The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

feb6.jpg

Dan Murphy @sportsnetmurph

#Canucks Henrik and Hamhuis are out versus #canadiens. Richardson, Higgins are in. Henrik will not play Saturday versus #leafs either.

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks

"It's always fun to play here and this is a huge game for our club. I'm worried about playing my game and helping us win." - Luongo

Joey Kenward @kenwardskorner

Based on warm-up, @VanCanucks are going like this vs @CanadiensMTL F: 22-45-14/20-17-36/7-15-9/29-21-44 D: 23-24/18-5/47-26 Luongo starts.

Hope the effort from the Boston game carries over. We are long overdue for a game where we win, and no one can really explain how. Just one of those games where everything works. If that's not tonight's game, then I defer to...

The not-keys to the game:

1 - Don't come out hard for 10 minutes and get nothing to show for it except a 1 goal deficit off a bad turnover & missed check.

2 - Don't shorten the already short bench in the 2nd because even a 1 goal deficit is a mountain for us to overcome.

3 - Don't get badly outplayed the entire 3rd period because you gassed all the regulars trying to tie the game in the 2nd.

4 - Don't take offensive zone penalties in last 10 minutes of a game you're trailing.

5 - Don't draw a penalty in final 5 minutes of a game you're trailing.

6 - Probably best just not to draw penalties at all.

Can we atleast call up one of top prospects like Gaunce, Horvat, Cassels. We need offence!

No. You can't call up players from Major Junior during the season. Once their season is over they can play in the AHL, and I think the NHL regular season. But then you're burning a year off their ELC.

Archived