The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams Edler would Waive his NTC for?

JeremyCuddles

It's not just the frequency of turnovers with Edler. It's that the ones he does make are so bad that they generate instant grade A scoring chances for the other team. He gets turnstiled easily and then doesn't bother getting back into the play. He has a habit of standing around in his own game doing sweet F all while his check is wide open in the slot for an easy tap in. The bottom line is Edler's bonehead plays are so bad that his partner CAN'T make up for them. The other defensemen are intelligent enough to know when they can take a risk.

Sopel, like Edler, had the ability to put up points, especially early in his career with the Canucks. However, like Edler, his consistent blunders in his own end made him a liability to the team despite the offense.

Edler is our best dman.

Hamhuis must go.

Lol Ed isn't even one of our top 4 D-men

The thing is Edler is worth more then a Hamhuis and would be more likely to waive given his struggles with us the last couple years. Hamhuis has a wicked contract and does his job more effeciently. Ed is a poor defender who can't put up any points. Hammer is a good sometimes great defender who can't score, see the difference?

Other then people around here, and me sometimes, Ed has value. Has proven he can put up 40+ points. Just needs an offensive minded team. Winnipeg for Wheeler and a pick maybe, thats why I asked who he'd consider waiving for. odds are we are stuck with our current D core and we move Tanev :(

We need someone tough as nails in our own end or a top six forward. With Eric Gudbranson in the doghouse down in Florida, maybe we make another deal with our buddies in Florida. They have won the last two trades with us so it's time they even things up.

They won the last two deals???

This season is a write-off IMO. With that in mind, I would literally GIVE Edler away. Anything to get away from him and his contract. Just give me that extra $5M cap space for July 1 and I'm a happy camper. Same with Luongo, Garrison and Booth. Just give me the cap space, that's the 'win'.

Detroit

To Van: Mantha, Quincy ($4.7 million caphit)

To Det: Edler ($5 million caphit)

http://forum.canucks...a-kyle-quincey/

I'll eat my dirty underwear if he waives to leave Vancouver for Detroit....

Detroit's ranking 2012 Crime rate among US cities over 250k population:

Violent Crimes: #1

Murder: #1

Rape: #11

Robbery: #4

Assault: #1

Property Crime: #9

Burglary: #4

Car theft: #2

Their slogan should be: "Detroit, where rape is the least of your worries."

Btw, Minneapolis has the highest rate of rape per capita in the US. Robbery is Oakland, property crime St. Louis, burglary is Cleveland, and car theft is also Oakland.

your blind hate for this guy is over the top now a slightly better version of Brent Sopel really

1 season 20 points

2 seasons 30 points

3 seasons 40 points ( shortened season his prorated points would of been 41)

again he has played less games been injured and suspended this season has only played 37 games so far the only thing wrong with his stat line is his plus/minus that's it if he had played all 56 games his prorated points would be 21 good for 2nd on the team

but what you fail to realize his hits are 2nd of the d-core despite playing less his blocked shots 4th in the d-core despite playing less games

his giveaways which you always like to bring up is the lowest of the top 4 d-men with 21 Garrison has 32 Bieksa 44 Hamhuis 46 yes his plus/minus is -18 which looks awful but when you take into account plus/minus isn't exactly a stat that determines the defensive capabilities of a d-man when the rest of the top 4 has more giveaways yet a better plus/minus all that means is either the goalie or partner covered their butts for their mistakes

Edler is only 27 just so you know which is still young for d-men

don't worry i will keep posting the same stats until it sinks in not like it will but the Sopel comparison is a joke

also you must of just started watching the Canucks if you think he is the stupidest player to wear the jersey keep coming up with ridiculous comparisons and ideas about him i will always be here to defend him

I'm with you on this one. Eddy is prone to the occasional brain fart but our powerplay was absolutely dire without him. There is absolutely no way he should be traded unless it is as part of a package that brings a PP quarterback back our way.

rather see garrison get traded for an ACTUAL puck moving, play making d-man one that can skate.

edler far superior to garrison.

Thats the thing we won't get a bucket of pucks for the other defenders, Ed is redundant and is having difficulties fitting in with Torts system. Move him before we are forced into a Schneider situation and get minimal return.

I'm with you on this one. Eddy is prone to the occasional brain fart but our powerplay was absolutely dire without him. There is absolutely no way he should be traded unless it is as part of a package that brings a PP quarterback back our way.

