isn't exactly a stat that determines the defensive capabilities of a d-man when the rest of the top 4 has more giveaways yet a better plus/minus all that means is either the goalie or partner covered their butts for their mistakes

Edler is only 27 just so you know which is still young for d-men

don't worry i will keep posting the same stats until it sinks in not like it will but the Sopel comparison is a joke

also you must of just started watching the Canucks if you think he is the stupidest player to wear the jersey keep coming up with ridiculous comparisons and ideas about him i will always be here to defend him

Archived