The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Would love to get Ehlers over Virtanen. I understand there's all this love for a BC boy, but I'd take the chance on Ehlers even if he's a high risk draft choice. Virtanen doesn't really appeal to me for some reason.

People on CDC are overrating Virtanen. I'd be surprised if he was picked top 10.

I agree with you guys, I know I'm contradicting myself cause I said he looks like the complete package but I do think he's being overrated. I didn't see what it was with him like you guys so I watched some videos and stuff, he's a good scorer & he hits and everything, but I don't know something about him just didn't blow me away, I would look at alot of other guys before him if we get a really high pick. Though if we get him (as long as there are no obvious choices still available) I certainly wont be disappointed. I'm thinking he could be like a Jason Pominville type player with a better physical game if things go right.

Ok, why?

I just like other players. I just don't think Perlini will ever put it together, to be more than a 3rd liner or a streaky tweener.

I think there's players who have a better chance of achieving their potential, or who also can fit a need.

It's my personal opinion. People always look at players with big bodies and are projected 1st rounders and think he'll have to turn out!!! he's huge and shoots hard shtos!!!!! It doesn't always go that way.

Yeah, I'm with you peen Perlini was on a tear for a bit there, but outside of that stretch he really hasn't been too impressive. He's not a player I'd take in the 10 top, neither is Virtanen, his hockey IQ is seriously lacking.

I wouldn't take Virtanen either.

I'm OKAY with Ritchie, but meh.

Nylander, Kapanen, McCann, Fleury are the guys I like.

I wouldn't take Virtanen either.

I'm OKAY with Ritchie, but meh.

Nylander, Kapanen, McCann, Fleury are the guys I like.

I'd be happy with Ritchie outside of the top 7, would be fairly disappointed if we picked him over Nylander or Ehlers though. Kapanen is intriguing, I have him around 10 on my list. Tiranis and Feebster have really been banging the Barbashev drum on HF, and those guys are among the best posters on the forum so I'd take their word on him. It'll be a very, very interesting draft, I'm hoping we can add another first/

I'd be happy with Ritchie outside of the top 7, would be fairly disappointed if we picked him over Nylander or Ehlers though. Kapanen is intriguing, I have him around 10 on my list. Tiranis and Feebster have really been banging the Barbashev drum on HF, and those guys are among the best posters on the forum so I'd take their word on him. It'll be a very, very interesting draft, I'm hoping we can add another first/

I really really want Draistil or whatever. "The German Gretzky"! I'd be fine Kapanen too! Would kill for that speed!!!

ISS Hockey has released their Top 30 April Rankings for the 2014 NHL Draft! A spectacular start to the CHL playoffs have helped Sam Reinhart(#1) and Michael Dal Colle(#3) move up the ISS rankings! Meanwhile, TSN's Bob McKenzie has also released his updated Top 10 for the NHL Draft:

1. D Aaron Ekblad
2. C Sam Reinhart
3. C Sam Bennett
4. C Leon Draisaitl
5. LW Michael Dal Colle
6. LW Nick Ritchie
7. LW Nikolaj Ehlers
8. RW Jake Virtanen
9. RW Kasperi Kapanen
10. D Haydn Fleury
Honorable Mentions:
C William Nylander