The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

not even going to post what past GM's did for this team during the trade deadline and free agency Gillis has been miles ahead better than the previous GM's that's all i am going to say

Yeah, a lot of bubble teams are struggling, no other GM is pulling off miracle trades to land impact players. Diaz was a good move.

When he plays like he is tonight and in Boston, there is no reason to trade him.

A multi faceted threat out there.

If Edler could bring this level of intensity, or something close to it, the defense is dangerous.

And yes oldnews, Garrison is playing much better. Taking the body and looking before making the outlet pass. A marked improvement for sure.

Agreed. When Edler steps up once or twice a game, as he has the last few, it completely changes the opposition's mentality on their breakouts imo.

The best example of that has been in the Chicago matchup. He has drilled Kane on exits where he's puck watching and Kane pretty much disappears in those circumstances.

If he's healthy enough to play that way (some back injuries can persist for a long time), I think the team really needs that element - I think it plants enough hesitation to make a difference.

Interesting as well - Edler looks pretty comfortable/complemented well by Diaz.

Archived