The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets 4, Collapsers 3

It's a process

Being positive and being a blind homer are two different things. What positives does this team even have?

Goaltending. Thats about it.

But we can take comfort that you build a team from the net out. Id protect kesler, kassian, tanev and maybe bieksa...everyone else is for sale for the right price.

At the same time lets not get too negative...you take out two top 6 forwards and two top d on any team and make them play with 5 dmen all game and even they will even make the oilers look good...

Probably because Burr has proven that he'll work his tail off, take total abuse in front of the net and come through when we need him.

Booth has not.

So Burr gets more of a free pass based on we know he has heart and will put it all out there. Booth's still being assessed on that.

Clearer?

It's a result based league. Do you know Booth personally? AFAIC he works ???? hard to keep in shape. Burrows is a different player than Booth. Booth was never a 'stand in front of net checker' like Burr.

Thats one lively building, playing old school rock songs. Got to admire the crowd.

Contrast that with the yuppie latte sipping crowd at Rogers mausoleum in vancouver and no wonder the team tends to fall asleep sometimes...

it WILL NOT happen the Canucks are a good team n we all know it if we trust the guys we have they'd start winning some games and all trade speculation will go away

They've been up and down all year. No consistancy whatsoever. At some point there's going to have to be accountability and right now, I don't blame Gillis for saying that no one is untouchable.

For me, it would be a short list. Kesler, Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Luongo,

That's the core right now.

Should keep: Hansen, Kassian, Tanev, Higgins, Lack, Stanton.

Trade bait, everyone else.

Thats one lively building, playing old school rock songs. Got to admire the crowd.

Contrast that with the yuppie latte sipping crowd at Rogers mausoleum in vancouver and no wonder the team tends to fall asleep sometimes...

We have nothing to get ???? excited about.

Last time it was loud, other than Henrik Sedin going into first place in Canucks all time scoring, it hasn't been loud since the SCF.

Burrows: 1 assist

Booth: 0

Burrows -2 17:41 ice time playing with better linemates

Booth -1 14:13 playing with less quality linemates

i get Burrows does the little things better than Booth but Burrows got a huge raise for his previous great seasons and is doing very little to earn that contract

Booth is doing the same but i would say the expectations are less

So much negativity...

I'm not even gonna bother discussing anything today. Since I know all that is going to happen is people screaming at me for being positive. So Yeah. See you all next game.

No kidding. Rebuild the team? Rebuild your respect for this team.

I thought the boys played one hell of a game tonight.

The Jets are playing very well right now, it was two good teams competing and unfortunately we were the ones that fell short. Unfortunate but considering the injuries we have on this team, I'm impressed. I think the boys definitely took a step in the right direction tonight.

- I think Hamhuis really needs to keep things simple, every time he tries to do too much he turns the puck over and is caught behind the play. When he is playing simple, he makes impressive defensive plays.

- I liked Daniels game tonight, I think he's on his way to getting out of this slump.

- Kesler stepped up tonight, great to see!

- I like Edler's play tonight as well.

- Lack was unreal!

- Not one of Burrs better games but I believe if he keeps things up he'll get one soon.

Also, I'm getting a feeling a trade is coming soon.

Too many are injured and we're losing some crucial games due to lack of depth.

It's a result based league. Do you know Booth personally? AFAIC he works ???? hard to keep in shape. Burrows is a different player than Booth. Booth was never a 'stand in front of net checker' like Burr.

If Burrows is known as a 'stand in front of net checker', Booth is a "drive to the net scorer".

But only one of them continues to work hard and do what he is known for.

No kidding. Rebuild the team? Rebuild your respect for this team.

I thought the boys played one hell of a game tonight.

The Jets are playing very well right now, it was two good teams competing and unfortunately we were the ones that fell short. Unfortunate but considering the injuries we have on this team, I'm impressed. I think the boys definitely took a step in the right direction tonight.

- I think Hamhuis really needs to keep things simple, every time he tries to do too much he turns the puck over and is caught behind the play. When he is playing simple, he makes impressive defensive plays.

- I liked Daniels game tonight, I think he's on his way to getting out of this slump.

- Kesler stepped up tonight, great to see!

- I like Edler's play tonight as well.

- Lack was unreal!

- Not one of Burrs better games but I believe if he keeps things up he'll get one soon.

Also, I'm getting a feeling a trade is coming soon.

Too many are injured and we're losing some crucial games due to lack of depth.

Canucks are probably sellers this trade deadline for the first time in a long time hopefully they can dump some contracts for young players

i am not too surprised they lost in regulation 5 defense 2 of which are rookies i am surprised it was only by one the Jets had so many chances to make this worse than it was Lack really did a solid job tonight

i know the team is keeping everything hush, hush, but there has to be multiple injuries and this team is playing more to survive than win. there's no other reason why this team could collectively suck so bad right now. they managed to at least score 3 tonight. haven't seen too much of that lately

Yep .., with ya. The coaching staff needs to find a way to motivate individual players and find what works for them. Too many new faces and survival type play. If they can't find collective chemistry, they need to look at individuals and what motives them specifically. Hopeful that sparks momentum and gets things going.

We have nothing to get ???? excited about.

Last time it was loud, other than Henrik Sedin going into first place in Canucks all time scoring, it hasn't been loud since the SCF.

That stadium has always been a loud place, even before they lost the team. Canucks play in a really quiet building. This has little to do with their record this year but I wish that they would play some lively music like they do in Boston, Chicago and even Winnipeg.

I also suppose that those who can afford to consistently spend a trillion dollars for their seats tend to be a little more reserved than the blue collar guys that could go to every game in the past.

Archived