The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

Declining Value

(for those who think this year is an anomaly)

Points Per Game

...................D.Sedin---Kessler==Burrows--H.Sedin

2009/10......1.35..........0.91..........0.82 .......1.37

2010/11......1.27..........0.89.......... 0.67.......1.15

2011/12......0.93..........0.64.......... 0.65........0.99

2012/13......0.85..........0.76.......... 0.51....... 0.94

2013/14......0.69..........0.63.......... 0.15........0.77

Declining Value

(for those who think this year is an anomaly)

Points Per Game

...................D.Sedin---Kessler==Burrows--H.Sedin

2009/10......1.35..........0.91..........0.82 .......1.37

2010/11......1.27..........0.89.......... 0.67.......1.15

2011/12......0.93..........0.64.......... 0.65........0.99

2012/13......0.85..........0.76.......... 0.51....... 0.94

2013/14......0.69..........0.63.......... 0.15........0.77

OUCH!!!

Luongo played great, despite the score... It sucks that the team isn't showing up for months at a time and making him look bad!

how did he play great? he made a nice stop on that 2 on 1 but if he got any air under the puck its a goal... max missed the net on the first penalty shot and the second he lost the handle..... he played average....great is what Lack did his last outing...

Those sure are Vezina numbers alright. Really helps your argument. Believe whatever you want. Listen to the platitudes, I guess you expected Daniel to say "LU cost us another one"?! I see you choose to ignore Torts' comment from Boston how "we need a save from Lu"?! You post awful numbers and then defend Lu as playing well quoting sources that support your belief while ignoring others. Whatever makes you happy.

Wow, dude. That's weak. First you repeatedly make a false claim to try to say how it's all Luo's fault and when I prove that basis of your argument wrong you attempt to change your argument to a whinny "well, it's just not good enough." Are you saying the team's play has been?! If so, are you partying with Rob Ford?

I didn't ignore what Torts said. He was right to say that after the Boston game because we all know that 3rd (if I remember correctly..) goal was weak and Luo should have it. No question. But what YOU seem to be ignoring is that Torts didn't just say we needed one more save from Luo. What he actually said was, “To me, the game changes, we need another big offensive play. [Daniel Sedin] has a chance to make that. I think we need another save from [Luongo]. I don’t think one person determines winning or losing a game, but that to me is the game tonight. I think both teams are pretty much even in chances: we don’t get one or two more big offensive plays and we don’t get one of two saves, they do and that’s where we’re that." And when asked about Luo's comments after the game, Torts said, "I appreciate Lou saying that, but this is a team thing here that we’re going through and we’ll go through it together.” (source)

So, beyond ignoring everything that Torts actually said after the Boston game, why are you ignoring when he said "We've forgotten how to defend." about weeks worth of games, not just one goal in one game? All in all, Luo's kept his team in it every game he's played. In fact, so has Lack. So tell me, if it's all Luo "costing" us games, why haven't we won any of the last 5 games Lack has started? Did he cost us the game to LA when he gave up a single goal and had a .950 SV%? You want to put the blame on him and poor Eriksson for the Anaheim debacle? How about the amazing games he had against Phoenix and Detroit where he gave up only one but we got shut out and still lost? Shall we string him up for the one weak goal and 4 total goals with a .882 SV% against Winnipeg?

And, please, oh sultan of "blame Luo," explain how it was Luo's fault we lost the LA game in which Luo faced 48 shots, gave up only 2 goals and had a .958 SV%. Or how about the Nashville game, in which he gave up 2 on 26 shots for a .923 SV%. Explain why, if it's just Luo costing us game after game, we still have a GA/G that's 12th in the league. Explain how teams like Chicago, Winnipeg and Toronto all have more wins than we do through the same number of games played despite having a higher GA/G than we do. (And Ottawa has only 1 less win in 1 less game played despite having a 3.07 GA/G!) If we need Luo to give us Vezina level goaltending every game just to give us a chance to win then you're saying our team not only sucks, we're one of the worst in the league because other teams sure are able to get wins with far less.

But sure, Daniel said "Luongo kept us in it." just for the empty platitude he had absolutely no reason to say rather than because he actually believed it. Of course it's not because Luo made some spectacular saves and was scored against by being interfered with, having an icing call not made, having a goal deflect in off his own D in the blue paint, and having yet another goal go in after a guy was left loitering around on the side of the net unchecked. Whatever makes you happy.

Archived