The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets 4, Collapsers 3

It's a process

Both guys should have gone off...1 for roughing I for high-sticking...but asusual the zebras only catch the tail-end of it or the retaliation...which was high-sticking to the face. Booth was careless with his stick. What burns me more...is that Burrows doers a re-peater just minutes after seeing that happen. Both were momentun killers. And - Booth is making a habit of it. Healthy scratch Booth...cut Burr's minutes...guys with far more discipline & smarts deserve their shot.

There were a lot of missed calls for both teams. The refs were letting the game go, which I liked. Created fast pace hockey.

Re Greenbean comments. Well said. A lot of fans complaining about the situation we're in - do care about the team enough to say something, rather than hold the party line like the homers on Sportsnet. If we start complaining enough and stop spending money maybe the owner will get off their duff and take action. Even the most rose colored glass wearing Canuck fan knows this team is 3 years behind in bringing about change - so where is it?

There were a lot of missed calls for both teams. The refs were letting the game go, which I liked. Created fast pace hockey.

of course missed calls happen but how much more do the Canucks and Burrows have to put up with the multiple missed calls just because it's Burrows has nothing to do with a refs vision or letting them play it is pure bias against him for a couple events it's annoying as a fan i can't imagine how Burrows must feel

No, there are different types of fans.

The sky is falling fans, who love to say this is the worst team in the NHL when they are losing, and the best team in the NHL when they win 3 games in a row.

The rose colored glasses fans, who will never say anything bad about the team, no matter how badly they are playing. These are usually the fans who call people bandwagoners for questioning the play of the team.

The realistic fans, who don't get too excited when the team is winning and don't get too down when the team is losing. Usually look at the team objectively and will give praise when deserved, but will also criticize when it's deserved.

That doesn't mean they are not fans, just makes them look like they are giving up to the people who are always "Go Team Go". Really that's not the case, and all 3 types of fans want the team to succeed, but all 3 types of fans see the game totally different. Neither is better than the other.

to expand on this thought.

Not every fan that is positive has rose colored glasses and not every fan that is negetive is objective.

"Boo, this team sucks. Tank, trade everyone, we suck" is not constructive. It's just whining.

"Really liking what I see in Horvat and maybe could help out next year along winth some good signing when we have cap space again" is not rose colored glasses.

No one is an elite fan here, though. Cheer how you want, though I see no point in those that never have anything constructive to say. No point in being miserable all the time, they should take a break. (just advice, calm down angry ones)

Just for the record on anyone wondering why the GWG shouldn't have counted.

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

Lack is trying to come out to challenge a point shot, Wheeler is standing in the blue paint screening him. Lack puts his glove on Wheeler's back. From that moment incidental contact within the crease has occured and any resulting goal is illegal. If this exact same play happens and Wheeler is outside the crease it's a good goal because Eddie initiated contact, but because Wheler is in the crease he cannot prevent Lack from making a save.

That's an incomplete list.

Not every fan that is positive has rose colored galsses and not every fan that is negetive is objective.

"Boo, this team sucks. Tank, trade everyone, we suck" is not constructive. It's just whining.

"Really liking what I see in Horvat and maybe could help out next year along winth some good signing when we have cap space again" is not rose colored glasses.

No, I understand that not every positive fan is a rose colored glasses fan. I would put your Horvat example into the objective type of fan. They usually know that there is positives that this team does have, but they also realize they have weaknesses. I classify myself in that category, and I am super excited for the next couple of years with our young guys coming into the line up.

The "Boo this team sucks" fans would be the sky is falling/Best team ever fans, they're the ones who flip flop between this being the worst team ever or the best team ever every few games.

The rose colored glasses guys are the ones who just can't stand to hear anything negative said about the team, and think the team is playing great at all times.

A gutless game by a gutless team. The retool needs to happen now and the first to go should be the twin $7 M anchors keeping this ship moored in the dock.

Sedins are going nowhere not only did they just get signed and are the leaders of this team but a team would have to take both of them that trade will never happen

The place was buzzing after that Setoguchi goal and the final minute of the 3rd period.

Glad they showed respect to Luongo in the Olympic ceremony; received the loudest cheers out of all the players (even the Jets).

Defense was awful, but Lack made some unreal saves.

Just for the record on anyone wondering why the GWG shouldn't have counted.

Lack is trying to come out to challenge a point shot, Wheeler is standing in the blue paint screening him. Lack puts his glove on Wheeler's back. From that moment incidental contact within the crease has occured and any resulting goal is illegal. If this exact same play happens and Wheeler is outside the crease it's a good goal because Eddie initiated contact, but because Wheler is in the crease he cannot prevent Lack from making a save.

buddy please..... if we score that goal and it gets called back this whole site would melt down and deb would have to check herself into a mental facility over how bad the world is out to get us..... no one else in the world thinks that GWG should not have counted...

buddy please..... if we score that goal and it gets called back this whole site would melt down and deb would have to check herself into a mental facility over how bad the world is out to get us..... no one else in the world thinks that GWG should not have counted...

It's literally right there in the rulebook, and it has happened to the Canucks before

Very good game to watch enjoyed it all the way, our offensive was really good we had alot of chances and the pinching, well done.

Defensively though the game would have been over early if Lack didn't make all those big saves about 5-6 of them. Our defense coverage is terrible, Corrado wasn't covering his man on one play and then just 4 guys up at our own blueline in our own end leading to a goal. Lack should have had the first goal but he made so many to make up for it so not alot to blame on his part.

I have never seen a team that can make a complete mess of an odd man rush more than the Canucks!

it's almost like they get so excited that it's happening and get nervous, always a shot from the outside or someone tries a highlight reel deke and the play goes dead fster than it began, very frustrating to watch.

And what's the deal with Daniel and slapshots this season? his bread and butter has been wristers and one touch redirects, yet he's always slapping it now.

I really don't think this is the team to play Tort's style hockey, Block and counter is not the way this team was built, so IMO either start the re-tool now or make another coaching change in the offseason, cause it ain't working.

Archived