The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bring back Bertuzzi

canucksnhl

He deserves to retire a Canuck. And would be a great mentor to our power forwards (mainly Kassian). I've always thought that he is the perfect linemate for the Sedins. We all know that he has great hands for his size, is patient with the puck by not forcing plays just like the Sedins, and is great at screening the goalie and scoring those dirty goals; which is the ideal set up for the twins. The Bertuzzi-Moore incident happened a decade ago! It's been 10 YEARS since. What have we got to lose? A playoff spot? Oh wait...

22-33-44!

Grey beard. Every Cup team has one.

Bert is about to retire in the next 1-2 years. Why would he bother wasting his time in Vancouver at this point?

The honor of retiring the best Power forward the Canucks ever had, while giving the finger to the league for how it handled the Bertuzzi/ Moore situation.

The honor of retiring the best Power forward the Canucks ever had, while giving the finger to the league for how it handled the Bertuzzi/ Moore situation.

Well he broke the guy's spine for crying out loud, while I hated Moore and thought he was cheap, I didn't want him to become a cripple and his career to be ruined. I think Bertuzzi rightfully so deserves consequences from that incident

Well he broke the guy's spine for crying out loud, while I hated Moore and thought he was cheap, I didn't want him to become a cripple and his career to be ruined. I think Bertuzzi rightfully so deserves consequences from that incident

Not to turn this into a debate on said event, but "broken spine" and "cracked vertebrae" aren't exactly the same severity. Moore walks, and practices what he went to school for; Law.

"Moore suffered what was reported as three fractured vertebrae in his neck, a grade-three concussion, vertebral ligament damage, stretching of the brachial plexus nerves, and facial lacerations. He has not played hockey since, and subsequently launched a lawsuit against Bertuzzi seeking $38 million in damages."

http://www.straight.com/blogra/former-enforcer-weighs-todd-bertuzzi-punching-out-steve-moore

Steve Moore is not a cripple and his heart wasn't into hockey as much as in the Court. He made a career decision and brought the NHL and Bertuzzi along with him.

A player who has grown into an NHL player from "lesser opportune" environments and does not have such an education as a Harvard degree, will seek all the help he needs to get back on skates and get back to the NHL. There are numerous examples already including Eric Cole.

And for that, I leave you with a Scott Parker quote many will have missed by not reading the article in full. Parker played two years with Steve Moore as a member of the Colorado Avalanche.

“[steve Moore] always thought he was better than everybody else. He went to Harvard, you know what, blow me. College grad.”

He goes on to say: “I watched that tape about a hundred times, and just the way Todd hit him, and he actually grabbed him to soften his blow when he went down.” And “it wasn’t vicious, it was just, it was the heat of the moment. It was one of those things where you, you want to do something, but you don’t know if it’s gonna be big, if it’s gonna be small, or how it’s gonna pan out. But you wanna do something” - Scott Parker.

This one's honestly been done to death. This place was a big black hole in the end for Bert...he still hasn't climbed out of it yet and I'm more than willing to bet he'd never consider this. The media, alone, was relentless in pursuing him as a monster...Ted Cherneski showing up in his front yard with his wife and kids inside.

It's like asking someone to willingly go back and redo their root canal for kicks. Just don't think there's much hope in this, as much as I'd support it.

With Tortorella protecting his team the way he does?

Bertuzzi would be ideal.

Why?

Zach KASSIAN

Archived