31 replies to this topic

#1 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

He deserves to retire a Canuck. And would be a great mentor to our power forwards (mainly Kassian). I've always thought that he is the perfect linemate for the Sedins. We all know that he has great hands for his size, is patient with the puck by not forcing plays just like the Sedins, and is great at screening the goalie and scoring those dirty goals; which is the ideal set up for the twins. The Bertuzzi-Moore incident happened a decade ago! It's been 10 YEARS since. What have we got to lose? A playoff spot? Oh wait...

22-33-44!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

He's happy in Detroit, no?

#3 LuckyLuciano

LuckyLuciano

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

He doesn't want to comeback

#4 Big Mike

Big Mike

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

No he doesn't its been 8 years move on
Posted Image

Credit to Vintage Canuck

#5 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,428 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

UH....ya sure. Because he hasn't had success anywhere else. Let's forget the lawsuit, bad history and all of that surrounding him and go get him as yet another plug in a line up full of them
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#6 Green Goblin

Green Goblin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

i agree! burrows doesn't have the same drive he used to and no else on our team can stand in front of the net like he does

24ycxax.jpgstar-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

"You only live once" -Todd Bertuzzi

#7 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,220 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

This one's honestly been done to death. This place was a big black hole in the end for Bert...he still hasn't climbed out of it yet and I'm more than willing to bet he'd never consider this. The media, alone, was relentless in pursuing him as a monster...Ted Cherneski showing up in his front yard with his wife and kids inside.

It's like asking someone to willingly go back and redo their root canal for kicks. Just don't think there's much hope in this, as much as I'd support it.

Posted Image

#8 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think we should bring back Naslund before thinking of bringing back Bert. Nazzy is the elite sniper the sedins are missing.

#9 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

In fact, we should also think about Morrison for the 2nd line center. Jovo and Ohlund for our top 2, Salo+Sopel as well to round out our top 6.

Sedin-Sedin-Naslund
Kesler-Morrison-Kassian
Burrows-Schroeder-Booth
Kassian-Lain-Sestito

Jovo-Ohlund
Stanton-Tanev
Salo-Sopel

Deal Edler+Bieksa+Garrison

#10 LuongovsTuuka

LuongovsTuuka

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

He deserves to retire a Canuck. And would be a great mentor to our power forwards (mainly Kassian). I've always thought that he is the perfect linemate for the Sedins. We all know that he has great hands for his size, is patient with the puck by not forcing plays just like the Sedins, and is great at screening the goalie and scoring those dirty goals; which is the ideal set up for the twins. The Bertuzzi-Moore incident happened a decade ago! It's been 10 YEARS since. What have we got to lose? A playoff spot? Oh wait...

22-33-44!

God no!

He has 11 points, 6 goals, in 44 games. He is a shadow of what he was and seems quite happy to play out his days on the 3rd or 4th line for the Wings.

Just when you think you have seen it all...
Posted Image

#11 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

Bert was awesome but people need to seriously let this go.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#12 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

He's already back...wears number 9.........

#13 Jack Fig

Jack Fig

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Just when you think you have seen it all...

I saw a guy on another site who until 2 years ago was still pushing to have Morrison-Naslund-Bertuzzi reunited here. Takes all kinds.
Kevin Bieksa...he's going down with the ship, you know.

#14 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

I saw a guy on another site who until 2 years ago was still pushing to have Morrison-Naslund-Bertuzzi reunited here. Takes all kinds.

They only come out at night...

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#15 Jack Fig

Jack Fig

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

They only come out at night...

That provides me no comfort, pal. ;)
Kevin Bieksa...he's going down with the ship, you know.

#16 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Edler for Bertuzzi and Abdelkader GET IT DOWN GILLIS GET IT DONE.

w1dzz8.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#17 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

I actually do like Abdelkader. Such an awesome name, would cop that jersey asap.

#18 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Sure. Then bring back Naslund and Morrison and we'll have the West Coast Express line back. Then we'll make a run for the cup. It'll be awesome!

