The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis on Team 1040 February 6

oldnews

Gillis is frustrated and annoyed just like us all. WE'RE IN THE MIDST OF A LANDSLIDE!

We need Burrows 2.0 to step up and put this team on his back. But who's it gonna be?

We weren't the ones who killed this franchise ... this guy can't admit any of his mistakes .. he has put this team back 10 years .. I would love to retool through trading but I don't believe that the player agent pretending to be our gm will make a deal that is complimentry to our club ... bye mike ..

Gillis is frustrated and annoyed just like us all. WE'RE IN THE MIDST OF A LANDSLIDE!

We need Burrows 2.0 to step up and put this team on his back. But who's it gonna be?

I'm not asking him not to be frustrated, but he's talkingas if he's been mistake free and hasn't made a single bad decision. It's about time he at least tries to do more and talk less.

All of Gillis' tenure here, all he can do is talk

Do you really think 9th overall was the best deal the Canucks were offered for Schnieder? I'm going all the way back to the year of 2010-2011. You really think that was the best offer?

Yeah, I keep hearing this but what would be his motivation for taking something other than the best offer available under the circumstances? Bo Horvat is a mighty good return for Schneider if you ask me. Can't miss center prospects that already weigh 205 pounds at eighteen years of age don't exactly grow on trees. He's just what the organization needed at this stage.

We weren't the ones who killed this franchise ... this guy can't admit any of his mistakes .. he has put this team back 10 years .. I would love to retool through trading but I don't believe that the player agent pretending to be our gm will make a deal that is complimentry to our club ... bye mike ..

10 years wow sky falling much eh?

no GM is ever perfect for their entire tenure Gillis has made some great signings and trades and some bad ones you take the good with the bad and hope it outweighs the bad and considering the Cup Run i would say he has done more good than most GM's for this team

For those interested in listening to it:

http://www.teamradio...-trade-clauses/

That was by far the most idiotic choice of words by Gillis. After listening to that, I hope to God this team has a new GM at least by next season.

Gillis sounded frustrated and annoyed by legit questions thrown at MG.

He just sounds like sore loser.

He was ready to blame our slide on our injuries and losing Torts but when Blake called him out on it he changed his tune.

That "player agent" was named GM of the year. So I guess the other 29 GM's weren't as good as a "Player Agent" in 2011.

If you think this "Player Agent" is so bad, then I'm guessing those 29 GM's who were trailing the "Player Agent" in voting should be fired before the "Player Agent".

;)

That "player agent" was named GM of the year. So I guess the other 29 GM's weren't as good as a "Player Agent" in 2011.

If you think this "Player Agent" is so bad, then I'm guessing those 29 GM's who were trailing the "Player Agent" in voting should be fired before the "Player Agent".

;)

you know its 2014 now right?

you sound like an alberta fan, living in the past.

After another disappointing season, Gillis will make excuses again and his followers will believe his every word.

Get rid of Gillis and you sheep followers can go with him.

so you're writing this season off even before the trade deadline?... I would wait until this offseason to see what he does first before pulling the plug on him... besides, who would be your ideal replacement of him?

can we get rid of you instead?

so you're writing this season off even before the trade deadline?... I would wait until this offseason to see what he does first before pulling the plug on him... besides, who would be your ideal replacement of him?

can we get rid of you instead?

or better yet get rid of you. You can go with him when he gets canned.

lol havent you waited enough. He wont do anything big . If he ever does he'll get fleeced since he is not good at trading. You should already know that but you're a sheep that follows him.

• The league forbids him from talking about other teams player in the public, and he will get fines.
  • There is nothing to gain by admitting what players are injured and what their injuries are, or else they will be targets.
  • Admitting that you will ask players to waive their NTC's will cause free agents to reconsider playing here, and will make current players worried about being traded instead of focusing on playing.
  • A lot of his job is negotation, which means he would be at a disadvantage if he reveal his hand, strategy, or what players he is targeting.
  • There is no point in firing Gillis since whoever replaces him will have to retool or rebuild and usually those GM's who take on sinking boats usually get fired right before the team becomes successful again. (ex: Nonis, Burke, Tallon, etc)

10 years wow sky falling much eh?

no GM is ever perfect for their entire tenure Gillis has made some great signings and trades and some bad ones you take the good with the bad and hope it outweighs the bad and considering the Cup Run i would say he has done more good than most GM's for this team

sorry bud .. if You or I did our jobs as poorly as this man has , we would be fired .. he needs to go ... the team he inherited has been run into the ground .. poor trades , bad scouting , horrible contracts and NOT winning the cup or getting through 1 ROUND make for a G.M that has failed ... I can't believe you think he has done more good things than bad .. wow ..

