The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

Beaten by Ballard in the conclusive evidence shown in a 'who cares' showcase for fans in order to determine the fastest on the team: Mason Raymond and Jannik Hansen. Yup, i'd put a lot of weight in that.

Sadly, I guess the Canucks are truly that slow now a team to get even the CDC braintrust to believe that Dale Weise is a speedster. (Hmmm, if only we saw that in actual gameplay.)

Now that we got rid of our 'speedster', again, let's just hope that Diaz's cherry-picked advanced stats translate into him being a player who isn't a healthy scratch night after night and who can fully recover from the massive concussion that affected his career quite negatively late last season. Oh wait, Diaz is just a panic pickup due to injuries.

TOML, stop acting like a baby and accept Weise is a fast skater and that you made a mistake. Getting ridiculous how far you've defenced yourself thus far so many pages through yet can't admit a fricken mistake on an Internet forum of all things...Raymond was fast and Ballard was too. If you disagree, you must have the wrong players in mind. Ballard was a wicked skater and one of the best attributes he bought to the table with his game.

...whether or not it was in a game situation or not doesn't matter, ultimately, he was the fastest skater. Using a skills competition to back your claim/make a point is dumb otherwise I can say Chara doesn't have the hardest shot cause he did it in a skills competition...

This is an excellent move, both short and medium term. We move a player we can easily replace for one that plugs a gaping hole in our D. With 3 right-shooting D currently injured, bringing in someone to fill that position makes complete sense unless we want to tank this season intentionally. That Diaz is a puck-mover who can play 18 minutes a game is a big win for us. He might turn out to be a rental or he might not. If he really can make a difference in us getting out of our zone and perhaps distributing the puck on the PP, then I expect he'll be sticking around longer. Sad thing is that if this experiment is successful, it increases the chances of Tanev being dealt. I really don't want to see that, but if the return is there, well then ...

i guess you missed the giveaway and takeaway stats i posted but hey lets just assume how much a player turns over the puck without any stats to back it up like Heffy with Edler

Someone the other day was suggesting we trade Garrison for MacDonald from NYI because Garrison misses the net to much. I nicely pointed out that Garrison has more than twice as many shots yet the same amount of missed shots to correct him.

If tas wants to make a statement like Garrison being terrible on missed shots, I encourage him to look up the league leaders in shots/missed shots and do a percentage based comparison to see just how Garrison stacks up.

Do you honestly believe that he was the fastest player on the team? Straight question. Probably won't get a straight answer.

Again, that's not my point - nor your original point. Your point - the one I'm responding to and that you've been arguing this whole time - is that Weise needed to improve his speed. The replies to your point have given evidence that he's already pretty fast, something you haven't been able to refute.

Speaking of straight answers, that was a complete non-answer.

"Hey, I know you asked a question, but here's another question and I'll avoid answering the one you asked."

TOML, stop acting like a baby and accept Weise is a fast skater and that you made a mistake. Getting ridiculous how far you've defenced yourself thus far so many pages through yet can't admit a fricken mistake on an Internet forum of all things...Raymond was fast and Ballard was too. If you disagree, you must have the wrong players in mind. Ballard was a wicked skater and one of the best attributes he bought to the table with his game.

...whether or not it was in a game situation or not doesn't matter, ultimately, he was the fastest skater. Using an skills competing to back your claim is dumb otherwise I can say Chara doesn't have the hardest shot cause he did it in a skills competition...

Sigh... And to think we used to have Grabner and Raymond on the same team. There wasn't much of this asinine debate back then, was there?

'No, Dale Weise burns it up, dude.'

Really?

We are slowwwwwwwwww...

Someone the other day was suggesting we trade Garrison for MacDonald from NYI because Garrison misses the net to much. I nicely pointed out that Garrison has more than twice as many shots yet the same amount of missed shots to correct him.

If tas wants to make a statement like Garrison being terrible on missed shots, I encourage him to look up the league leaders in shots/missed shots and do a percentage based comparison to see just how Garrison stacks up.

that will never happen just like Heffy now tas seems to have the mindset that Garrison is terrible because he says so no stats to actually back up his argument

Those results also indicated that Ballard was faster than Raymond and Hansen. Also correct?

Or maybe the skills competition, which features no helmets and little kids on the ice, isn't to be taken seriously at all.

They were wearing helmets during the speed competition. I think the competition is real.

Also, why would they slow down in that competition? They would love to beat each other's times.

As commented by others, the more you backtrack like you do now, the more you look like a fool. Admit that you were haste in your original statement and then you won't have to bother making these nonsensical replies that contradict your original point.

that will never happen just like Heffy now tas seems to have the mindset that Garrison is terrible because he says so no stats to actually back up his argument

have you watched a game? garrison constantly looks lost in all zones. literally his only strength is his shot, and he isn't putting picks in the net this year which effectively makes him useless.

toml, you made this so much bigger than it really was and can't admit a mistake on an online forum to correct it. Instead, you've snowballed it and hey dude, let me tell you it's hard to say I was wrong but at the end, it makes you seem like a much more reasonable person instead of continually making the situation worse than it is.

Again, that's not my point - nor your original point. Your point - the one I'm responding to and that you've been arguing this whole time - is that Weise needed to improve his speed. The replies to your point have given evidence that he's already pretty fast, something you haven't been able to refute.

Speaking of straight answers, that was a complete non-answer.

"Hey, I know you asked a question, but here's another question and I'll avoid answering the one you asked."

...hope you can get some fresh air, breathe that stuff in and realize what you've said, cheers.

have you watched a game? garrison constantly looks lost in all zones. literally his only strength is his shot, and he isn't putting picks in the net this year which effectively makes him useless.

6 goals 3 off the top 10 for defense along with 14 other players you proved my point other than your own opinion you have nothing to back up your argument come back with stats

6 goals 3 off the top 10 for defense along with 14 other players you proved my point other than your own opinion you have nothing to back up your argument come back with stats

stats are rarely accurately indicative of play.

Archived