The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

Your posts get worse and worse. Again, feel free to show us evidence that he's not fast enough since we've already given you something to say he is. It's that simple. Don't make it more complex than it is so you can avoid the point.
It wasn't all that complicated, really. The talk wasn't there before today, after he was traded, but i'm just laughing at 'Weise the speedster' comments based on meaningless fan spectacle races that i've certainly just discredited.

Perhaps it's not worth it to bicker about the speed levels of a departed 4th liner, but here we are.

He's not that fast at all, based on him not appearing in-game on any speed-related plays. Evidence that he's a cheapshot artist is plentiful this season, however.

If he was fast, he'd be involved in more offensive plays, more hits and more blocked shots.

My initial analysis stands. (It's part of why he was dumped.)

learn how to not constantly get turnstiled by average players in his zone. stop putting passes directly on the tape of opposition players in his zone. learn how to clear the zone. hit the net with a shot. skate faster than i can.

ah that's funny you think you can skate faster than an NHL player cute

he has 139 shots so he knows how to hit the net getting 2.48 a game also those 139 shots puts him 7th in the NHL for defense and points he is 26th so again for what he is getting paid he is doing fine and one of rare bright spots on defense

I think this means that we're going to trade a D-Man soon. Probably a deal involving Edler and Ryan O'Reilly.

this

underrated move by MG

Weiss - let's be honest - offers nothing

Diaz- 18 minute a night nhl d man consistently, plays the right side - and what do you know? Bieksa, Tanev, Weber all injured, yup you guessed it, all play the right side.

When all are d men are healthy, now we have one too many D men! 4 Left side D, 3 Right side D all NHL regulars, so we can finally move a Dman

I hope it is Edler for ROR or a centerman that can play 2C minutes, is young and tough with skill.

I also do not think it is out of the question that we resign Diaz at seasons end with the cap going up. I know we have corrado but Diaz brings NHL depth to the R side.

Booom

MG out GMs the field

this

underrated move by MG

Weiss - let's be honest - offers nothing

Diaz- 18 minute a night nhl d man consistently, plays the right side - and what do you know? Bieksa, Tanev, Weber all injured, yup you guessed it, all play the right side.

When all are d men are healthy, now we have one too many D men! 4 Left side D, 3 Right side D all NHL regulars, so we can finally move a Dman

I hope it is Edler for ROR or a centerman that can play 2C minutes, is young and tough with skill.

I also do not think it is out of the question that we resign Diaz at seasons end with the cap going up. I know we have corrado but Diaz brings NHL depth to the R side.

Booom

MG out GMs the field

Give up the O'Reilly to Van bs...He is not coming barring overpayment and we already have Horvat and Gaunce in the system so why overpay for him when going to cost minimum 6.5 to keep? better options out there

It wasn't all that complicated, really. The talk wasn't there before today, after he was traded, but i'm just laughing at 'Weise the speedster' comments based on meaningless fan spectacle races that i've certainly just discredited.

Perhaps it's not worth it to bicker about the speed levels of a departed 4th liner, but here we are.

He's not that fast at all, based on him not appearing in-game on any speed-related plays. Evidence that he's a cheapshot artist is plentiful this season, however.

If he was fast, he'd be involved in more offensive plays, more hits and more blocked shots.

he's had slugs on his line all year. you can't just skate really fast into the offensive zone when your linemates are still at your blue line.

this ring a bell?

Garrison took less money to sign here, and he's from White Rock...why would we trade him?

