The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What did Tortorella say before the game today?

vcrguy

Call out Burrows, call out the Sedins, call out Kesler.

These guys are supposed to be the leaders on this team and the ones to lead us out of this funk.

No disrespect to Henrik, but I think there needs to be a captain change next season. Give it to Juice, maybe he can get something out of this group.

Call out Burrows, call out the Sedins, call out Kesler.

These guys are supposed to be the leaders on this team and the ones to lead us out of this funk.

No disrespect to Henrik, but I think there needs to be a captain change next season. Give it to Juice, maybe he can get something out of this group.

i said this in the Boston GDT i will mention it here too

i can see Torts at the end of the season forcing Henrik to give up the captaincy and it's something that needs to be done people can call it just a letter but players are different when they wear that letter and teams play different when certain players are leading their teams

if we lose all of our games till the end of the season (which is possible) - we'll get McDavid :)

wrong year this year is Ekblad and Reinhart but even with the Canucks slump i can't see us getting a top 3 pick those are basically pegged for Florida Edmonton Buffalo and possibly Calgary

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/02/03/canucks-wings-van-provies-look-whos-back-torts-returns-and-its-in-a-big-blustery-way/

Pre-game:

We have some thinking to do here as far as where we are as a hockey club here, as far as personnel and as far as what players think and how they have to play.

Do players believe they can win? There’s a lot of questions that need to be asked here.

We are going to push. We’ve tried it another way. We’ve talked about confidence. We need to own where we are as a hockey club. We need to face it.

Judging from what I watched in the past couple of weeks, we’re not even close.

Post-game:

Yes, yes.

We need to change the complexion of our hockey club. Either with our play or with different hockey people.

Because we look like a slow hockey team. We are going to keep on banging away to try to get better.

But I tell you, it’s frustrating to see the same looks. It worries.

Archived