The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockey Related Only] Team Canada Thread

Blueberries

I'm a Canuck fan at heart so why should I care if players that I hate (i.e. Duncan Keith, Perry, Smith, Bergeron, Doughty, etc) can bring home a medal for a team that is brought around every 4 years for only 2 weeks.. Not jumping on this bandwagon, who cares if they're Canadian?

Are you Canadian? Cause I won't be cheering for those players specifically, in fact I'll be hoping they do as bad as possible without being a detriment to Team Canada, but I'm still cheering for Team Canada to win Gold.

You can cheer for the team/country without cheering for individual players on the team. In the same way, you can cheer for individual players on teams you may hate/not care about.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm a Canuck fan at heart so why should I care if players that I hate (i.e. Duncan Keith, Perry, Smith, Bergeron, Doughty, etc) can bring home a medal for a team that is brought around every 4 years for only 2 weeks.. Not jumping on this bandwagon, who cares if they're Canadian?

It's called supporting your country, people like you make me sick.

Are you Canadian? Cause I won't be cheering for those players specifically, in fact I'll be hoping they do as bad as possible without being a detriment to Team Canada, but I'm still cheering for Team Canada to win Gold.

You can cheer for the team/country without cheering for individual players on the team. In the same way, you can cheer for individual players on teams you may hate/not care about.

Geez, I was born in Arizona, moved to Vancouver at a young age and still cheer for Canada over the USA, I'm more of a Canadian than you are.

Here's a better look at the schedule:

1779321_619744344741584_745034437_n.jpg

The pre Sochi 2014 NHL schedule wraps up Saturday with 10 games on the East coast. This is because all NHL players, staff, family & friends going to Sochi will have to make their way to Newark or Atlanta on Sunday for 1 of 4 of the league's all-nationality flights. The planes will leave mid-day and land in Russia mid-day on Monday after a 11 hour flight and 9 hour time change! Players will have 3 days to shake out jet lag before Olympic games start on February 12th.

It's called supporting your country, people like you make me sick.

The kid that bulled you in high school ends up going to the Olympics and has a good chance for a medal, you still going to root for him just because he is CANADIAN? I know I wouldn't.

Keith HEAVILY has hurt Daniel's career and costed a playoff series for us, why should I cheer for him along with the multiple other players who I dislike on Canada?

Guest Gumballthechewy

The kid that bulled you in high school ends up going to the Olympics and has a good chance for a medal, you still going to root for him just because he is CANADIAN? I know I wouldn't.

Keith HEAVILY has hurt Daniel's career and costed a playoff series for us, why should I cheer for him along with the multiple other players who I dislike on Canada?

Like others have said, you don't cheer the individual players you cheer for the team.

I don't like a bunch of players on Team Canada either but I'm still gonna cheer for them, I cheer for the Canucks but I dislike most of the players on the team.

Rumour going around is that Hamhuis suffered a concussion.

4:15 mark

Give how bad he's played all season long, and given how much we'll need him to be on his A game when the Olympics are over, I think he should not be going to Sochi. I also think Henrik should stay home. It's inexcusable for a $6.1 million to play with broken ribs for a team that's paying him nothing.

Here's a better look at the schedule:

1779321_619744344741584_745034437_n.jpg

The pre Sochi 2014 NHL schedule wraps up Saturday with 10 games on the East coast. This is because all NHL players, staff, family & friends going to Sochi will have to make their way to Newark or Atlanta on Sunday for 1 of 4 of the league's all-nationality flights. The planes will leave mid-day and land in Russia mid-day on Monday after a 11 hour flight and 9 hour time change! Players will have 3 days to shake out jet lag before Olympic games start on February 12th.

is this in Russias time zone?

Archived