The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Leno Ends His Career on The Tonight Show This Evening

DonLever

Never found him amusing. Mind you, none of your North American chat show hosts are funny. Even Graham Norton is hilarious compared to Conan :lol:

Nobody has ever come close to Carson.

Letterman does awkward humour better than just about anyone and Conan does the quirky angle well but nobody can touch Carson IMO.

Carson is a legend. I'm a Ferguson fan myself. Kimmel can be pretty funny at times too.

Ferguson kind of reminds me of watching a weird Uncle doing a show...he's pretty funny but after a while It's like "Ok uncle Leonard, just sit down and be quiet".

Kimmel I find is like watching your little brother. You almost route for him to be good and usually he's half decent but every once in a while catch yourself wondering if you're only watching him because he's your little brother....

Today is his final appearance on the The Tonight Show. He has been on for 22 years, longer than Johnny Carson. Jimmy Fallon takes over in February.

Carson was on for 30 years, 4531 episodes.

Leno was on for 22 years, 4611 episodes after tonight. About a 100 more episdoes, but Carson was on the air longer and is still considered the gold standard.

Thing I dont like about Leno, besides his lame jokes, is that I get the feeling a lot of the time that hed rather not be there. He seems to just want to get it over with so he can go home. Carson NEVER gave off that feeling. Ever. He seemed to really be enjoying it every night. made a big difference. Well, now Jay can go home and yes, his car vids are good.

Fallon has improved a lot since his show started. I hope he continues to improve and he does well in the big slot.

Fergusons opening monologue blows everybody else out of the water. Its like if Leno was half drunk and said what he really wanted to say and didnt care of he offended anyone anymore.

Archived