The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rebuild Schmibuild

precipice

All this talk about trades, rebuild, where is the super talent to replace our core coming from?

The twins, Kes, Lu et al are all older and well paid. Who is going to take them in exchange for giving up better players?

All this trade talk assumes that other teams are panting to get our core and give us something better. Yes we have to trade, but we will get players who are possibilities, not proven. It is going to be a long haul.

AV took us there and if it were not for the injury Gods we would have a cup. The team built upon the twins is over. Here we are 2/3 into the season and fighting to stay in the top half, fighting for a wild card spot. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Painfull yes, but necessary? Yes. Do it now and get it overwith.

All this talk about trades, rebuild, where is the super talent to replace our core coming from?

The twins, Kes, Lu et al are all older and well paid. Who is going to take them in exchange for giving up better players?

All this trade talk assumes that other teams are panting to get our core and give us something better. Yes we have to trade, but we will get players who are possibilities, not proven. It is going to be a long haul.

AV took us there and if it were not for the injury Gods we would have a cup. The team built upon the twins is over. Here we are 2/3 into the season and fighting to stay in the top half, fighting for a wild card spot. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Painfull yes, but necessary? Yes. Do it now and get it overwith.

If you're expecting a Buffalo-type dismantling, you will be disappointed.

As for a rebuild:

Kassian - 23

Stanton - 24

Tanev - 24

Sestito - 26

Dalpe - 24

Weber - 25

Schroeder - 23

Archibald - 23

Lain - 24

Corrado - 20

Lack - 26

Horvat - 18

Shinkaruk - 19

I would tend to say that the rebuild is indeed in its process.

Kesler has trade value.

Edler has trade value.

Bieksa has trade value.

Tanev has trade value.

Higgins has trade value.

Richardson has trade value.

Hansen has trade value.

Luongo/Lack have trade value.

Stanton has reasonable value.

Weise is trash, but someone will take him.

Schroeder has value in the east.

People will fight for those players.

Daniel, Henrik, Kassian, Burrows, Booth, Sestito, Hamhuis, Garrison will all stay probably for each reason.

They didn't win together, but they have a place on at least one of the 29 other teams in the NHL.

If you're expecting a Buffalo-type dismantling, you will be disappointed.

As for a rebuild:

Kassian - 23

Stanton - 24

Tanev - 24

Sestito - 26

Dalpe - 24

Weber - 25

Schroeder - 23

Archibald - 23

Lain - 24

Corrado - 20

Lack - 26

Horvat - 18

Shinkaruk - 19

I would tend to say that the rebuild is indeed in its process.

Thats what I'm saying too Gillis has everything planned out behind the scenes. smart GM if you think about it. Canucks will be fine.

People may hate me, but don't fire Gillis.

The only way Kesler is traded is if Gillis is offered something phenominal. Anything short of that Kes stays put.

nah, i'd rather part with Kesler now, if it meant we could get our hands on a young player to help with the transition period coming up.

nah, i'd rather part with Kesler now, if it meant we could get our hands on a young player to help with the transition period coming up.

not to mention we're gonna have to pay him 7x7 in 2 years. Totally not worth it. Best to move him while he still has years on his contract.

As for a rebuild:

Kassian - 23

Stanton - 24

Tanev - 24

Sestito - 26

Dalpe - 24

Weber - 25

Schroeder - 23

Archibald - 23

Lain - 24

Corrado - 20

Lack - 26

One game changer in the lot and that is Eddie Lack.

This franchise would be bankrupt without the Swedish scouts.

I think Kesler would have a lot of trade value, actually

To add to a contender for a playoff run? Abso-freakin-lutely! That's the type of move that could land us an absolute stud.

That said, I don't see it happening mid-season. They're still in a playoff spot, but dealing Kesler would basically throw the playoffs. But if they get swept again, or miss altogether, I could see a Kesler trade as a possibility. You never know when he's going to get hurt again, either.

not to mention we're gonna have to pay him 7x7 in 2 years. Totally not worth it. Best to move him while he still has years on his contract.

proof not to mention the fact i think Gillis has learned from his long term deals he could of easily signed the Sedins to 5-7 years the same with Burrows even Garrison he only gave 5 years the longest going to Edler with 6 years but at his age that's almost a given

Kesler will be 32 when his contract is up there is no way Gillis if he is here still signs him to 7 years

Would have to be a first round top ten pick, or a young projected first or second line center IMO. Is he worth that ? Debatable some nights, but he's our second line center who has a few elite intangibles and that's so hard to replace.

Archived