The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

He has 11 assists this year, playing about 10 less games than the Canucks d-men; which I guess would be just on par with what people like Hamhuis have been producing. This is while averaging 16-17 minutes a night, where guys like Hamhuis often go 25+ (see: game against Winnipeg).

Weise had no brain. Even in the games he scored, he'd frack up on the same shift in his own zone. Thank ???? god. Peace out weise

Thank you someone with actual knowledge of how Weiss played....he did have some offensive ability for a 4th line guy but man he made some horrible plays in the D Zone....see Chicago game for most recent...the guys can't get the puck out along the wall in the D zone if his life depended upon it.

If Edler is going to be moved then our D stacks like this I assume:

Hammer - Tanev/Juice

Garrison - Juice/Tanev

Stanton - Diaz

Weber

That is still a solid D corps. I just hope if Edler is moved that we get something tangible in return that will help us for more than this season.

I like the trade. We, in the words of other teams, are a tough team to play against now. Losing a "gritty" 4th liner for offense when we are starved for offense is a great move. Well done Gillis, hopefully more to come.

Dang a sad day to see the departure of Dale Weise. At the only Canucks game i've ever been to, i was down at ice level in the pre game trying to get the players' attention. Dale was the only one who looked and even gave me a wink. Plus i'm a guy. Takes a lot of heart and true man to do that. What he brought on the ice maybe wasn't as cool as the way he rapped the words to every song in warmup, but he will be missed in one facet or another.

Farewell Dale

Archived