The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets 4, Collapsers 3

It's a process

Burrows -2 17:41 ice time playing with better linemates

Booth -1 14:13 playing with less quality linemates

i get Burrows does the little things better than Booth but Burrows got a huge raise for his previous great seasons and is doing very little to earn that contract

Booth is doing the same but i would say the expectations are less

I should think the expectations are less. Booth hasn't done a damned thing to earn his paycheck since he arrived here from Florida. Alex Burrows has been a warrior, and an underpaid one for most of his tenure as a Canuck. So Burrows has an exemplary track record and a considerable body of work that can be pointed too. He has considerable good will banked with most fair minded fans. David Booth, not so much.

And Burrows is playing with a broken jaw. Which can be, you know, a bit of a hindrance in the NHL.

Is it just me, or does it seem like some people are only fans of our team when they are winning ???

Impossible - I've been a fan for 37 years - can't be because of their "winning".

Yes...they can't win them all.

But just once, I want to see the Stanley Cup Champions Banner raised in our roof.

Is that too much to ask? ;)

Why is burrows on the PP? Why is Booth still on this team? When will Tortelini stop burning our few star players out? Where has the hitting gone? How come M.G. is still the G.M. after failing do add one single top 6 player on this team in the last 3 years? Where are the owners in all this and why have they not put M.G.'s head on a platter?

I should think the expectations are less. Booth hasn't done a damned thing to earn his paycheck since he arrived here from Florida. Alex Burrows has been a warrior, and an underpaid one for most of his tenure as a Canuck. So Burrows has an exemplary track record and a considerable body of work that can be pointed too. He has considerable good will banked with most fair minded fans. David Booth, not so much.

And Burrows is playing with a broken jaw. Which can be, you know, a bit of a hindrance in the NHL.

i don't doubt that i am sure that cage is screwing with his vision he probably has a couple goals without that think on

Canucks are probably sellers this trade deadline for the first time in a long time hopefully they can dump some contracts for young players

i am not too surprised they lost in regulation 5 defense 2 of which are rookies i am surprised it was only by one the Jets had so many chances to make this worse than it was Lack really did a solid job tonight

I'm not opposed to trading for young assets but I'll believe a rebuild when I see it.

All I see is a team struggling from injuries and lack of chemistry.

I think Gillis is staying with this group but will change a few things around to shape the team into a contender again.

Why is burrows on the PP? Why is Booth still on this team? When will Tortelini stop burning our few star players out? Where has the hitting gone? How come M.G. is still the G.M. after failing do add one single top 6 player on this team in the last 3 years? Where are the owners in all this and why have they not put M.G.'s head on a platter?

RU SERIOUS?

seriously dude, I have no problems with you...

but if your laying any type of blame on lack for that loss, you need to find a new sport to follow..(I suggest badminton)

Lack was amazing and the only reason this game didn't turn into a blowout..

I'm not blaming Lack at all. Just saying he should have had those 2 goals. He made some outstanding saves tonight.

But, like the criticism Luongo receives, sometimes 1 more save is all we need to get a win.

I'm blaming Burrows for taking a stupid penalty near the end of the game.

Is it just me, or does it seem like some people are only fans of our team when they are winning ???

No, there are different types of fans.

The sky is falling fans, who love to say this is the worst team in the NHL when they are losing, and the best team in the NHL when they win 3 games in a row.

The rose colored glasses fans, who will never say anything bad about the team, no matter how badly they are playing. These are usually the fans who call people bandwagoners for questioning the play of the team.

The realistic fans, who don't get too excited when the team is winning and don't get too down when the team is losing. Usually look at the team objectively and will give praise when deserved, but will also criticize when it's deserved.

That doesn't mean they are not fans, just makes them look like they are giving up to the people who are always "Go Team Go". Really that's not the case, and all 3 types of fans want the team to succeed, but all 3 types of fans see the game totally different. Neither is better than the other.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but this game actually rebuilt my confidence for this team.

Down 2-0 in the first 7 minutes, and still manage to make it a game. This Winnipeg team has been playing GREAT recently, so I think there's something to take away from putting the pressure on them in their own barn.

I still believe we need to get rid of a D-man for some Forward(s), but I'm a lot less "off with their heads" than I was this morning.

(I actually cheered when we scored during the game; haven't done that in a while. A sign of hope?)

No update on Weber, waiting for news. Will "probably" have to call someone up per Sully.

this is brutal Hamhuis is going to have to go back to playing 30 minutes a game having up and down moments all game were going to need our goalies to steal some games it's going to be a shooting gallery

I was at the game here in Winnipeg. I have never seen such an inconsistent team in my life... This team looked extremely unmotivated, they were trying to get fancy wayyy too much, they werent shooting, and they can't clear the zone to save their lives... But that being said, when they were able to get the puck going they looked very good, and just had a lot of unlucky bounces. We were looking strong towards the end, but some late penalties really killed us.

A quote from a reporter: "@pwilliamsNHL Loooooooooooong wait for Sullivan. Canucks' room was a morgue"

That doesn't sound good at all, sounds like the morale is at an all time low. We need something to change, be it the Olympic break, Torts coming back, or a trade (big or small). I don't care what it is, but it needs to happen soon.

We needed Hamhuis to bury his golden chances, I though he had an abysmal game with lots of giveaways and missed opportunities. We also need Burrows and Daniel to step it up already. We need these things badly.

Fully agree, that feed from daniel where hamhuis hesitated for a good couple seconds and allowed pavelec to get in position was brutal

Really? It's not always the refs fault. Wah Wah Wah.

The team that played better tonight won and the Burrows penalty was completely legit. Booth call was a bit weak because he was crosschecked first but those are marginal calls.. Refs didn't decide the game tonight.

Both guys should have gone off...1 for roughing 1 for high-sticking...but as usual the zebras only catch the tail-end of it or the retaliation...which was Booth's high-stick to the face. Booth was very careless with his stick. But - what burns me more...is that Burrows does a re-peater just minutes after seeing that happen.

Both penalties were momentun-killers... and Booth is totally making a habit of it. Healthy scratch Booth...cut Burr's minutes...'cuz guys with far more discipline & smarts deserve their shot.

Archived