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#19 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

He doesn't want to comeback

#20 MusclePharm

MusclePharm

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

If he were to come back i can almost guarantee some bozo will ask him about the incident as soon as he gets an interview

#21 BanTSN

BanTSN

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

If I were him i'd re-sign in Detroit or retire. Detroit is an organization that doesn't throw their players under the bus. We're still working on that.
Posted Image

#22 Me_

Me_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

22-33-44!

Grey beard. Every Cup team has one.

#23 nazzybertjovo

nazzybertjovo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

he's actually a healthy scratch at the moment
my how the mighty have fallen
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT CAREER MARKUS...CANUCKS HOCKEY WONT BE THE SAME
Posted Image

#24 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

Bert is about to retire in the next 1-2 years. Why would he bother wasting his time in Vancouver at this point?

#25 Me_

Me_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

Bert is about to retire in the next 1-2 years. Why would he bother wasting his time in Vancouver at this point?

The honor of retiring the best Power forward the Canucks ever had, while giving the finger to the league for how it handled the Bertuzzi/ Moore situation.

#26 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

The honor of retiring the best Power forward the Canucks ever had, while giving the finger to the league for how it handled the Bertuzzi/ Moore situation.

Well he broke the guy's spine for crying out loud, while I hated Moore and thought he was cheap, I didn't want him to become a cripple and his career to be ruined. I think Bertuzzi rightfully so deserves consequences from that incident

#27 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

No he doesn't its been 8 years move on

Yes!

Bert was awesome but people need to seriously let this go.

Yes!

Edler for Bertuzzi and Abdelkader GET IT DOWN GILLIS GET IT DONE.

What!?

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#28 Me_

Me_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

Well he broke the guy's spine for crying out loud, while I hated Moore and thought he was cheap, I didn't want him to become a cripple and his career to be ruined. I think Bertuzzi rightfully so deserves consequences from that incident

Not to turn this into a debate on said event, but "broken spine" and "cracked vertebrae" aren't exactly the same severity. Moore walks, and practices what he went to school for; Law.

"Moore suffered what was reported as three fractured vertebrae in his neck, a grade-three concussion, vertebral ligament damage, stretching of the brachial plexus nerves, and facial lacerations. He has not played hockey since, and subsequently launched a lawsuit against Bertuzzi seeking $38 million in damages."

http://www.straight....out-steve-moore

Steve Moore is not a cripple and his heart wasn't into hockey as much as in the Court. He made a career decision and brought the NHL and Bertuzzi along with him.

A player who has grown into an NHL player from "lesser opportune" environments and does not have such an education as a Harvard degree, will seek all the help he needs to get back on skates and get back to the NHL. There are numerous examples already including Eric Cole.

And for that, I leave you with a Scott Parker quote many will have missed by not reading the article in full. Parker played two years with Steve Moore as a member of the Colorado Avalanche.

“[Steve Moore] always thought he was better than everybody else. He went to Harvard, you know what, blow me. College grad.”

He goes on to say: “I watched that tape about a hundred times, and just the way Todd hit him, and he actually grabbed him to soften his blow when he went down.” And “it wasn’t vicious, it was just, it was the heat of the moment. It was one of those things where you, you want to do something, but you don’t know if it’s gonna be big, if it’s gonna be small, or how it’s gonna pan out. But you wanna do something” - Scott Parker.

Edited by Me_, 09 February 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#29 Me_

Me_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

This one's honestly been done to death. This place was a big black hole in the end for Bert...he still hasn't climbed out of it yet and I'm more than willing to bet he'd never consider this. The media, alone, was relentless in pursuing him as a monster...Ted Cherneski showing up in his front yard with his wife and kids inside.

It's like asking someone to willingly go back and redo their root canal for kicks. Just don't think there's much hope in this, as much as I'd support it.

With Tortorella protecting his team the way he does?

Bertuzzi would be ideal.

Why?

Zach KASSIAN

Edited by Me_, 09 February 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#30 CanuckBoss

CanuckBoss

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

Sighh
reading about Bertuzzi and Naslund
how can such good days turn for the worst
these guys were hero's in a canuck jersey
good times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.