The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets 4, Collapsers 3

It's a process

Booth is crosschecked in the back and gets a 2-minute minor. Riddle me that.

But the cross check came from battling for position, it wasn't vicious. That's a fair play, Booth accidentally on purpose got his stick up in the face and the Jets guy sold it.

What a bunch of chokers. I've never seem a team self-destructing so many times in so dramatic fashion.

This team can't hold on to the lead, can't come back once fall behind, and shoot themselves in the foot when tied.

No hustle, no competitive fire and the worst -- no brain.

Please volunteer to get your sorry asses out of the playoff spot. You chokers don't deserve to be there.

The Canucks should see if anyone will take Burrows at the deadline. He is obviously declining and his contract is very bad going forward. 3 more years after this one at $4.5Million per. Ugly.

If no one will take him then the Canucks should use their last buyout on him instead of Booth because at least Booth only has one year left.

Another loss, nothing new here. It's when we win it becomes surprising.

The last two penalties on the canucks were iffy, yes high sticks, but where was the cross check call?

Burrows and Booth's penalties looked eerily similar. It's almost like the Jets practice that move. Whack them from behind at the exact right spot causes the other player to lose his balance and spin around with his stick high. Then you just grab your face and fall down. Brilliant!

Burrows played his guts out. No way you can blame him for the loss. Saw at least two instances where he was tripped, of course no call. I think that chin piece is interfering with his vision down at his feet. He'll be much better with it off.

Burrows needs to not dress for a few games.

The Canucks aren't a rehab facility, they're a hockey team. If he's not ready to play at an elite level, he shouldn't be out there at all. Injury this, that, doesn't matter. They need to win hockey games, and he wasn't helping them do that before his injury, and he's actively hurting them now.

Sit him. Let the kids (who I thought had some real jump) play. 9 mil in the press box between Booth and Burrows - thanks Gillis.

As an aside, I want to see a line of Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian. A Big, tough Power Forward, a small but speedy centre who can play at both ends of the ice and a Scandanavian with some initial career consistency issues but has a great shot. I don't think the Canucks have ever had that formula work for them before ;)

Someone ???? explain to me why Booth gets crap, but Burrows gets a free pass with the coaches and fans?

'omgz he dus evytrhign rite'

'booth snt hlf the plyr burws ever was/is'

Eh he's used up all his free passes and excuses in my opinion. Ya he has had injury problems this year, that doesn't explain 4 points in 30 something games, especially making the salary he makes.

I'm thinking it's time to move Burr, might still get something decent for him and will open up a spot for younger guys coming in. At this point Id much rather keep Higgins over Burr.

He's not the only problem, but definitely not being part of the solution this season.

January is over - that was a horrible month.

What do you guys expect? Two top 6 players out, 2 top defence men out and playing with 5 d and they still pushed the Jets team that is on a roll and playing at home down to the last minute.

I am amazed they are still in a playoff spot.

Eddie looks like the real deal. This organization has been fortunate with its goaltending situation the past 6 or 7 years. They trade schnieder and eddie is picking up where he left off...lots of teams would kill for that..

Its a frustrating situation. They are sill a playoff team but will not be good enough. When do you pull the trigger? DO you keep the team as is and collect another mid range draft pick?

What a #%$#$% mess...

Archived