The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The last time

precipice

2008-2009 there was an 8 game losing streak (although games 5,6, and 8 were OT losses), and it was going to be 9 but Burr scored a shorty in the last minute of the third to break the 3-3 tie. One of my best Burr memories! They won 11 of 13 right after as well.

http://www.nhl.com/i...network=&venue=

I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's the most recent losing streak I remember that was as terrible as this one. There's still hope after the break.

It's not so much the "when" as it is the fact that the last time the Canucks lost 7 games in a row in regulation was during the Messier era...those were dark times. Last in the West and 2nd last overall :sadno:

But then again the prospect of a shot at #1 overall and no worse than #2 overall in a deep top5 draft does raise an eyebrow.

It's not so much the "when" as it is the fact that the last time the Canucks lost 7 games in a row in regulation was during the Messier era...those were dark times. Last in the West and 2nd last overall :sadno:

But then again the prospect of a shot at #1 overall and no worse than #2 overall in a deep top5 draft does raise an eyebrow.

I just realized we're sitting at drafting 10th overall right now (If that's how it still works).

If we can't get it going in 10 games, should we just tank? We're 3 points ahead of drafting 6th overall.

If this year was never destined to be the year, I would definitely prefer to get something out of it.

There's definitely some nasty firepower up for grabs B)

It's not so much the "when" as it is the fact that the last time the Canucks lost 7 games in a row in regulation was during the Messier era...those were dark times.

But... but we had a mentor in Messier. Fast forward to now..., but we have the Sedins as mentors. How fitting their contracts were all the talk!

I just realized we're sitting at drafting 10th overall right now (If that's how it still works).

If we can't get it going in 10 games, should we just tank? We're 3 points ahead of drafting 6th overall.

If this year was never destined to be the year, I would definitely prefer to get something out of it.

There's definitely some nasty firepower up for grabs B)

If the Canucks can't get it going in the next ten games then that basically is a tank. There would only be 12 games left after that and it would require 4 other teams to tank for the Canucks to still be anywhere near the mix.

2008-2009 there was an 8 game losing streak (although games 5,6, and 8 were OT losses), and it was going to be 9 but Burr scored a shorty in the last minute of the third to break the 3-3 tie. One of my best Burr memories! They won 11 of 13 right after as well.

http://www.nhl.com/i...network=&venue=

I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's the most recent losing streak I remember that was as terrible as this one. There's still hope after the break.

There is hope. Hopefully burr is amazing again once he takes off the shield.

Also maybe we can pray torts steps down and goes back to Boston.

Archived