The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Just curious if anyone knows how the forfeited pick works?

Lets say NJ wins the lottery and gets 1st overall and get's skipped so does that mean nobody gets drafted 1st overall and the 2nd pick overall (although first) will forever be known as being drafted 2nd overall in the 2014 NHL draft?

NJ draft pick isn't forfeited anymore, they now get the 30th pick regardless of where they place in the standings.

Who I want: Dal Collie

Who we should get: Virtanen

Who we will get: Ritchie

We better take a forward at least.

If Gillis ends up taking Fleury, Honka or McKeown with our 1st over someone like Perlini, Virtanen, Kapanen, McCann I'm gonna freak.

Who I want: Dal Collie

Who we should get: Virtanen

Who we will get: Ritchie

This is why we need to get another first rounder or two. Dal Colle and Virtanen along with a center like Draisaitl would make us contenders in no more than 3 years.

If Ottawa keeps plummeting, I am confident we'd give Anaheim Kesler straight up for the pick.

It's just too good a trade.

Dal Collie Horvat Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows MAtthias Kassian

Santo Gaunce Higgins

Richardson Hansen

I know it's not as "sexy" as trading Kesler to Anaheim for the 1st they got from Ottawa, but as of right now Detroit is drafting 13th overall. Detroit being in the Eastern Conference now opens up the possibility of becoming trade partners. Not only is Kesler from Michigan, but if Detroit was willing to give up a package for Kes that included that 1st round pick the Canucks could still draft high enough to pick someone good.

If I were Tim Murray, I should try and acquire the 2nd overall pick from the Oilers. Tell MacT straight up that's he taking Ekblad with the first, and offer him Myers and one of his 2nd rounders for it.

Buffalo could very well have 3 picks in the top 5, if he did that and would be set for the future.

1st: Ekblad

2nd: Bennet/Reinhart/Draisaitl

5th: Dal Colle/Perlini/Ehlers

If I were Tim Murray, I should try and acquire the 2nd overall pick from the Oilers. Tell MacT straight up that's he taking Ekblad with the first, and offer him Myers and one of his 2nd rounders for it.

Buffalo could very well have 3 picks in the top 5, if he did that and would be set for the future.

1st: Ekblad

2nd: Bennet/Reinhart/Draisaitl

5th: Dal Colle/Perlini/Ehlers

That's all well and good, but Buffalo still needs to win the lottery.

• 2 weeks later...

If we keep loosing and teams around us keep getting at least some points we will have have a very good shot at getting Dal Colle or Draisatl.

Also Button has Virtanen in the second round close to where we would pick. If we could somehow pick up Dal Colle or Draisatl with our 1st and Virtanen with our 2nd, that would be a dream draft for us!

If we keep loosing and teams around us keep getting at least some points we will have have a very good shot at getting Dal Colle or Draisatl.

Also Button has Virtanen in the second round close to where we would pick. If we could somehow pick up Dal Colle or Draisatl with our 1st and Virtanen with our 2nd, that would be a dream draft for us!

Virtanens likely going top 10

Archived