I think what most people find disturbing about Gillis is how he addresses the team's performance: He is trying to sell the idea that this is a short term slump.

I'm not buying the sell job. This team is very average, injuries or no injuries. Even at their best this season they have had troubles scoring enough goals consistently. The current rash of injuries gives team management an excuse to sell us fans on the idea that the team isn't succeeding due to lack of manpower. The fact is, they should still be winning more than they are.

Last I checked, they still have enough healthy forwards and defensemen to have a power play over 10% success rate. If there's a stat the Canucks fail hard on, its the PP. They get plenty of chances, but cannot get anything done on them.The problem with an anemic power play is that is allows the opposing teams to take liberties against the Canucks and not have to worry about the consequences. Even if they take a penalty, the other team nearly always kills it off.

They also don't get enough quality scoring chances. Newest Hab Dale Weise had a better chance to score than nearly all the other Canucks did in the Montreal game.

Tell it like it is Gillis. There's problems with this team. No more excuses, calls for more 'patience' when people are shelling out huge $$$ to watch those games.

He may not want to waive NTCs, but a good GM knows that should realize when a player cannot help his team anymore and would serve the team better as a tradable asset.

Gillis' duty is to his paying customers first, and his players second. He needs to wake up from his delusion.

Okay, deconstruct my argument for me then.

Gillis said we have the LEAST amount of NMCs yesterday morning. In a prior morning he said we had the LEAST amount of NTCs. Both are obviously incorrect and not open up to much interpretation.

Where is your counter argument grounded in reality? I did my research, there wasn't much to it.

Restating your point without any further backup isn't research. And I didn't hear anything about him saying we had the least amount of NTCs in any of his recent interviews, so you may want to back that up too.

I've already done a pretty good job of deconstructing what I think Gillis was referencing, so unless you want to provide us with all that research you've done (however little it was) there's not much point discussing it with you.

For the record, I'm not disagreeing the way he stated it was poor, but what I'm asking is if there's any element of truth to it - that is what you haven't answered.

Anyone who thinks the Gillis truly believes this team is a contender is fairly damn gullible. Coach change is step one. Step two is to bring in a bunch of prospects. Step three is to start ditching all the proven talent on the team (except the Sedins, who have... yup... NMC's.)

When Gillis (or whoever the GM is) ditches all our non-Sedin proven talent, I don't think CDC is going to be happy about that either. (We're not going to get much for them, since we're trading in a position of weakness.)

I say tank this season, draft high, unload two or three core players for picks/prospects and in 2-3 years come back strong and with a hungrier, younger team.

absolutely broth, with you 100%, I would not mind a couple of losing seasons at all if it means we get some new young exciting players in the lineup who could one day really compete for a championship

I think what most people find disturbing about Gillis is how he addresses the team's performance: He is trying to sell the idea that this is a short term slump.

I'm not buying the sell job. This team is very average, injuries or no injuries. Even at their best this season they have had troubles scoring enough goals consistently. The current rash of injuries gives team management an excuse to sell us fans on the idea that the team isn't succeeding due to lack of manpower. The fact is, they should still be winning more than they are.

Last I checked, they still have enough healthy forwards and defensemen to have a power play over 10% success rate. If there's a stat the Canucks fail hard on, its the PP. They get plenty of chances, but cannot get anything done on them.The problem with an anemic power play is that is allows the opposing teams to take liberties against the Canucks and not have to worry about the consequences. Even if they take a penalty, the other team nearly always kills it off.

They also don't get enough quality scoring chances. Newest Hab Dale Weise had a better chance to score than nearly all the other Canucks did in the Montreal game.

Tell it like it is Gillis. There's problems with this team. No more excuses, calls for more 'patience' when people are shelling out huge $$$ to watch those games.

He may not want to waive NTCs, but a good GM knows that should realize when a player cannot help his team anymore and would serve the team better as a tradable asset.

Gillis' duty is to his paying customers first, and his players second. He needs to wake up from his delusion.

Exactly, as you say this team is medicore even when healthy and he just keeps saying he believes in the room, blah, blah, wake up MG. You've assembled one the best all 3rd liner teams in history. Big freaking whoop.

Also, 2011 was an anomoly, everyone played out of their minds with all the 40 year hype surrounding the team. We are extremely average on paper.

Archived