I'd take that chance on Danny DeKeyser.

Two of Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Andersson or Tatar along with him would make me happy.

But some people on here so stupid thinking that Edler can get us nothing.

He has struggled but he has shown that he is a top pairing d-man in this league. CDC has brainwashed the hell out of all the teenagers who now hate him and say that he isn't worth anything.

Team will be severely overpaying at the deadline and I believe that he was put on the block we could get maximum value for him.

I'd take that chance on Danny DeKeyser.

Two of Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Andersson or Tatar along with him would make me happy.

I don't think Detroit would give up that much for Edler. I would think Edler would need to be packaged with another player from the Canucks to get the high end PP quarterback this team needs

I know I don't post often, and usually I try to make a 'funny'. However, I HAVE put some thought into Edler. I REALLY would like to see 1 complete season, injury-free by him, before we pull the plug on his tenure with Vancouver. I like what he DOES bring, and you can see that he's always trying.... bringing a bone-head play, at least once a game, yes, but that back problem isn't going to just walk away in 1 off-season.

Learning a new system, from a new coach, takes time as well. I hope he is unwilling to waive his NTC, as the new contract hasn't even started yet. It's not quite time to abandon ship. Let's wait until the off-season before throwing good young players under the bus

But some people on here so stupid thinking that Edler can get us nothing.

He has struggled but he has shown that he is a top pairing d-man in this league. CDC has brainwashed the hell out of all the teenagers who now hate him and say that he isn't worth anything.

Team will be severely overpaying at the deadline and I believe that he was put on the block we could get maximum value for him.

It's weird people under value Ed and over value Garrison and Bieksa. What team would give an up and coming puck moving d-man for Garrison or Bieksa? Ed doesn't fit in here but has really good potential on a less defensive minded team.

So we retool how? We improve how? All of our assets with any value have a no trade and Gillis also said he doesn't want to move picks/prospects. We don't become contenders trading 3rd liners for other 3rd liners.

We have top 4 defenders for days all with NTC's. And Tanev is by far our most consistent and useful if we move him we are officially done. Stanton for his value and salary are too good to move. So instead of shooting down all ideas how about we at least pretend they are possiblities so we have something to talk about.

We can't even trade Stanton for 1 year (see the NHL waiver rule). Hansen and Tanev are realistic names that are going to be thrown around in trade talks. But you can go a head and keep daydreaming about the inevitable Edler + Booth blockbuster...

We can't even trade Stanton for 1 year (see the NHL waiver rule). Hansen and Tanev are realistic names that are going to be thrown around in trade talks. But you can go a head and keep daydreaming about the inevitable Edler + Booth blockbuster...

And Hansen brings us who, Tanev brings us who? They are more valuable to us then any team would be willing give.

Booth is worthless and I never once claimed trading him for anything so you must be assuming I am one of those posters.

What is your genius idea for turning this team around? You are quick to shoot down others but never have an idea of your own. Gillis doesn't want to ask players to waive nor trade picks/prospects, your pieces are Tanev...and whoever else doesn't have a damn NTC. Good luck.

It's weird people under value Ed and over value Garrison and Bieksa. What team would give an up and coming puck moving d-man for Garrison or Bieksa? Ed doesn't fit in here but has really good potential on a less defensive minded team.

This.

Edler has more value than both Garry and Juice, yet he is still expendable for us either way. There is no doubt in my mind that Edler could bring us back an up-and-coming puck moving D and some young forward depth.

At the very least with the way buying teams will be overpaying at the deadline Edler could get us DeKeyser and Tatar.

^ I still think Edler could maybe get us more, and this is coming from somebody who's far from an Edler hater. If you look at his size, age, the big minutes he logs and his career numbers, there are many teams that would be willing to take a chance on a guy with a very proven history of being a top defender in this league even though he has had some glaring struggles in aspects of his game.

Edler is SEVERELY underrated on this board. People like King Heffy can't provide enough evidence as to why we should just get rid of him for a salary dump and get squat in return other than the same old broken record of EDLER IS A TURNOVER MACHINE AND MAKES HIS D PARTNERS WAY WORSE (even though the majority of this team has been struggling and maybe we are all just sucking a little right now...)

Edler is a near irreplaceable player to find and acquire without giving up anything too significant but some people are so stubborn with their full-on hatred for this guy that they fail to admit it/see it.

Archived