The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philadelphia and Holmgren did the right things

Cucumber

I am sorry but comparing 6 players stats to two doesn't mean you won the trade.

Especially since all six are playing in the east and Richards/Carter are playing in the west.

Look at both carter and richards totals since they became a king way lower. If they were still on the flyers they would be having much better point totals(70-85 points).

Flyers clearly lost the trade.

Flyers are my favourite team from the east and as much as I like Voracek, Simmonds and Couts,

Cups won since the trades for LA= 1

Cups won for Philly since the trades= 0

Well thats kinda the desired outcome of a trade like that. Obv Philly don't really care about what LA does, but it's not like they're adding any banners by not making the move. Thur goalie and D is still suspect tho.

Flyers are my favourite team from the east and as much as I like Voracek, Simmonds and Couts,

Cups won since the trades for LA= 1

Cups won for Philly since the trades= 0

I am sorry but comparing 6 players stats to two doesn't mean you won the trade.

Especially since all six are playing in the east and Richards/Carter are playing in the west.

Look at both carter and richards totals since they became a king way lower. If they were still on the flyers they would be having much better point totals(70-85 points).

Flyers clearly lost the trade.

Hardly. PHI only traded Richards to LA directly. LA went out and got Carter in a separate deal from Columbus.

If you look at what PHI received for Richards and Carter, those are great trades. What Holmgren needed desperately after was a #1 defenseman (after the fall of Chris Pronger) and a legitimate NHL starting goaltender. LA, on the other hand, already had a deep defense with a #1 in Doughty and arguably the NHL's best goaltender in Jonathan Quick. So no surprise that with the team that they already had, LA won the Cup with their new additions.

PHI did not lose the trade with LA - they got fair value for Richards. It's just that LA's Lombardi made a chain of great moves to win a championship. So just because LA did it with 2 of PHI's former star players doesn't mean PHI lost the trade since Richards and Carter were attained in separate deals from different teams.

Archived