The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Alex edler still be a Canuck after March 5th?

billabong

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty simple really, after hearing the Canucks aren't going for rentals this year and if they were to make a move it would be for youth. Lebrun reported that edlers name is an interesting one because there would be about 10 teams interested in his services.

I know he a has a NTC but the question still stands, will he stay or will he go?

Personally, I honestly think he will get dealt

Pretty simple really, after hearing the Canucks aren't going for rentals this year and if they were to make a move it would be for youth. Lebrun reported that edlers name is an interesting one because there would be about 10 teams interested in his services.

I know he a has a NTC but the question still stands, will he stay or will he go?

Personally, I honestly think he will get dealt

It's possible. That's for sure.

Hamhuis, Stanton, and Tanev must stay. Probably Bieksa as well since he's one of the leaders on the team. That leaves just Edler and Garrison who might go, seeing as we are retooling. I personally wouldn't mind if Edler stayed, but if he has enough value, we should trade him.

Edler for ROR is what I propose. Maybe Edler for Wayne Simmonds and Read :bigblush:

I don't think the Flyers would want to move Simmonds. He has been one of their MVPs this season and is a big reason why the Flyers are still in the thick of things.

However, if Edler is indeed put on the market we could get a lot for him because there are so many teams that can use him. Imagine if we were able to lure Couturier and Coburn out of Philly for Edler (and maybe something else). I think we could get maximum value out of Edler at the deadline. Like I said, a lot of teams would need his services.

Detroit would be all over Edler too. Edler for Danny DeKeyser, Tomas Jurco and Joakim Andersson would instantly add some more young bodies to a team that is still competitive. That type of trade I would do in a heartbeat.

If we get anything close to whats being suggested on this topic I'll be in shock. I'll be ecstatic, but in shock. I'v never seen a player who can be the best player on the ice any given night, but most nights he's one of the worst. Sure he has offensive upside but defensively he just isn't good on a nightly basis. People always talk about his size but he does not use it.

Edler needs to go and he needs to go now. I agree his value is still relatively high but I only see it going down from here. Then it will be difficult to get rid of that contract. Does anyone actually watch him on a nightly basis and say to themselves, "Yes I'm glad he's a Canuck for 5 more years!". How Could you? Honestly.

As for the NTC, I get the feeling he doesn't give a crap where he plays because thats how he plays. Please Gillis do it now!

This is getting ridiculous!!

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A PLAYER PLAYING FOR A PLAYOFF TEAM WAIVED THEIR NTC MID-SEASON?

Oh I don't know....how about NEVER!!

If I see another Edler/Booth trade thread I'm gonna lose my mind!

By the trade deadline comes it is unlikely The Canucks will be in a playoff spot. Phoenix is going to pass the Canucks soon for the 8 seed.

Edler for ROR is what I propose. Maybe Edler for Wayne Simmonds and Read :bigblush:

I seriously doubt Colorado would do that. Edler just isn't performing up to his contract right now and that is what a lot of people are failing to acccount for in these trade scenarios.

The Canucks fans opinion of Edler is funny. The majority of Canucks fans don't like him and think losing him would be no big deal but a lot of those same people think others teams will give up top players for him.

I really don't think the Canucks could get much back for him.

I think he'll get dealt for nothing short of an overpayment just before the deadline.

This is getting ridiculous!!

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A PLAYER PLAYING FOR A PLAYOFF TEAM WAIVED THEIR NTC MID-SEASON?

Oh I don't know....how about NEVER!!

If I see another Edler/Booth trade thread I'm gonna lose my mind!

Marian Gaborik

the fact that all of the [proposals on this forum are Edler for O'reilly proposals should be a signal that he's

A. underperforming

B. fans hate him

It's also a sign that

A. if we are begging for this deal, and avs fans are completely opposed to it, it's not going to happen.

B. pls

Archived