Because he can get us the highest return out of all of our defense not naming Tanev and Hamhuis

The fact is he doesn't play a physical game, he doesn't clear the crease effectively and he doesn't have the shot accuracy that we need him to have

He was brought in to replace Salo and other than staying healthy due to a lack of physical game, he hasn't done anything close to that expectation. That's why we need to sell high on him while he's having a decent offensive season instead of selling low on Edler while he's having the worst season of his career

EDIT: the fact that he's from white rock only contributes to the fact that he wants to play here, this the home town discount... That's not a legit reason to not trade him consider Edler signed for less than what he could've gotten on UFA market as well

ah that's funny you think you can skate faster than an NHL player cute

he has 139 shots so he knows how to hit the net getting 2.48 a game also those 139 shots puts him 7th in the NHL for defense and points he is 26th so again for what he is getting paid he is doing fine and one of rare bright spots on defense

convenient that you only replied to a joke and a statement about shots. what about the rest that i mentioned, you know, the basics of being a defenseman?

I think it's worth reiterating a point that was posted earlier in this thread but may have been overlooked:

• Diaz was 4th in the NHL in points per 60 minutes of 5 on 4 play last year. Weircioch was #1 with Subban and Franson at 2 and 3.

He got more time with top guys for Montreal out for various reasons. With Subban and Markov back he just hasn't gotten the PP time he did during the shortened season and is redundant with all the NHL defencemen and prospects the Canadiens have.

Him being traded for Weise isn't an indictment of his play, although I always recommend people temper their expectations to not think Diaz is suddenly going to replace what Ehrhoff did for us a few years ago.

Yes, his situational play has changed - he went from playing 85% of his ice time with Gorges - to playing with Douglas Murray - a huge downgrade in partners, let alone the forward lines that are on the ice with the third pairing as opposed to more opportune minutes. Murray's underlying numbers are rather horrible (as usual) - Diaz's are good and comparatively - very good. Of course his offensive production will dip, as will the goals/60 allowed with Murray as a partner, but I think that article that outlines why dealing him was a bad idea sums it up nicely. Diaz is better than appears at first glance imo - and good enough to provide the depth option the team needs right now.

The Habs may feel they have a better young pmd in Beaulieu - that may be the case - but not in the present.

Regardless, Diaz is a very good player to identify under those circumstances. Do people expect to receive Karlsson or Keith 2.0 in exchange for Dale Weise? Bottom line, imo is that a player who can fulfill a third pairing role (with situational upside) is a more pivotal asset than an average fourth line winger, which is what I think Weise is.

:picard:

Still more words without evidence to back them up. Glad you totally discredited the skills competition as an illusion done with smoke an mirrors to help explain how Weise couldn't have possibly skated fast at any point ever.

Why I bother replying to you... :sadno:

learn how to not constantly get turnstiled by average players in his zone. stop putting passes directly on the tape of opposition players in his zone. learn how to clear the zone. hit the net with a shot. skate faster than i can.

You are pretty critical for someone who plays in the NHL, wait you do playnin the NHL dont you?? Dude you sound pretty stupid

Because he can get us the highest return out of all of our defense not naming Tanev and Hamhuis

The fact is he doesn't play a physical game, he doesn't clear the crease effectively and he doesn't have the shot accuracy that we need him to have

He was brought in to replace Salo and other than staying healthy due to a lack of physical game, he hasn't done anything close to that expectation. That's why we need to sell high on him while he's having a decent offensive season instead of selling low on Edler while he's having the worst season of his career

EDIT: the fact that he's from white rock only contributes to the fact that he wants to play here, this the home town discount... That's not a legit reason to not trade him consider Edler signed for less than what he could've gotten on UFA market as well

that's another good point. why be built like a tank if you're going to play softer than chris tanev?

convenient that you only replied to a joke and a statement about shots. what about the rest that i mentioned, you know, the basics of being a defenseman?

i guess you missed the giveaway and takeaway stats i posted but hey lets just assume how much a player turns over the puck without any stats to back it up like Heffy with Edler

Still more words without evidence to back them up. Glad you totally discredited the skills competition as an illusion done with smoke an mirrors to help explain how Weise couldn't have possibly skated fast at any point ever.
Do you honestly believe that he was the fastest player on the team? Straight question. Probably won't get a straight answer.

Archived