The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Kane's tearful post game comments

Chalky

http://www.chicagotr...0,3833070.story

Patrick Kane, the guy I love to hate brought tears to my eyes last night. After getting the word that his Grandfather had died before the game, he nets two goals. I must say, historically I have been hard on the guy, mostly because of the rivalry but also a little bit because of his hair, but all I have to say to him today is.

Patrick, my deepest condolences, the ones we love and have lost always live on in our hearts. [insert] Back slap and warm smile.

I watched this game last night thinking why WGN would carry it if it's like 9:30pm local time puckdrop. Anywhoo when he scored they referenced this story, I guess I wasn't close to my grandparents as he was with his. But didn't he cry when his coach Savard got fired? THat's a little too much sensitivity.

he's still one of the biggest douches in the game, ever. but you gotta feel for him.. buck up little douche.

He has made some bad choices in the past, but some of it could be contributed to his youth.

On the other hand, I am sure that you have never done anything stupid/bad when you were younger right?

I was a douche in my early 20's and I didn't have the celebrity or money Kane has. I dislike the Hawks in general because of the rivalry but I respect most of the players for the most part...outside of Kieth. I like to see real emotion from professional athletes and I really felt it from Kane last night. I was also very close to my Grandparents, they gave me a lot more inspiration than my parents have. I think it's fine to call him a douche if that is your opinion, but I bet all of you have also been a douche at times. His hair is douchy, some his actions have been douchy, but I would stop short of calling him a douche....and I'm a bit of a wanker so that is saying a lot.

I watched this game last night thinking why WGN would carry it if it's like 9:30pm local time puckdrop. Anywhoo when he scored they referenced this story, I guess I wasn't close to my grandparents as he was with his. But didn't he cry when his coach Savard got fired? THat's a little too much sensitivity.

Are you kidding me? His grandfather died. A family member he was obviously close to.

Archived